Matt Luke Resigning from Georgia

MaxCohen216

https://www.yahoo.com/news/georgia-offensive-line-coach-matt-210544490.html

Georgia offensive line coach Matt Luke to resign after two seasons in Athens

Georgia offensive line and associate head coach Matt Luke is expected to resign after two seasons on the Bulldogs' staff. UGASports.com was first to report that Luke is stepping down.

Luke, 45, joined Kirby Smart's staff ahead of the 2020 season after spending eight seasons as head coach at Mississippi, the last three as head coach. During his time in Athens, Luke has been a prime recruiter at the OL position and the offense as a whole.

In 2021, left tackle Jamaree Salyer and left guard Justin Shaffer were named to the All-SEC second team. Luke also coached first team All-SEC tackle Ben Cleveland in 2020.

Georgia signed 14 offensive linemen while Luke was on staff, including five-stars Broderick Jones and Amarius Mims. Four linemen signed with the Bulldogs in the most recent recruiting class: four-star Earnest Greene, four-star Aliou Bah, three-star Jacob Hood and three-star Griffin Scroggs.

Georgia currently has two offensive line commits in the 2023 recruiting class in four-star offensive tackle Bo Hughley and three-star IOL RyQueze McElderry.

This is the fourth on-field assistant to leave the program, joining defensive backs coach Jahmile Addae, wide receivers coach Cortez Hankton and defensive coordinator Dan Lanning.

More to come as the story develops.

Edited by MaxCohen216
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, MaxCohen216 said:

This is the fourth on-field assistant to leave the program, joining defensive backs coach Jahmile Addae, wide receivers coach Cortez Hankton and defensive coordinator Dan Lanning.

Are they melting down like us yet?

I wonder what's up with this.  He's only 45 years old and all the jobs are already filled for next season.  And he was doing so well at Georgia.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MaxCohen216 said:

I wonder what's up with this.  He's only 45 years old and all the jobs are already filled for next season.  And he was doing so well at Georgia.

Auburn suddenly has an upcoming OL opening... 

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Auburn suddenly has an upcoming OL opening... 

I wish.  Luke is a great coach and recruiter.  But we couldn't be that lucky, could we?

• Like 1

So now the word, from Kirby Smart, is that Luke "just wants to spend more time with his family".

Personally, I don't believe that.

Edited by MaxCohen216

37 minutes ago, MaxCohen216 said:

I wish.  Luke is a great coach and recruiter.  But we couldn't be that lucky, could we?

As of right now we have no reason to give Harsin any benefit of the doubt.

For all the turnover Harsin must really like Friend to keep him around.  I think most thought Friend would follow Bobo out the door.  I really wanted Gus to land Luke after Ole Miss canned him.  If there is more to the story I’m sure it’ll come out soon.

On 2/22/2022 at 9:56 AM, Randman5000 said:

Investigation! Investigation

This is what I am thinking. That young and so good at what he does and he steps away.. Although, nowadays I don't think anyone should be afraid of the NCAA. They have no teeth, the head person in charge is incompetent, and they never really get around to doing anything about rule breakers in the first place, i.e. Louisville Basketball. 

16 minutes ago, bootskii said:

This is what I am thinking. That young and so good at what he does and he steps away.. Although, nowadays I don't think anyone should be afraid of the NCAA. They have no teeth, the head person in charge is incompetent, and they never really get around to doing anything about rule breakers in the first place, i.e. Louisville Basketball. 

I was being alittle sarcastic but he seems like a straight up guy. Players liked him at Ole Miss. I bet he got tired of working for Smart. And that's okay.. if so.