why is it that this fan base

eaglenest

Has to beg for everything!?!? Auburn and it's brain trust can not handle or be proactive in decision making for the good of Auburn and it's Alums, fans, admin, student athletes. Some people maybe ok with it's direction, some may think it is puzzling, some may think it is disturbing, but I think it is very troublesome..

The athletic administration shouldn’t bend to the will of the fan base. If they make a change, it should be because they want to make the change. Not be cause we do. As much as all of us like to fake it on here, nobody is really “in the know” about what’s going on behind the scenes. They are the experts, and they are paid to keep the general interest of the program at heart. Fans on the other hand are reactive, impulsive, and emotional. Bad decision makers. 

30 minutes ago, chizhead said:

I guess we hired Gus?

If fans were running the program, we probably would have made a worse hire, or we would have killed all of our other athletic programs financially to make a hire about as good as Gus.

Also, the fans wanted Gus Malzahn. I was one of the few saying we'd made a bad decision. My how the tables have turned...

4 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

I was one of the few saying we'd made a bad decision

I was one of the more vocal opponents to the hire. NotSince72 remembers it well and I remember being the only one

3 hours ago, AUFriction said:

If fans were running the program, we probably would have made a worse hire, or we would have killed all of our other athletic programs financially to make a hire about as good as Gus.

Also, the fans wanted Gus Malzahn. I was one of the few saying we'd made a bad decision. My how the tables have turned...

You don’t follow AU too much do You? It was in fact the Administration ( and BOT) that almost closed down all the athletics as well as lose our accreditation because of their stupidity a few years ago. Remember that or do you just not count that? And you want to call them “experts” I call them folks that buy their position. Remember your “experts gave this loser coach 49 million only to watch him crap in his pants the very next game . Maybe stop posting until you read up a little 🤔

3 hours ago, AUFriction said:

I didn't want Gus.  Thankful for the 2013 year, but this man should never have been hired by Auburn.

Imagine what Arky State would look like if Auburn had let him earn his spurs

Archived