Tenn vs Purdue - Music City Bowl

SRBautigerfan

UT's offense looks wickedly effective when their QB is throwing on the money.  Typical gimmicky hurry-up air-raid style offense.  Unfortunately for UT their QB has looked wildly inaccurate so sometimes they just hurry up and punt the ball back. 

1 minute ago, SRBautigerfan said:

Yep, he was never down and got the ball across.  The only thing I can see them claim is his forward progress had stopped.  

They claimed that but the replay showed him moving forward up to and through his getting the ball across the line.

7 hours ago, SRBautigerfan said:

UT's offense looks wickedly effective when their QB is throwing on the money.  Typical gimmicky hurry up... 

Personally I don't view it as gimmicky. To me it's like a more evolved version of Bobby petrinos offense. Honestly Josh heupel has done a phenomenal job year one at UT especially given how uncertain of a hire he was and really didn't come in with much wind behind the sails. Ive watched them rush the ball for big #'s and throw for big #'s.. Guy seems like a legit coach for them and it's about time. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Personally I don't view it as gimmicky. To me it's like a more evolved version of Bobby petrinos offense. Honestly Josh heupel has done a phenomenal job year one at UT especially given how uncertain of a hire he was and really didn't come in with much wind behind the sails. Ive watched them rush the ball for big #'s and throw for big #'s.. Guy seems like a legit coach for them and it's about time. 

I agree. Coach Heupel had very,very little to work with after the Jeremy Pruitt disaster.that almost killed Vols football.  I think Heupel's a talented coach, and he may be the guy who can resurrect the football program if TN will give him about 5 years to do it. TN was competitive tonight and that in itself is a big improvement. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

I think you’re taking the “gimmicky” the wrong way and I should use a different word to describe it.  I agree that Heupel has did a great job and his offense is effective… when his QB is accurate.  The gimmicky part is the hurryUp that is predicated on catching the defense in a disadvantaged personnel group, prevent them from subbing out and get them fatigued rapidly.  I think Kiffen has shown everyone how to limit its effectiveness and I don’t blame him either.

• Like 1