Amwest20

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Amwest20 said:

Very few people want him as head coach.

Many believe he’s incompetent.

Many bash him On a daily basis.

All Are legal actions and everybody has reasons for how they feel.  

Why is it that nobody wants him to succeed though?  Im referring to every   single year.  It’s logical to believe a coach would perform better if he just had more overall support from the fans.  Why can’t we root for our coach?  

I’m hoping for honest answers rather than petty ones.  

This is TOTAL BULL!  There’s not one person on this forum that would not love to see CGM or who ever the coach of AU is succeed. We have been watching the same lame performance with the occasional exception sprinkled in.

Reading through your barrage of posts lately I would suspect you are either 1) new to watching CGM coached teams, 2) related to CGM or 3) media trying to stir up crap.  CGM has had how many years and how many O coordinators to put a consistent product on the field? Besides, if $7M a year isn’t enough to motivate a man to perform and fix the problems, NO amount of fan fare is going to do it. 

2 minutes ago, C'viewTiger said:

This is TOTAL BULL!  There’s not one person on this forum that would not love to see CGM or who ever the coach of AU is succeed. We have been watching the same lame performance with the occasional exception sprinkled in.

Reading through your barrage of posts lately I would suspect you are either 1) new to watching CGM coached teams, 2) related to CGM or 3) media trying to stir up crap.  CGM has had how many years and how many O coordinators to put a consistent product on the field? Besides, if $7M a year isn’t enough to motivate a man to perform and fix the problems, NO amount of fan fare is going to do it. 

Yea I’ve heard from everyone about how supportive everyone is.  He’s just overwhelmed with support.  So I’m done talking about it.

As for you suspecting that I’m new to watching Auburn, relative of CGM, or a part of the media.... I’m truly not.  I’m a 30 year old AU alum with no agenda and I’m in the agricultural field far from the media.... that’s the honest truth.  

I am new to the forum.  I may not follow proper “chat room etiquette” or whatever.  I see that the vast majority of the fan base has just gave up on CGM.  The reasons why are mostly valid and justified.  

I really just wish he would get better.  The lens I’m looking through is that I want Auburn to get better right now and stay consistent and he keeps his job and we eventually become elite under him.  Nobody thinks that has any chance of happening.  Some would say I’m living in a fantasy land.  OK I get why.  I mean its not just totally impossible that it could happen.      

It's not that we don't want him to succeed,  we do. He has however, for the most part, besides flashes of success, managed to tread just above the line that continues to keep him employed at Auburn University. It almost appears that in order to replace him, he is going to have to become a colossal failure.

After 8 years, its not gonna change.  As much as I love Auburn, and will continue to do so, for things to improve , he has to go. He has completely lost my support. i refuse to even entertain the thought of attending a game.  I don't even watch on TV anymore.

yes, I know the next coach could be worse, but there is only 1 way to find out. By switching coaches, we are at least attempting to better the program. 

The players deserve better, the University deserves better, the Auburn family deserves  better.

If it takes us supporting  the belief of  Gus failing in order to make the program better, then I am all in. With that said I totally support our players, totally hate that they are caught in the middle of a prgram in limbo.

Would love for him to be successfull.

its really surprising he isn’t. Has all the

resources needed. But sometimes people just aren’t able to do the job. After eight years for whatever reason he hasn’t done it well enough.

He truly loves Auburn I believe but right now I just don’t think he has the fight or ability to make it work.

7 hours ago, keesler said:

Met - He just needs more TIME to get the pieces right.  Just a few more years to get the missing pieces in the right place and he'll make it there.  

Let's never forget that he's an enormously wealthy high character man.  At the same time we must ignore the fact that he's failed to field "his style of football" for years without a solid running attack.  He just needs more dang time for the percentages to increase for him.

When you summarized what I said above.  It was a fair assessment.  It sounds a little arrogant at first, but the statement was an accurate description.  Thanks .

Just now, homersapien said:

For $49 million, I don't just want him to succeed,  I expect him to succeed. :glare:

There might be more posts in this thread but there won't be a better one than the one above. 

31 minutes ago, homersapien said:

For $49 million, I don't just want him to succeed,  I expect him to succeed. :glare:

As you should.  

Despite the on the field results (record in T-town, Baton Rouge, Athens) and inconsistencies with the offense, CGM’s strong suit has been how clean he runs the program. I’m interested to see if the scuffles between teammates and jawing with the other team are a one time thing from the Carolina game or something we’ll see again. This could be a canary in the coal mine for if he really is losing the team. 

15 hours ago, AURealist said:

He has been weighed in the balances and found wanting.

The writing is on the wall. He has been tested and proved faulty. 

8 hours ago, all4AU said:

Despite the on the field results (record in T-town, Baton Rouge, Athens) and inconsistencies with the offense, CGM’s strong suit has been how clean he runs the program. I’m interested to see if the scuffles between teammates and jawing with the other team are a one time thing from the Carolina game or something we’ll see again. This could be a canary in the coal mine for if he really is losing the team. 

Yep.  Couldn’t have said it better.  

9 hours ago, AUght2win said:

What

If that confuses you then I’m sorry bro you’re hopeless.

If you don’t agree with it, don’t worry, you’re in the very vast majority.  

I’m not sure what support he’s not getting?  He has one of the best operating budgets in the sport and has had great fan support for many years.  He built up a ton of good will due to ‘10 and ‘13 and he’s a guy that people generally like.  He’s losing support fast because he doesn’t win consistently in a job where that is the primary goal.

You’re either being disingenuous or dense with these posts.

35 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

I’m not sure what support he’s not getting?  He has one of the best operating budgets in the sport and has had great fan support for many years.  He built up a ton of good will due to ‘10 and ‘13 and he’s a guy that people generally like.  He’s losing support fast because he doesn’t win consistently in a job where that is the primary goal.

You’re either being disingenuous or dense with these posts.

Tell me if the following is inaccurate: 

2013- He wasn’t the most popular hire... and that’s ok.... he had a great season then everybody briefly loved him.  

2014- Season started strong and finished weak and quite a few people wanted him gone then.  Nowhere near the amount that do now, but a population of the fan base did.

2015- Season pretty much sucked the whole way through and his support from the fans was near where it is now.

2016- Started slow and his seat was on fire.  We went on a little streak, and qb/rb injuries ended the streak and his fan support was fairly low. 

2017- Started slow again and fans were calling for his job, things started clicking and made it to SEC champ and lost.  People wanted him gone because he lost.  

2018- Terrible year.  Support from fans is where it is now.

2019- Started strong.  Lost some close games.  Beat Bama.  Lost Bowl game.  High % of fans wanted him gone.

2020- We look like garbage with an air raid offense.  High % of fans want him gone.  

One might say, yea duh we want him Bc there’s a trend of no consistency and he’s never gonna get us to the top.....OK..... one might also say lets embrace this guy until he gets justifiably fired Bc he there actually some evidence that he can get us there.  I have zero problem with the termination of Gus if this season doesn’t finish strong.  Actually, that’s my stance.  Call it a dense post or whatever you want to call it.  That’s how I look at it.  

5 minutes ago, Amwest20 said:

Tell me if the following is inaccurate: 

2013- He wasn’t the most popular hire... and that’s ok.... he had a great season then everybody briefly loved him.  

2014- Season started strong and finished weak and quite a few people wanted him gone then.  Nowhere near the amount that do now, but a population of the fan base did.

2015- Season pretty much sucked the whole way through and his support from the fans was near where it is now.

2016- Started slow and his seat was on fire.  We went on a little streak, and qb/rb injuries ended the streak and his fan support was fairly low. 

2017- Started slow again and fans were calling for his job, things started clicking and made it to SEC champ and lost.  People wanted him gone because he lost.  

2018- Terrible year.  Support from fans is where it is now.

2019- Started strong.  Lost some close games.  Beat Bama.  Lost Bowl game.  High % of fans wanted him gone.

2020- We look like garbage with an air raid offense.  High % of fans want him gone.  

One might say, yea duh we want him Bc there’s a trend of no consistency and he’s never gonna get us to the top.....OK..... one might also say lets embrace this guy until he gets justifiably fired Bc he there actually some evidence that he can get us there.  I have zero problem with the termination of Gus if this season doesn’t finish strong.  Actually, that’s my stance.  Call it a dense post or whatever you want to call it.  That’s how I look at it.  

I don't think it's dense, but I do think there is a level of troll.  I disagree with your statement about 2018.  He had more fan support...not 2003 Tuberville level, but more than today. He's plummeting with every poor showing. Without the buyout, it's hard for anyone to justify keeping him around unless you just like being mid-tier SEC with an occasional bright spot.

2 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

I don't think it's dense, but I do think there is a level of troll.  I disagree with your statement about 2018.  He had more fan support...not 2003 Tuberville level, but more than today. He's plummeting with every poor showing. Without the buyout, it's hard for anyone to justify keeping him around unless you just like being mid-tier SEC with an occasional bright spot.

Ok well no matter what level of trolling you suspect, it’s not my intent.  My intent was to state my personal opinion on the matter and get some insight into the general fan bases opinion about it as well.  By definition, your suspicion of me trolling is not accurate.  

On 10/20/2020 at 7:50 AM, Amwest20 said:

If that confuses you then I’m sorry bro you’re hopeless.

If you don’t agree with it, don’t worry, you’re in the very vast majority.  

What

On 10/20/2020 at 9:16 AM, Amwest20 said:

Ok well no matter what level of trolling you suspect, it’s not my intent.  My intent was to state my personal opinion on the matter and get some insight into the general fan bases opinion about it as well.  By definition, your suspicion of me trolling is not accurate.  

The idea of a coach being affected by fan support...

Gus' life: Full time Dad and Husband. Assuming he goes to church. Coaches 80 hours a week. Travels non-stop. Recruits non-stop. Speaking engagements. Booster meetings. TV interviews. Etc.

When on earth would he have the time or mental capacity to worry about fan support? When does he even see fans or interact with them? That world is so incredibly insulated and constant that what we say couldn't matter less to a guy like Gus.

Archived