White Out tailgate Invitation

Stneumann83

Gracious offer. Post often 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Stneumann83 said:

Wanted to drop in here and welcome any Auburn fan a place to tailgate for the White Out game. We have a crew of about 15-20 for each home game tailgate. We are very excited to see an SEC team, especially Auburn, make the trek up to Happy Valley and would love to show some great Central Pennsylvania hospitality!!!  Praying for great weather And an outstanding atmosphere. If anyone would like to join in please email me at semoore83@gmail.com so we can plan accordingly. Wish you all the best of luck and safe travels. 

Shawn. 

I’ll be making the trip up to PSU by myself! I’ll be looking forward to it! 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Stneumann83 said:

Wanted to drop in here and welcome any Auburn fan a place to tailgate for the White Out game. We have a crew of about 15-20 for each home game tailgate. We are very excited to see an SEC team, especially Auburn, make the trek up to Happy Valley and would love to show some great Central Pennsylvania hospitality!!!  Praying for great weather And an outstanding atmosphere. If anyone would like to join in please email me at semoore83@gmail.com so we can plan accordingly. Wish you all the best of luck and safe travels. 

Shawn. 

A very kind offer. Way to represent your school!

• Like 5

Good stuff, @Stneumann83 and very much appreciated!  

Couple of questions before I commit, how much Conecuh sausage do you have for each person, and how do you prepare your Boston butt?   Thanks in advance!  😁

Seriously, that is a gracious offer, and one you will see returned if you choose to make the trip to Auburn in 2022.  

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I had to go to a American Nuclear society student conference once and Penn State was the host the year I went. Your post coincide with the many people I met that week. Very kind and very classy.

• Like 3

To echo what  @cole256said, I have been to several games involving PSU and have always noticed that their fans were classy and gracious.  The same can be said about the PA folks with which I have worked. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

This sounds like a trap ... hah! J/K ... looking forward to the game!

A Trap GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

;D

Seriously, I attended a wedding in Bellfonte, PA  - a small town near State College years ago.  It's a nice area. 

Reminded me a lot of northern Alabama.  Nice people.

Edited by homersapien
  • Haha 5

9 hours ago, homersapien said:

A Trap GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

;D

Seriously, I attended a wedding in Bellfonte, PA  - a small town near State College years ago.  It's a nice area. 

Reminded me a lot of northern Alabama.  Nice people.

Where in north Alabama? I live in Athens 

11 hours ago, Stneumann83 said:

Looking forward to seeing you all in Happy Valley!!!!!   Even though Ball State are MAC champs, I'm at the very least peaking past them to get to Auburn.  Penn State was able to squeak by Wisky  without showing too much.  Hoping this weekend will be a nice tune up for next week's game. 

In other news, it will be a huge honor to have you all here for our first Whiteout in nearly two years.  Two TOP 25 teams under the lights..... God I love it. Once again, if any of your are making the trip to PSU, our tailgating crew would love to have you.  I have spoken to some of you via email and Facebook and wanted to let you know we have room for more.  You'll be well fed and liquored up....  If you'd like to join you can email me at semoore83@gmail.com  

Stay Healthy This Week!!!!!

God Bless

We Are....

Hey Shawn - any tips for parking for the game?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, constructiontiger said:

Hey Shawn - any tips for parking for the game?

Yes sir.  Parking is expensive $60.00 and on game day can be difficult if you don't have a parking pass.  A large portion of the parking is literally in cow pastures.  If you can manage to get parking passes ahead of time that works best.  Each parking lot has a number.  You can only enter into that parking area from a specific direction.  I will attach a picture below so you can see what I'm talking about.  They are expecting about 110,000 in the stadium for the game so the parking situation should be at its max however with the game being late, people trickle in throughout the day so getting in is not the problem as much as leaving will be.  Hope this helps.  I recommend checking out the links below.

https://gopsusports.com/sports/2020/7/30/football-game-day-home.aspx

https://gopsusports.com/documents/2020/5/7/2020_Stadium_Parking_Map_2020_Final.pdf

• Like 4

Been to the area twice this year with work and the rolling hills and farmland are magazine quality. I swear the farmers ensure their silos, barns, crops, are picture ready at any time. I would imagine the area is amplified when the leaves start to change.

Honestly, central PA is a beautiful part of the world and the locals appear to be very friendly and personable. I have always considered myself to have a rather neutral southern accent vs. those with more of a drawl like in Miss, South Carolina, etc. but they seem to pick up quickly on accents. One elderly lady, at a vegetable stand in front of their HUGE farm, told me "southern" is "music to her ears". I got plenty of "say this..." . Truly friendly people. 

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, AU_Canoe said:

Been to the area twice this year with work and the rolling hills and farmland are magazine quality. I swear the farmers ensure their silos, barns, crops, are picture ready at any time. I would imagine the area is amplified when the leaves start to change.

Honestly, central PA is a beautiful part of the world and the locals appear to be very friendly and personable. I have always considered myself to have a rather neutral southern accent vs. those with more of a drawl like in Miss, South Carolina, etc. but they seem to pick up quickly on accents. One elderly lady, at a vegetable stand in front of their HUGE farm, told me "southern" is "music to her ears". I got plenty of "say this..." . Truly friendly people. 

LOL!  This reminds me of when my sister was visiting NY city.  She has a pronounced southern drawl.  She would draw a crowd to listen to her. "Hey, Joe come over here and listen to this girl talk!"  ;D

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, homersapien said:

LOL!  This reminds me of when my sister was visiting NY city.  She has a pronounced southern drawl.  She would draw a crowd to listen to her. "Hey, Joe come over here and listen to this girl talk!"  ;D

I went to a girlfriends place when she lived in Chicago and the girls loved my southern accent. Kept asking me to say yawl. 😝 ya’ll in English 

On 9/9/2021 at 9:23 AM, Stneumann83 said:

Looking forward to seeing you all in Happy Valley!!!!!   Even though Ball State are MAC champs, I'm at the very least peaking past them to get to Auburn.  Penn State was able to squeak by Wisky  without showing too much.  Hoping this weekend will be a nice tune up for next week's game. 

In other news, it will be a huge honor to have you all here for our first Whiteout in nearly two years.  Two TOP 25 teams under the lights..... God I love it. Once again, if any of your are making the trip to PSU, our tailgating crew would love to have you.  I have spoken to some of you via email and Facebook and wanted to let you know we have room for more.  You'll be well fed and liquored up....  If you'd like to join you can email me at semoore83@gmail.com  

Stay Healthy This Week!!!!!

God Bless

We Are....

That music was money. I love our home games but when they start that #$#@#$ %^&$%#@ Living on a Prayer and Sweet Caroline I want to puke.

• Like 2

On 8/18/2021 at 9:30 PM, Stneumann83 said:

Shawn. 

My son (22 yo) and I are making this bucket list trip!  Thanks for representing so well the start to an exciting week!

• Like 3

On 8/18/2021 at 9:30 PM, Stneumann83 said:

Shawn. 

Be careful what you wish for! We are coming up with a group of 9 Thursday. One bit of info I need is where we can find Penn State's best Bloody Mary on Saturday?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1