Shaun Shivers (my man crush) heading into Game 1

Maverick.AU

I want to see Worm get 3-4 series in a row. He seems like the kid of back that would thrive off that workload and get stronger as the game goes on. There’s a ton of talent though so I don’t know how you keep them off the field, but I’d love to see how Shivers did for several drives in a row. 

9 hours ago, Momma Worm said:

Learn football, seems like smaller backs are beginning to make statements in the SEC NFL so get use to it!

Momma, you know I've been Team Worm from the jump, but I had to make one small correction here. :)

With one play in the Iron Bowl, I think Shaun has put to rest any doubts about his ability to get yards after contact .   Beyond that, his quickness, speed, and big play ability make me want to see him see him get a lot of carries this year.  He is going to break some big plays if he gets the touches.

36 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

Sounds like he's stepping up and being a vocal leader as well. 

He's been a leader since he stepped on campus.

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

He's been a leader since he stepped on campus.

Amen. Huge heart and some Serious skill as well. Success earned and deserved. 

36 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Not trying to earn brownie points with @Momma Worm(okay, may a few), but the kid was raised RIGHT. 

It shows. 

50 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

You would've had Boobie Whitlow ahead of him? 

Seats Taken GIFs | Tenor

Me, the coaches too. Now, hopefully he will make us all look foolish. I can certainly handle being wrong. 

4 minutes ago, alexava said:

Me, the coaches too. Now, hopefully he will make us all look foolish. I can certainly handle being wrong. 

Oh, last year's OC already looks plenty foolish. (It wasn't really "the coaches". It was kinda just Gus.)

To be fair to him, we didn't have MAR or Tank, and DJ was banged up much of the season. But we had Worm. And now we have all of them, which- in addition to him just not really being a classroom guy- almost certainly factored into him transferring. 

Fortunately we have a new OC and things should operate a little more sensibly. 

Archived