Possible LSU starter arrested

SouthLink02

According to WAFB television in Baton Rouge, Pittman was charged with second-degree battery after he admitted to punching a man in the face.

Pittman (6-4, 258) who originally signed with the University of Texas after prepping at Evangel Christian Academy in Shreveport was an outstanding performer for the Tigers this spring after sitting out the 2004 season due to NCAA transfer rules. He is considered to be a possible starter going into fall camp.

In court documents, Pittman claimed that he was coming to the aid of a female friend who alleged she had been groped by the injured. He was quoted in the documents as saying that the assailed, "got what he deserved after groping the woman."

Pittman also denied kicking the victim while he was down and unconscious. The assailed was hospitalized with a swollen eye and was complaining of abdominal pain.

http://lsu.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=431379

Very stupid on Pittman's part. A bar fight is a no win situation any way you look at it. It will be really ugly if the allegations about Pittman punching the guy, then kicking him while he is on the ground is true. Even if the guy did "grope" the girl, it still was very very stupid for Pittman to punch the guy.

There are a lot of people that are waiting to see what Miles does. Interestingly enough, if the girl presses charges, the "groper" and Pittman could both be charged with the same thing.

The official newspaper release:

From another message board (BTW Speedy is a Baton Rouge city cop)

http://tigersmack.com/forums/index.php?topic=2114.0

Well, here are a few things tthat should clear up some people's opinion about what Chase did was admirable.

#1 - Pittman's relationship with the girl has been assumed completely wrong.  Pittman knew the girl that was allegedly groped so well, that he did not know her name.  He stated that he had only seen her around prior to the incident.  She was NOT his girlfriend and he could not provide the investigating officer with her first or last name, nor any contact info regarding her identity.

#2 - Pittman sought the guy out and confronted him outside of the bar.  He never saw the groping and he took the word of a complete stranger as to what happened.

#3 - After knocking the guy out, witnesses stated that Pittman kicked the victim more than once while he laid on the ground.

The reason that Pittman was charged with the felony count of 2nd degree Battery instead of the misdemeanor count of Simple Battery, is because he inflicted "serious bodily injury" to the victim.  Louisiana law defines "serious bodily injury" as a injury which involves "unconsciousness, extreme physical pain or protracted and obvious disfigurement".

Also the guy that Pittman punched, was all of 5'9" tall and weighed about 175lbs

So it doesn't look good for Mr Pittman.

Thank you supatigah for actually telling it how it was and not just covering it up and acting like it's not a big deal like all the people at tigerforums are doing. :thumbsup:

Congratulations, you beat up someone half your size!  :thumbsup:

Idiot...

167886[/snapback]

You are calling someone an idiot and you don't even know the whole story, do I, no, but what has been learned so far is that Chase DID NOT throw the first punch, all he did was confront the guy and the other guy threw the first punch. Also I guess no one has ever seen at a bar someone smaller than the guy he confronting throw a punch first cause he thinks he's 10 feet tall and bullet proof!

And all these so-called witnesses are turning out to be rent-a-friends or frat brothers that are claiming that Chase kicked him while he was down. Still waiting for all this to clear up.

And so what he didn't know this girl personally, I guess no one has ever helped someone that you barely knew or complete stranger that came running up to you for help in one way or the other?

And yes I do know the cop whose post was posted on here, its Speedy and he post s all the time on the board that I frequent at tigerdroppings.com and Speedy is pretty reliable but everything about the situation was not posted by him on here cause at the time not all the info had been learned at many things about this is still coming out and clearing up.

So lets wait and see a few days from now when everything about this situation comes out and the dust settles.

And if after the dust settles and it is true that that Chase kicked him after he was down I think he would need to be disciplined on that but still the other guy did throw the first punch and anyone has the right to defend themselves no matter what the size of the other guy is.

:lsu: 2003 National Champions

I don't want to pass judgements on this one way or the other without truely knowing exactly what happened. But if some drunk ***hole was groping a woman in front of me (against her wishes of course) I might get involved as well. Maybe it's just me, but I was raised not to tolerate stuff like that, nor do I find it acceptable at all. If it's true that the "groper" threw the first punch, then Pittman should be thanked for his service to the community and released, and the groper got what he had coming (to include the "boot salute"). But if Pittman didn't see it first hand, or if he threw the first punch than he probably over-reacted. But, as I said, there's just not enough facts to draw a conclusion.

Defending a woman? Fine with

Beating someone when they are unconcious? Yea, I do

Not that he did hit someone while they are unconcious but IF HE DID

According to WAFB television in Baton Rouge, Pittman was charged with second-degree battery after he admitted to punching a man in the face.

Pittman (6-4, 258) who originally signed with the University of Texas after prepping at Evangel Christian Academy in Shreveport was an outstanding performer for the Tigers this spring after sitting out the 2004 season due to NCAA transfer rules. He is considered to be a possible starter going into fall camp.

In court documents, Pittman claimed that he was coming to the aid of a female friend who alleged she had been groped by the injured. He was quoted in the documents as saying that the assailed, "got what he deserved after groping the woman."

Pittman also denied kicking the victim while he was down and unconscious. The assailed was hospitalized with a swollen eye and was complaining of abdominal pain.

http://lsu.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=431379

167765[/snapback]

the trend continues around the :sec::no:

Geez, I thought the punishment for unauthorized gropin' was a slap 'side the head!

I may never grope again! ~hate that deterent effect!~

BTW, my quarter says the guy he hit and kicked was much smaller than him. Further I would opine that he took action so he could befriend the victim to the point of doin' some major permissive gropin' of his own. Mmmm, has he been checked for lyme's disease? *grin*

I would opine that he took action so he could befriend the victim to the point of doin' some major permissive gropin' of his own.  Mmmm, has he been checked for lyme's disease?  *grin*

168185[/snapback]

That is a very plausible theory! You could very well be on to something there Legal!

This will likely end up the same way that the Marcus Spears deal did last year and it was Spears hitting the woman in that case.................case dismissed.

Here is what happened. Pittman hit the wrong guy. And he kicked him too. Yes, It was over a girl, but once again he hit the wong guy. That is abuot it. It was a barroom fight at 2 a.m. By that time of night just about everyone there is usually had to much to drink.

As far as Miles goes. Pittmann is suspended. Miles said that he is going to see how the legal side turns out. It sounds like he is going to miss at least one game maybe more.

Well I'm just glad we got that cleared up...I could hardly sleep last night.  :rolleyes:

168387[/snapback]

:lol::lol::roflol:

This will likely end up the same way that the Marcus Spears deal did last year and it was Spears hitting the woman in that case.................case dismissed.

168375[/snapback]

Uhmm, no it wasn't Spears. It was Melvin Oliver and it was a situation where an ex girlfriend was pissed and called the cops to "teach him a lesson." Nobody but the two involved really knows what happened becuase there were no witnesses.

Pittman's case is different because it happened in front of a crowd of people. I think Miles did the right thing by suspending him, and allowing the legal system to sort it out.

168375[/snapback]

Uhmm, no it wasn't Spears. It was Melvin Oliver and it was a situation where an ex girlfriend was pissed and called the cops to "teach him a lesson." Nobody but the two involved really knows what happened becuase there were no witnesses.

Pittman's case is different because it happened in front of a crowd of people. I think Miles did the right thing by suspending him, and allowing the legal system to sort it out.

168397[/snapback]

Ah so. Thanks for correcting my mistaken identity.

168375[/snapback]

168397[/snapback]

Ah so. Thanks for correcting my mistaken identity.

168409[/snapback]

ahhhh, no problemo. Spears is one of the All-time class Tigers. Oliver has a long way to go to be mistaken for Marcus Spears on and off the field. :cheers:

Archived