White Out tailgate Invitation

Stneumann83

On 8/18/2021 at 10:30 PM, Stneumann83 said:

Wanted to drop in here and welcome any Auburn fan a place to tailgate for the White Out game. We have a crew of about 15-20 for each home game tailgate. We are very excited to see an SEC team, especially Auburn, make the trek up to Happy Valley and would love to show some great Central Pennsylvania hospitality!!!  Praying for great weather And an outstanding atmosphere. If anyone would like to join in please email me at semoore83@gmail.com so we can plan accordingly. Wish you all the best of luck and safe travels. 

Shawn. 

Hospitality already!
My husband and I are meeting up with our BFFs from his military days (Penn St fans) who are finally back stateside, and are making this trip our reunion. I seriously haven’t seen one of them in person in over 8 years! 

Please share any “must do’s” while we are there. 

We can’t wait! 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

On 9/12/2021 at 9:19 PM, AidiAU said:

Hospitality already!
My husband and I are meeting up with our BFFs from his military days (Penn St fans) who are finally back stateside, and are making this trip our reunion. I seriously haven’t seen one of them in person in over 8 years! 

Please share any “must do’s” while we are there. 

We can’t wait! 

You have to go to the Creamery on campus for Ice Cream. 

Visit the downtown area, lots of shops, ad great places to eat.

Personally, I love Primanti Brothers...sports bar/restaurant.

Check out the Lion Shrine.

• Thanks 3

On 9/9/2021 at 9:30 PM, constructiontiger said:

Hey Shawn - any tips for parking for the game?

You don't have to park at the lots either if you want to save the parking $$.  You can always park in town and catch the Cata Bus (public bus) that will take you straight to the Stadium for a couple bucks...used to be $2.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Flights are booked! 

Going to fly into D.C. Friday night, and drive up Saturday morning. 

Haven't bought game tickets yet. Hoping prices go down closer to Saturday.

Main concern is lodging for Saturday night. Predictably, no rooms available in State College, so set alerts for every hotel hoping to catch a cancellation late this week. Will likely have to stay in Harrisburg Saturday night, but not looking forward to an hour and a half drive after a late game. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Flights are booked! 

Main concern is lodging for Saturday night. Predictably, no rooms available in State College, so set alerts for every hotel hoping to catch a cancellation late this week. Will likely have to stay in Harrisburg Saturday night, but not looking forward to an hour and a half drive after a late game. 

Try Altoona..you might get lucky and find something there...about a 30 min drive to State College

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Barnacle said:

Flights are booked! 

That’s where we are staying. I will be riding and not driving though. 🙌🏻

5 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Riding? Y'all get a bus or something?

I wish we had a party bus and I would extend an invite. Friends are picking us up. 

Just now, AidiAU said:

I wish we had a party bus and I would extend an invite. Friends are picking us up. 

Ahh. Well lucky you. Would like all three of our group to be able to drink and enjoy ourselves, but right now the odd man out is going to have to stay sober. Really hoping something opens up in State College. 

14 hours ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

I’m surprised at how many Auburn fans are making the trip. Harsin has certainly injected a lot of excitement back into the program 

I think a lot of people also haven't spent money or PTO on vacations in 2 years, lol.

reading this thread reminds me of what college ball should be about. for penn state fans i hope you win every game you play but saturday night. you guys have always been top shelf in my book that i can remember.

29 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Didn't read this so apologies if redundant but possibly a helpful article from a former AU beat writer

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2021/09/expert-visitors-guide-to-penn-state.html

Primanti Bros is my favorite spot.  very unique...it's a must stop imho...same with the creamery...Ben and Jerry learned Ice Cream from PSU...literally...they took a class to learn Ice Cream from PSU and the Creamery.

• Like 1