Meet the front runners for Biden's Cabinet

DKW 86

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Lol. You thinking this about me explains a lot. 

It's weird that you continue to so desperately cling onto this notion when you've been told by the same people of whom you accuse this that it's inaccurate. Regardless, I asked how you would like politicians to make life better for middle class Americans.

Who are we talking about now? Brad? You're probably right, if so. Dude is so solid.

Literally everybody on this forum agrees with you about this and most have said so more than once. It's like agreeing that the planet is round.

It is when it's the only thing you can contribute to any discussion of the parties and candidates that govern the country.

By the way, I've blamed Dems and praised Republicans for many things many times. It really should be clear to "anyone with a brain"- to borrow a phrase of yours from way back- that the heavy criticism of trump and the McConnells and Grahams of the world that have gone all in with him is specific to them. That the nature of the discourse changed because we're talking about donald ******* trump. It's not because he's a Republican. It's not because he's a conservative. He's barely either of those things and all of us whom you keep impotently bitching about fully recognize this and have explained it to you many times. It's funny that you constantly- and inaccurately- harp on this stuff and then want to get all kumbaya-we-have-more-in-common-than-you-think about it. Check your blind spot and consider your own role in exacerbating it.

No argument here. 

Well for starters an actual tax plan that actually does what they say it will do instead of benefitting the rich. Tired of R cuts for the rich and D "increases" for the rich that actually mean nothing. 

Healthcare is a whole other issue that needs to be addressed. 

Are you still hung up on that? I think onetime I said something about Bill Clinton and you were like "move on". Time for you to move on.

As far as Trump goes, I agree that the McConnells and Grahams went all in on him and threw what integrity out the door with it. Trump is a symptom of broken system, yet we ended up with McC and Graham kissing his ass and Pelosi, Schumer and others getting in the mud with him dragging this country through a failed impeachment, playing partisan politics with him ( McC and G as well). Are they all that disconnected that they don't realize it is them we are tired of? Before you say the R's stifled Obama for 8 years, I get it. Two wrongs don't make a right. And their behavior is just as much the problem. 

You also give too much credit to trump. Once all the dust is settled, 73 million voters will just move on with their lives. There isn't going to be mass hysteria. However, I think until we have some changes we will see more crap with the likes of trump until one of the parties gets the picture. 

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

I'm with Loof.  All this nihilism is nothing more than a self-indulgent way of avoiding realistic solutions to the problem. Your version of Realistic is the Rich get greatly Even More Wealthy and Powerful and the Middleclass gets sodomized by Losing Wealth, Buried in Student Debt, and Exceedingly Poor Retirements??Because you cant even begin to think of a place where Ds and Rs arent the be all end all of everything?  Every other nation on the planet has more than two parties. Why cant we?

Both parties corrupt?  Of course.

How do we address that?  Unfortunately, after Citizens United, I am not sure you can without over turning CU. Fat chance that will ever happen.
Both parties are like Crack addicted to the $$$ now.

Which party is more likely to address corruption?  Corruption? I seriously see just about ZERO chance of anything resembling reform on Corruption from either party.

That's where your focus and effort should go. I have discussed this before, I am focusing there and/or toward an Indie-Prog Option.

Want to reduce the role of money in politics? YES.

Which party is more likely to do that? I am afraid that neither really wants to reduce the $$$ in politics even a dollar anymore. 

That's where your focus and effort should go. I think this is a lost cause at this point. 

Want a third party?  YES.

What are the practical implications of having a third party in our political system.  What's history say?  Forming a third party will only weaken one or the other of the current parties, allowing the remaining one to assume power as a minority.  Like it or not, if you really want to see our politics change to benefit a constituency other than the wealthy, the most feasible way to make that happen is for one of the current parties to transform itself (which has happened in the past). 

I disagree 100% on this. I think that there will be a split in both parties soon, 5-10 years. I dont see either party transforming ever again.
The Clinton Wing has taken over the Dems and the Reps have sold completely out for Wall Street, with the Dems right behind.

I see the Reps breaking into Traditional Classically Conservative Northeastern Reps and into a Southern Dominated Reddit-AltRight-Racially Crazy Very small party. 

I see the Dems breaking into Wall Street & Tech Oligarchy Heavy Neo-Lib Machine that Completely Abandons the Deplorables in the Middleclass and Traditionally Progressive Wing of Non-Elitist Educated People with the Non-Degreed Middleclass breaking into its own party. 

1 hour ago, wdefromtx said:

Well for starters an actual tax plan that actually does what they say it will do instead of benefitting the rich. Tired of R cuts for the rich and D "increases" for the rich that actually mean nothing. 

Healthcare is a whole other issue that needs to be addressed. 

Are you still hung up on that? I think onetime I said something about Bill Clinton and you were like "move on". Time for you to move on.

As far as Trump goes, I agree that the McConnells and Grahams went all in on him and threw what integrity out the door with it. Trump is a symptom of broken system, yet we ended up with McC and Graham kissing his ass and Pelosi, Schumer and others getting in the mud with him dragging this country through a failed impeachment, playing partisan politics with him ( McC and G as well). Are they all that disconnected that they don't realize it is them we are tired of? Before you say the R's stifled Obama for 8 years, I get it. Two wrongs don't make a right. And their behavior is just as much the problem. 

You also give too much credit to trump. Once all the dust is settled, 73 million voters will just move on with their lives. There isn't going to be mass hysteria. However, I think until we have some changes we will see more crap with the likes of trump until one of the parties gets the picture. 

Well, there already is mass hysteria. Maybe it settles down, maybe not. That's up to Republican leadership. As of right now, they are doing everything they can to make it worse. But all the crazies protesting over masks and marching on state capitols and crap... it's going to have to be Republicans that clean that crap up, because those people will literally do the opposite of whatever Dems want to do. And there are a lot of them. 

You're right that trump is a symptom and not the disease, but there's no question that he made it much worse. Republican voters could have overreacted to Obama in a much more reasonable way. Look at what Dems did. We elected the safest, most boring option possible.  And what do Republicans do? Call it cheating. Can't help but freak the **** out no matter what Dems do. So hell yeah I'm going to look down from this boring, normal horse on all these idiots that thought the solution to Washington was electing a reality TV clown who is like a caricature of all of Washington's worst proclivities. 

No, Dem responses to trump aren't just as much the problem. Again, I know you want this to be true for some reason, but it's not. They can be held responsible for being a bit tone deaf and some missteps but they shouldn't have to placate a bunch of idiots being riled up by a loudmouthed jackass, nor said jackass himself. That guy is, as this post-election insanity shows even more than the previous 4 years did, dangerous. They tried to protect the country from him. They made some bad choices along the way but there were no good ones. The impeachment- by the way, he was impeached, so it wasn't technically a failure- wasn't politically savvy but it was the right thing to do and they can sleep at night. Are you sure you're really all that tired of politics as usual? You sure seem upset that some politicians acted according to their principles. I thought that's what you wanted them to do?

Yeah, healthcare is an issue that needs to be addressed. Obama didn't stick the landing but at least he pushed the conversation WAY forward. What the hell did trump do besides piss and moan like a useless child? There's a MASSIVE difference. 

Nobody's putting Biden up on a pedestal.  Nobody just blindly thinks the guy is some superhero. But he's as decent a human being as we ever get in that office and he represents our best shot at some bipartisan teamwork. That's where all those years in Washington are an asset. Will he be beholden to some corporate interests? Of course. But in this election, saving our democracy was the most important issue and we as a country made the right decision to accomplish that. So now we can hold his feet to the fire for four years and then have another referendum. In the meantime, we'll vote locally and hopefully send the kind of people we think will help to Washington. I'm really excited about what's going on in Georgia right now towards that end. (South Carolina, where I actually get my mail, not so much.) 

45 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Well, there already is mass hysteria. Maybe it settles down, maybe not. That's up to Republican leadership. As of right now, they are doing everything they can to make it worse. But all the crazies protesting over masks and marching on state capitols and crap... it's going to have to be Republicans that clean that crap up, because those people will literally do the opposite of whatever Dems want to do. And there are a lot of them. 

You're right that trump is a symptom and not the disease, but there's no question that he made it much worse. Republican voters could have overreacted to Obama in a much more reasonable way. Look at what Dems did. We elected the safest, most boring option possible.  And what do Republicans do? Call it cheating. Can't help but freak the **** out no matter what Dems do. So hell yeah I'm going to look down from this boring, normal horse on all these idiots that thought the solution to Washington was electing a reality TV clown who is like a caricature of all of Washington's worst proclivities. 

No, Dem responses to trump aren't just as much the problem. Again, I know you want this to be true for some reason, but it's not. They can be held responsible for being a bit tone deaf and some missteps but they shouldn't have to placate a bunch of idiots being riled up by a loudmouthed jackass, nor said jackass himself. That guy is, as this post-election insanity shows even more than the previous 4 years did, dangerous. They tried to protect the country from him. They made some bad choices along the way but there were no good ones. The impeachment- by the way, he was impeached, so it wasn't technically a failure- wasn't politically savvy but it was the right thing to do and they can sleep at night. Are you sure you're really all that tired of politics as usual? You sure seem upset that some politicians acted according to their principles. I thought that's what you wanted them to do?

Yeah, healthcare is an issue that needs to be addressed. Obama didn't stick the landing but at least he pushed the conversation WAY forward. What the hell did trump do besides piss and moan like a useless child? There's a MASSIVE difference. 

Nobody's putting Biden up on a pedestal.  Nobody just blindly thinks the guy is some superhero. But he's as decent a human being as we ever get in that office and he represents our best shot at some bipartisan teamwork. That's where all those years in Washington are an asset. Will he be beholden to some corporate interests? Of course. But in this election, saving our democracy was the most important issue and we as a country made the right decision to accomplish that. So now we can hold his feet to the fire for four years and then have another referendum. In the meantime, we'll vote locally and hopefully send the kind of people we think will help to Washington. I'm really excited about what's going on in Georgia right now towards that end. (South Carolina, where I actually get my mail, not so much.) 

It has been 2 weeks since the election. I haven't seen much mass hysteria, I have seen some people whining and listening to politicians and trump talk about cheating in the election. But I have mostly seen 73 million trump voters shake their heads and move on. We have checks and balances for a reason and as i suspected when he was elected, they kept him in check. Except for his tantrums and twitter use. 

So he gets an asterisk by his name like Clinton. That is a failure if the goal was to get him removed. Basically symbolic in nature so they can feel good about themselves, wasted a lot of time and resources all which could have been better used in some other capacity. I am sure many consultants got rich from it. 

If by taking a broken system and then making it worse to force us to have to do something then I suppose that is success. My prediction back when this was passed was eventually we will all end up with the same s***ty coverage, higher deductibles, higher copays, higher out of pocket expenses, losing your doctor. Mine has been on that trajectory since then.

I am sure he will be beholden to the corporations. Just as in the past in the oval office. Really, trump has this set up on a tee for him.....that is after trump.....one would have to really try not to unite this country. I hope he does, I hope he does the right thing and finds bi-partisan compromise or will he try to push the country to the further left as some of the segments of the party want him to do. By and large he is just a figure head like all president's in the past. What we really need to focus on is our representatives and really hold them accountable and not have corrupt folks leaching off us for a lifetime like Graham, McConnell, Pelosi and Schumer and padding their pockets. The regime of old timers is way too out of touch with America.

8 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

What we really need to focus on is our representatives and really hold them accountable and not have corrupt folks leaching off us for a lifetime like Graham, McConnell, Pelosi and Schumer and padding their pockets. The regime of old timers is way too out of touch with America.

I can certainly agree with this.

22 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Reading and comprehension seem to be two completely separate things with some. Mitt Romney in the cabinet? 
I have a friend, a very old dear friend, that old man may stroke out hearing that,  he HATES Romney so bad. In his head, Romney is about .05 better then Trump. 
poor old Billy, he may spontaneously combust on that alone. 

The Think Tanks that bidens advisors are all apart of literally take their money from Northrop, Raytheon, Genl Dynamics, every M-I-C member you can name. If they are NOT part of those Think Tanks, then they are part of Think Tanks that take all their funding from Wall Street. 

This is a non-sequitur.

Moniz is well qualified for the position, having already served in the capacity once. Hell, the guy is a nuclear physicist by trade. By contrast, successor/possible predecessor couldn't even remember the department existed.

We're seriously coming off of the richest, least qualified cabinet in our history,  and you're splitting hairs over well qualified individuals.

The fact of the matter is that the best qualified individuals are always going to be elbow deep in their respective trades.

The one thing this thread has made clear is that you're indicting Moniz on a bull**** cursory examination and leaving it at that. You might as well indict Jones for working in private practice. Look deeper. He's a good one. 

Moniz is a lobbyist for the fossil fuel industry.

https://newrepublic.com/article/159357/ernie-moniz-biden-energy-gives-climate-nightmares

That’s a prospect that worries climate watchers. Earlier this month, 145 progressive groups sent a letter to Joe Biden’s campaign, urging the candidate to “ban all fossil fuel executives, lobbyists, and representatives from any advisory or official position on your campaign, transition team, cabinet, and administration.” Many of them say Moniz fits the bill.

https://www.greenpeace.org/usa/news/greenpeace-urges-joe-biden-to-reject-ernest-moniz-and-choose-climate-champions-for

Greenpeace Urges Joe Biden to Reject Ernest Moniz and Choose Climate Champions for Cabinetby Ryan Schleeter November 16, 2020

“The American people have given Joe Biden a mandate to take bold action in service of climate justice, public health, economic prosperity, and racial equity. Moniz would only be holding him back."

Next your crazy ass will be telling us that Greenpeace is just a bunch of Trumpsters...

Archived