177 & 39

NorthGATiger

I can't get over the fact that in year 8 we just watched our offense throw for 177 yards and rush for 39 yards.  In year 8.  I am only slightly exaggerating when I say that I could stand in the huddle with a marker and a napkin and design plays to get the same yardage.  Seriously.  50% of the board members here could draw up plays to get 216 yards in a football game.  We are paying a man millions to do this.  

How in the world in year 8 does our offense look worse against Kentucky than Ole Miss and MSU look against Florida and LSU?  Those two schools have completely new staffs with far less talent and they look light years better than we do with our 8 year old coach and new OC.

Good point. At this rate, Morris is going to move on at the end of the season and we'll be on to yet another OC who will put up mediocre numbers. Gus will take the keys back from Morris at some point this season (assuming he lets him call plays at all currently).

I honestly stopped caring about our football program until Gus is fired.

28 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

I can't get over the fact that in year 8 we just watched our offense throw for 177 yards and rush for 39 yards.  In year 8.  I am only slightly exaggerating when I say that I could stand in the huddle with a marker and a napkin and design plays to get the same yardage.  Seriously.  50% of the board members here could draw up plays to get 216 yards in a football game.  We are paying a man millions to do this.  

How in the world in year 8 does our offense look worse against Kentucky than Ole Miss and MSU look against Florida and LSU?  Those two schools have completely new staffs with far less talent and they look light years better than we do with our 8 year old coach and new OC.

...that would be game 2 in year 1 of a new OC. Unless you have proof Malzahn is running the O still.

4 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

...that would be game 2 in year 1 of a new OC. Unless you have proof Malzahn is running the O still.

I was throwing the UGA game out due to everyone saying how good they are.  Now if you are asking me if that was Chads offense the answer is no.  Regardless of who the OC has been for 8 years a Gus coached team does the same thing.  QB under attack with no time to throw, Gus has two plays....Horizontal to the sideline or long developing play down field that we don't have time for.  Zero use of the field between the hashes 5-15 yards.  This by the way is where you go with the ball when the LBs are selling out after the QB.

I think a Gus offense would have at least tried to run the ball.  Not saying it would have been any more successful against UGA but don’t thing that’s Gus’s call.  Most talented pool of players on offense are the RBs and they weren’t utilized at all.

When you don’t have any blocking nothing you run is going to work.  It doesn’t matter who is calling plays.  The ball was dropped in recruitIng and development of the offensive line and it didn’t start last week it started years  ago.  

Archived