ok righties i will concede this point...............grins

aubiefifty

yahoo.com

Yahoo

3-4 minutes

Kevin Clinesmith, a former FBI lawyer, has been sentenced to 12 months probation after altering an email used to justify surveillance of Carter Page at the outset of the Russia investigation.

Clinesmith pleaded guilty last year to making a false statement about the altered email that prosecutors said was "material" to the government's wiretap of Page.

In testimony heard at Friday's sentencing hearing, Page, a former Trump campaign adviser, said his personal life "has been severely impacted" by the investigation, known as Crossfire Hurricane, and insisted he was "illegitimately spied upon" as the FBI probed contacts between the Trump campaign and Russia.

MORE: FBI believed Trump campaign aide Carter Page was recruited by Russians

MORE: Carter Page: FBI 'shredded' Constitution by eavesdropping on me

"I had no privacy in any of my communications," Page said. He called the investigation "complete nonsense," adding that it led to him receiving "many death threats" and suffering "complete humiliation."

PHOTO: Carter Page, former foreign-policy adviser to Donald Trump's 2016 Presidential campaign, is interviewed by George Stephanopoulos, Feb. 6, 2018. (Lou Rocco/ABC, FILE)

PHOTO: Carter Page, former foreign-policy adviser to Donald Trump's 2016 Presidential campaign, is interviewed by George Stephanopoulos, Feb. 6, 2018. (Lou Rocco/ABC, FILE)

Clinesmith, addressing the judge prior to the sentence being handed down, said: "I have a duty to take responsibility for my actions and mistakes. I am fully aware of the significance of my actions and the critical error of altering the email."

The judge concluded that although Clinesmith's crime was serious, it did not necessarily alter the FISA court decision.

MORE: Donald Trump and the verdict of history: ANALYSIS

MORE: Trump's influence grows in party with uncertain future: The Note

"It is not at all clear to me the FISA warrant would not have been signed but for this error," said Judge James Boasberg, explaining the sentence of probation instead of incarceration. "Even if Mr. Clinesmith had been accurate about Dr. Page's relationship with another government agency, the warrant may well have been signed and the surveillance authorized."

Clinesmith is the first -- and so far only -- person charged by John Durham, the special counsel appointed by former Attorney General Bill Barr to investigate the origin of what resulted in the Mueller report. Durham had sought prison time for Clinesmith for "deceptive conduct" that "fueled public distrust of the FBI and of the entire FISA program itself," a government sentencing memorandum said.

PHOTO: Kevin Clinesmith, former FBI lawyer, is seen in an undated photo. (Handout)

PHOTO: Kevin Clinesmith, former FBI lawyer, is seen in an undated photo. (Handout)

"Kevin Clinesmith made a grievous mistake," the defense conceded. "By altering a colleague's email, he cut a corner in a job that required far better of him."

The defense sought probation, calling Clinesmith's crime "an aberration."

"The act of altering the email to change its meaning may seem simple and a momentary lapse of judgement, but the lasting harm is immeasurable," assistant U.S. Attorney Anthony Scarpelli said. "The public deserves better from attorneys working for the government."

Former FBI lawyer gets probation for role in Carter Page surveillance originally appeared on abcnews.go.com

Clinesmith, registered Democrat, has not done any time even though he plead guilty 5 months ago.
Clinesmith got 12 months "Probation" and that probably means absolutely nothing as an FBI Special Agent, and 400 hours of Community Service. Bet he doesnt do one second of that. He did not even get disbarred...

He got nothing.
I got $100 says he will be:
on staff with the DNC
or a Democrat Congressman in a few months dragging in $100,000+/year
or working as an FBI Consultant.

To be honest, I am shocked he was even fired.

https://www.henryherald.com/news/district-of-columbia-fails-to-disbar-anti-trump-fbi-lawyer-despite-guilty-plea/article_e174ae7d-34f6-5bf0-a77d-9189b45e0acf.html

As the U.S. government seeks prison time for a former FBI lawyer who admitted falsifying evidence to spy on a former Trump aide, the District of Columbia Bar association hasn’t begun an investigation to strip him of his law license, records show.

The defendant, Kevin Eugene Clinesmith, is still listed as an “active” attorney in “good standing” with the Democrat-controlled D.C. Bar, despite his having pleaded guilty more than five months ago to illegally altering a document used for authorization to electronically eavesdrop on former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page as part of the FBI’s Russiagate probe.

A search of the D.C. Bar’s Office of Disciplinary Counsel database of "disciplinary proceedings" turns up no such proceedings against Clinesmith, even though his guilty plea was reported to the bar and the bar's board has received at least one formal complaint demanding his disbarment.

they are making him write russians are our friends on a chalk board one million times instead.

Typical Washington Whitewash.  This is not a lapse in Judgement it was an intentional act, The Judge is probably a Democratic donor who did not mention in his sentencing the damage it did to Page. By the way this was not the only thing done to Page there were instances of evidence that would have helped Page that was not in the papers sent to get the FISA warrant and this Judge knew that then made the statement the warrant might have been signed anyway. 

Archived