The 2020 Auburn Offense the remaining 6 games

Amwest20

Along with increased number of running plays, we need to bring the HUNH aspect of the offense that has completely faded the past few years.  We need tank to avg 20-25 carries for the remainder of the year and if our solid backups get hot, then rest Tank.  

I feel if we used Bo similarly to how we used Sean White in the past, we would be a good football team.  Perhaps, great. 

I’m absolutely not a fan of the type of offense we’re running right now.  Gus needs to take control or make Chad run it that way.  Chad needs to be his new “yes man” in a sense...for now.  

Anybody disagree with that?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Based on Gus’s statements today I think you’re gonna start seeing more Gus in the O.  If that goes well then more Gus and more Gus.  Things will be going great until Bama holds Auburn to 150 yards and everyone’s heads explode again.  If Auburn beats TaMu then bowl loss.  If TaMu loss then bowl win.

All kinds of No’s and hell no’s wrong with this post. 
it gets so tiresome rehashing all the wrongs with our program and Gus. I get that you like him and that’s fine. I will respect that but stop trying to fix him.. 

and hell no he doesn’t need to take over for Morris... been there and done that in the past... he does this every single year when his seat gets hot and normally pulls a rabbit out of the hat.. then back to same ole rinse and repeat.... reason # 3,789 he needs to be shown the door. 
Bo Nix is so below Sean White right now.....so much wrong with that situation.. 

5 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Based on Gus’s statements today I think you’re gonna start seeing more Gus in the O.  If that goes well then more Gus and more Gus.  Things will be going great until Bama holds Auburn to 150 yards and everyone’s heads explode again.  If Auburn beats TaMu then bowl loss.  If TaMu loss then bowl win.

So that’s your prediction if the offense is ran as I as I described? 

2 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

All kinds of No’s and hell no’s wrong with this post. 
it gets so tiresome rehashing all the wrongs with our program and Gus. I get that you like him and that’s fine. I will respect that but stop trying to fix him.. 

and hell no he doesn’t need to take over for Morris... been there and done that in the past... he does this every single year when his seat gets hot and normally pulls a rabbit out of the hat.. then back to same ole rinse and repeat.... reason # 3,789 he needs to be shown the door. 
Bo Nix is so below Sean White right now.....so much wrong with that situation.. 

This isn’t about liking Gus.  I simply shared my view on what we need to do as an offense in 2020 to be the most successful?  Ok you disagree.

What do you suggest? 

11 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

I’ll have to check that out... can you post a link or lead me there? 

Just now, Amwest20 said:

This isn’t about liking Gus.  I simply shared my view on what we need to do as an offense in 2020 to be the most successful?  Ok you disagree.

What do you suggest? 

1. Continue to let Morris do what he was hired to do.

2. Sit Nix 

Just now, AuMarine said:

2. Sit Nix 

Wow now that’s something I totally unequivocally 100% disagree with that statement .  Like polar opposite. 

1 minute ago, AuMarine said:

2. Sit Nix 

How can someone dislike this? Hahah . This is about as objective as it gets. 

2 minutes ago, Amwest20 said:

So that’s your prediction if the offense is ran as I as I described? 

IMO You’re gonna see Tank and Worm getting a good number of carries.  I think DJ should still get 10 carries.  I think Bo is going to be more around 30 passes and will probably look a little better.  As bad as Ole Miss is on defense I think you could see Auburn rush for close to 300 yards and pass in the 250 range.  That would actually be below average for what Ole Miss is giving up.  If the run is working you probably will see some pace.  All these things and a couple more sugar huddles will lead me to believe Gus is in charge.

Just now, Amwest20 said:

Wow now that’s something I totally unequivocally 100% disagree with that statement .  Like polar opposite. 

Cool.. you can disagree and it’s fine.. just like I totally unequivocally 100% disagree with your statement. 

5 minutes ago, Amwest20 said:

I’ll have to check that out... can you post a link or lead me there? 

If I read between the lines Gus wants to be more of a running up the middle team than bubble screen team.

3 hours ago, AuMarine said:

Cool.. you can disagree and it’s fine.. just like I totally unequivocally 100% disagree with your statement. 

War eagle bro..... Auburn is a Beautiful Place in a great country ain’t it?

MAGA .... let’s Make Auburn Great Again.

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

We actually have posters on here calling for Gus take over the offense.. I can’t man... 

15 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

2. Sit Nix 

I agree . Give Loy a shot . 

Non Chad Gus related.  Auburn is 4 games in and needs to settle on an Oline.  Personally I like the idea of Jackson at LT, Council or Jones at LG, Brahms C, Hamm RG, and Troxell RT.  This would put Hamm at his natural position and have the next two options at the other spots.  Brahms needs help and the tackles are what they are.  Unless one of the jucos or a freshman wins a spot in the spring this is the 2021 line and needs reps.

15 minutes ago, DAG said:

I’m not disliking the objectivity of it.

Our offense is damn near dead last In the SEC and it simply don’t work. I’m just saying I dislike what the results would be if our team went the route you described.  

The closeness of all these SEC games has prevented a lot of young WRs from seeing the field.  I’d have liked to see the super speedy guy that came in last minute get an end around or kick return.  I think Stove gets an extra year but Seth is probably gone to the NFL and possibly flash too.  Auburn will need some young guys to fill those spots.

I must say..... I’m not totally against benching Nix..... had to throw that out there.  Loy I think maybe could be the White/Stidham type that of past qb.  I still stay leave Bo in there though.  He’s gritty.... kids can act like a fool and learn from it.  

I stand firm on the running/ HUNH aspect of it.  

37 minutes ago, Amwest20 said:

I stand firm on the running/ HUNH aspect of it.  

Gus has gotten further and further away from this each year. It's like he can't even make a decision which play he wants to call. When he first came to Auburn it seemed that he was running plays to set up an upcoming play. Now we just wait until the D gets lined up and ready to stuff our play because let's face it, they Still Know What We Did Last Summer (actually Fall) and we still do it. Saban cried and cried about how unfair the HUNH was at the beginning and now he smokes Gus at his own game. Gus is done. I like the man but he is done. Other coaches took his own philosophy and are doing it better. That's how most of us know it's over. 

26 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Gus has gotten further and further away from this each year. It's like he can't even make a decision which play he wants to call. When he first came to Auburn it seemed that he was running plays to set up an upcoming play. Now we just wait until the D gets lined up and ready to stuff our play because let's face it, they Still Know What We Did Last Summer (actually Fall) and we still do it. Saban cried and cried about how unfair the HUNH was at the beginning and now he smokes Gus at his own game. Gus is done. I like the man but he is done. Other coaches took his own philosophy and are doing it better. That's how most of us know it's over. 

Shame on him.  I wonder why we’ve gotten so far away from it?  Gus is like the creator of the whole concept of it isn’t he?  It isn’t like him to go against his own creation.  

I've pointed for a month to this game as the one where Morris, Nix, Oline and receivers get in sync. Tank stays healthy and we all go "oh I get it"!

Until Gus develops the ability to adapt when a plan isn't working or utilize the weapons we have based on what the defense is doing it doesn't matter what offense he runs.

We are STILL not utilizing a TE in year 8

We are STILL running basic route trees

We are STILL not teaching our QBs to stand in the pocket, or not to throw it sidearmed off their back foot

We are STILL under recruiting OL

THE LIST GOES ON AND ON.

He doesn't gameplan against a defense,  he runs his plays no matter what's going on in the game to our detriment in most cases.

2 hours ago, DAG said:

Lol asked dude for his opinion then disliked it because it was different than his own! 😂 gotta love it

Archived