Dean, you got to love him...

DKW 86

May he serve long as the head of the DNC!

Simi Valley Councilman Glenn Becerra, a staffer with former Republican Gov. Pete Wilson and a Bush appointee to the White House Commission on Presidential Scholars, said Tuesday he was far from amused by Dean's suggestion that Republicans constitute "a white Christian party," and called the Democratic Party chairman "an embarrassment."

"I'm living proof that the (GOP) isn't what Howard Dean is trying to describe,'' Becerra said during a telephone interview. "It's a sad day when Democrats don't have any ideas to put forward, and they have to resort to race politics. President Bush didn't get 40 percent of the Hispanic vote (in 2004) because we're a monolithic, white Christian party."

How's that foot taste, Howard?

"This is one of those flaps that comes up once in awhile when I get tough," Dean said.

No, it's the flap that comes up quite frequently when you or someone else in the party makes a jackass statement.

"We have to be rough on the Republicans. Republicans don't represent ordinary Americans and they don't have any understanding of what it is to go out and try and make ends meet."

Yeah, Republicans don't represent ordinary Americans nor do they understand them. That's why this map is sooo red.

statemapredblue.png

The lesson on the importance of moral values to ordinary Americans in the fly-over states didn't sink in obviously.

Bush's cabinet and appointees have been more diverse than any past administrations. These aren't window dressing/ token positions , but real ones of real power and responsibility.

But don't expect Howard Dean or the mainstream media let a tiny thing like FACTS get in the way of a good stereotype.

Looks like the Republicans are whining because Dean is using the Republicans' tactics against them.

And they can do that because, of course, no Republican ever made broad generalizations about the Democratic party's base.

Looks like the Republicans are whining because Dean is using the Republicans' tactics against them.

And they can do that because, of course, no Republican ever made broad generalizations about the Democratic party's base.

162998[/snapback]

The problem is...this is the one we hear OVER AND FREAKING OVER. And this is the one that keeps minorities BLINDLY hating the republican party. Because Dean's comments get plastered all over CNN without a qualified rebuttall.

Just like the other posters have pointed out...this cabinet is incredibly diverse...but facts dont matter to Dean. And what do the minorities hear? Republicans are all white christians...stupid stupid stupid.

Howard calls 'em like he sees 'em and the reps can't handle that. Next thing you know, they'll want to give us in lesson in the need for political correctness!!! :roflol:

Dean good at playing Monday Morning Quarterback.

Yet, how do we fix the deficit? Social Security? Border Security? ect....

All we hear is the Republicans are evil, we are the good party. Republicans bad Democrats good.

How about offering a plan other than criticism

Howard calls 'em like he sees 'em and the reps can't handle that. Next thing you know, they'll want to give us in lesson in the need for political correctness!!!  :roflol:

163011[/snapback]

:rolleyes: Al, I haven't read any of your comments in well over a year, but it still amazes me that you could possibly be educated. Dean is a crazy man who is not good for anyone in politics including Democrats.

Howard calls 'em like he sees 'em and the reps can't handle that. Next thing you know, they'll want to give us in lesson in the need for political correctness!!!  :roflol:

163011[/snapback]

:rolleyes: Al, I haven't read any of your comments in well over a year, but it still amazes me that you could possibly be educated. Dean is a crazy man who is not good for anyone in politics including Democrats.

163020[/snapback]

Who are you? Do I know you?

163011[/snapback]

163020[/snapback]

163030[/snapback]

I doubt it......outside of the non-college graduates in my family, the only liberal I associate with on a regular basis is Dr. bammanmr :)

See you around, Al :)

163011[/snapback]

163020[/snapback]

163030[/snapback]

I doubt it......outside of the non-college graduates in my family, the only liberal I associate with on a regular basis is Dr. bammanmr :)

See you around, Al :)

163032[/snapback]

Not likely...give my regards AND condolences to Mike.

Here's my favorite quote:

On illegal immigration: "(Democrats) understand we have a border problem. But we think that if you enforce the laws you already have, the people who are already here ... they haven't broken any laws, they paid their taxes, a lot of them are paying into the Social Security system and getting nothing. Those people ought to be on a reasonable track toward citizenship.''

How can you saw we should enforce the laws we already have and in THE SAME FLIPPING SENTENCE, say the illegals HAVEN'T BROKEN ANY LAWS??????????????????

What an IDIOT. He is truly the best thing to happen to the GOP in AGES.

On illegal immigration: "(Democrats) understand we have a border problem. But we think that if you enforce the laws you already have, the people who are already here ... they haven't broken any laws, they paid their taxes, a lot of them are paying into the Social Security system and getting nothing. Those people ought to be on a reasonable track toward citizenship.''

How can you saw we should enforce the laws we already have and in THE SAME FLIPPING SENTENCE, say the illegals HAVEN'T BROKEN ANY LAWS??????????????????

163048[/snapback]

***points towards his nose with one hand and at Jenny-AU with the other****

163048[/snapback]

Now, Jenny, you're smart enough to read between the lines. Dean was saying that we should enforce the IMMIGRATION laws instead of making new ones, and that the illegals have not broken DOMESTIC CRIMINAL LAWS. Yes, it could have been clearer, and no I don't even agree with it, but the statement does make logical sense.

You who complain the most about Dean are the same people who would be voting Republican even if they ran Lucifer, Prince of Darkness. Your judgments are worth about as much as the fox's opinion on chicken coop security. I'm sure you'd rather the Dems be led by some alan colmes prototype who would bend over and let you kick him all the time, but it ain't happening.

you mean Dean is not Lucifer :blink:   :lol:

163069[/snapback]

Fooled me.... :whistle:

163048[/snapback]

Now, Jenny, you're smart enough to read between the lines. Dean was saying that we should enforce the IMMIGRATION laws instead of making new ones, and that the illegals have not broken DOMESTIC CRIMINAL LAWS. Yes, it could have been clearer, and no I don't even agree with it, but the statement does make logical sense.

You who complain the most about Dean are the same people who would be voting Republican even if they ran Lucifer, Prince of Darkness. Your judgments are worth about as much as the fox's opinion on chicken coop security. I'm sure you'd rather the Dems be led by some alan colmes prototype who would bend over and let you kick him all the time, but it ain't happening.

163068[/snapback]

Read between the lines? I believe you just did a little spin yourself there, Piglet. Why should I have to read between the lnAnd there is no way you can tell me that every illegal immigrant in the US is a totally honest fully law abiding citizen who is just working and keeping his or her nose clean. Yeah, come hang out with Houston PD sometime and see how many illegals they arrest for violent crimes in a month's time - oh, wait, not that they would know since they are not allowed to ask their legal status... Still, you can imagine!

Dean is the head of the DNC - he needs to THINK before he speaks. He is truly an idiot, and that would explain why major Dems are rushing like rats off a sinking ship to distance themselves from him and his HUGE gaffs. Howard Dean is a FREAK - I am not complaining about him - I am laughing my ass off - the Dems are getting exactly what they wished for and it is blowing up in their face.

And just FYI, I may be conservative, but my internship was spent working for a Democratic Congressman, I supported a Democrat for Houston mayor, and no way would I support just any person who called himself a Republican, so kiss my foot. I can tell you that if Rick Perry somehow manages to win the Republican nomination for TX Governor again, I may not vote Democratic, but I sure as heck won't vote for him. I don't know too many people who are straight lever Reppublicans, including many of the conservatives on this board. I myself have only done that twice in my whole life. So watch your overgeneralizations - you are showing your own ignorance.

Piglet, you really are a piece of work. Sometimes you seem like a sane and rational person, with differences of opinion that I can respect, and then you fire off a post like this one and it makes me shake my head and wonder just how many of you there are residing in that little pink body in Thousand Acre Wood.

163048[/snapback]

163068[/snapback]

So the dems are only concerned with illegal immigrants who break "DOMESTIC CRIMINAL LAWS"? Not the illegal immigrants who broke the law to get here in the first place?

So the dems are only concerned with illegal immigrants who break "DOMESTIC CRIMINAL LAWS"?  Not the illegal immigrants who broke the law to get here in the first place?

163188[/snapback]

Yes, Tigermike, you are absolutely right. It's okay that they are criminals from the minute they cross the border, because they are ALL totally honest people who want a better way of life that they will earn solely by the sweat of their brow. None of them are gang members or criminals who may be looking to steal America blind bit by bit. None of them are muleing drugs or smuggling other immigrants into the country or guiding terrorists across the borders or running guns or weapons. None of them have anything but altruistic motives for coming to this great land of ours. <_<

yeah most politicians on the left are either symothetic or apathetic and the few Republicans that would like to do something are scared to come out from under their desk to speak out for fear of being labeled a bigot or racist

And Bush isn't one of them

Piglet, you really are a piece of work.  Sometimes you seem like a sane and rational person, with differences of opinion that I can respect, and then you fire off a post like this one and it makes me shake my head and wonder just how many of you there are residing in that little pink body in Thousand Acre Wood.

163187[/snapback]

:lol: Now, that's funny, 'cause I was thinking the same thing about you (minus the little pink body stuff), and to a lesser extent, about a whole lot of politicians.

Now you mention it, it does seem kinda silly to say the illegals are mostly not breaking other laws after they're here. I was thinking, maybe Dean was too, probably they'd want to keep a pretty low profile and avoid things that would make it likely to encounter police, since they'd get deported and all. But then, they do get caught and deported, and keep coming back, don't they?

Obviously, I don't take Dean or anyone else as gospel all the time. If I did, then being a white Christian, I'd run right over and switch my registration on his say-so. But I still welcome a national Democrat who isn't afraid to get scrappy, as a step in the right direction, is that so hard to understand? Seems to me, they got to their present low point by being wishy-washy and attacking for the capillaries.

Dean's gonna turn out ok, once he learns a decent rebel yell and gets his bearings. Those who separate the hyperbole from the important stuff already see it.

Now you mention it, it does seem kinda silly to say the illegals are mostly not breaking other laws after they're here.  I was thinking, maybe Dean was too, probably they'd want to keep a pretty low profile and avoid things that would make it likely to encounter police, since they'd get deported and all.  But then, they do get caught and deported, and keep coming back, don't they?

163288[/snapback]

No, they DON"T get caught and deported because the cops are not allowed to inquire as to one's "status". The only ones that get "deported" are the ones actually caught in the act of entering illegally. None of the rest ever get deported. Sometimes, on a rare occasion, one of them might get sent back to his mother country AFTER he gets out of prison after serving his term for whatever violent crime he committed while here illegally.

You need to come to Texas and listen to the news some night. It would probably shock you how many times the anchor will say "The assailant was THOUGHT to be in this country illegally...".

Howard Dean is still a freak, and with more and more Dems distancing themselves publically, my opinion is beginning to seem more like the norm. I truly and honestly love the fact that he is DNC chair - especially because he and the Clintons hate each other. Excellent!!

Piglet, you really are a piece of work.  Sometimes you seem like a sane and rational person, with differences of opinion that I can respect, and then you fire off a post like this one and it makes me shake my head and wonder just how many of you there are residing in that little pink body in Thousand Acre Wood.

163187[/snapback]

:lol: Now, that's funny, 'cause I was thinking the same thing about you (minus the little pink body stuff), and to a lesser extent, about a whole lot of politicians.

Now you mention it, it does seem kinda silly to say the illegals are mostly not breaking other laws after they're here. I was thinking, maybe Dean was too, probably they'd want to keep a pretty low profile and avoid things that would make it likely to encounter police, since they'd get deported and all. But then, they do get caught and deported, and keep coming back, don't they?

Obviously, I don't take Dean or anyone else as gospel all the time. If I did, then being a white Christian, I'd run right over and switch my registration on his say-so. But I still welcome a national Democrat who isn't afraid to get scrappy, as a step in the right direction, is that so hard to understand? Seems to me, they got to their present low point by being wishy-washy and attacking for the capillaries.

Dean's gonna turn out ok, once he learns a decent rebel yell and gets his bearings. Those who separate the hyperbole from the important stuff already see it.

163288[/snapback]

Piglet the problem is that they are not deported when they commit crimes in the US. If they commit a major crime, they go to prison. But minor things like automobile wrecks, while driving without a license and no insurance gets them no jail time and the unfortunate US citizen whose vehicle is destroyed must then file a claim with our insurance company. Then our rates go up.

I know two policemen in different parts of the Birmingham area who arrested Hispanic speaking individuals who were obviously driving under the influence of either too much Corona or too much Cabo Wabo. Those individuals had no ID of any type, (obviously no valid drivers license) and claimed to speak no English. After questioning by the interpreters they were released. A couple of weeks later charges were filed against the policemen for allegedly stealing $200 from those two upstanding folks. After being investigated and drug over the coals by their departments and DA's for weeks, they have both come to the conclusion that the Hispanics shouldn't even be stopped for traffic incidents.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=...1/pl_nm/dean_dc

WASHINGTON (Reuters) -    Democratic National Committee leaders embraced feisty party boss    Howard Dean on Saturday and urged him to keep fighting despite a flap over his blunt comments on Republicans.

After a meeting of the DNC's 40-member executive committee at a downtown hotel, members said Dean was doing exactly what they elected him to do -- build the party in all states and aggressively challenge Republicans.

"I hope Governor Dean will remember that he didn't get elected to be a wimp," said DNC member Gilda Cobb-Hunter, a South Carolina state representative. "We have been waiting a long time for someone to stand up for Democrats."

Dean took fire from Republicans and some Democrats earlier this week for a series of recent comments, including calling Republicans "pretty much a white, Christian party" and saying they "never made an honest living in their lives."

Some Democrats in Washington, including party congressional leaders and several potential 2008 White House candidates, distanced themselves from Dean's comments and called them mistakes.

But in a series of interviews DNC members backed the former Vermont governor, known for his fiery rhetoric during his failed 2004 White House run, and said they knew what they were getting when they elected him in February as chairman of the Democratic National Committee.

"Howard Dean is going to be much more aggressive, much more outspoken and much more of a risk-taker outside the Beltway than any chairman has been. We knew that," said Alvaro Cifuentes, chairman of the DNC Hispanic caucus.

"We have to get our politics out of Washington. We cannot continue to be held captive by party leaders who I respect but who have to play their own local politics," Cifuentes said, calling congressional Democrats "timid" and the flap over his comments "mostly a Beltway play."

BUILDING THE BASE

Karen Marchioro, a DNC member from Washington state, said she was stunned to see so many congressional Democrats back away from Dean.

"We always defend them, why won't they defend us? And they want us to support them for president?" she asked. "I have no desire to lose, I just think this is the way you win -- you let people know where you stand and you fight."

Cobb-Hunter said Dean "should consider the source -- congressional Democrats. What's their track record? He's doing what a lot of us wanted him to do and expected him to do."

The flap over Dean's comments was not mentioned directly during a two-hour executive committee working session, which included polling reports and Dean's report on his effort to move resources and organizers into all 50 states.

Several DNC members said Dean had done what he promised -- shift the party's focus to local races rather than concentrate solely on the White House, and pump money into "red" states dominated in recent years by Republicans.

Western Democrats said they were thrilled Dean attended a regional meeting in Helena, Montana, last weekend. "How many Democratic chairmen have gone out to Montana?" asked Steven Alari of California.

"When we elected Dean we knew we were getting a leader who would be good at organizing the base and getting the message out to the American people, and that's what he's doing," Alari said. "He's our guy."

Archived