What is Stanley McClover

PChamp119

Is the kid a junior or sophomore. I kept hearing he was a Redshirt Freshman last year but on all the TV games he was a sophomore. Now Auburntigers.com says he is a junior (one of 11 pre-season ALL SEC). Maybe I totally missed something and he was never a redshirt (but I thought he was like Freshman-All American or something?) freshman last year, but can someone clarify this. Thanks

wow, for a second, after reading the title, I was thinking this was one of those "animal, rock, or mineral" questions..... or mebbe, "solid, gas, or liquid" questions.

So I'm just going to say he's an animal and he's a gas :big:

McClover is an '03 signee. I think he redshirted the '03 season. He was a redshirt freshman this past season, so wouldn't that make him a junior now?

sophomore

Is the kid a junior or sophomore. I kept hearing he was a Redshirt Freshman last year but on all the TV games he was a sophomore. Now Auburntigers.com says he is a junior (one of 11 pre-season ALL SEC). Maybe I totally missed something and he was never a redshirt (but I thought he was like Freshman-All American or something?) freshman last year, but can someone clarify this. Thanks

169636[/snapback]

McClover is an '03 signee.  I think he redshirted the '03 season.  He was a redshirt freshman this past season, so wouldn't that make him a junior now?

169647[/snapback]

Stanley was a partial qualifier (cough...screwed by the clearinghouse...cough), I believe. Last year was technically his sophomore season, but he can petition for an extra year of eligibility by showing satisfactory academic progress.

Looks like the SEC coaches recognize him as a junior.

AuburnTigers.com says he's a sophomore...so he must be a sophomore.  :P   I wonder if he's a junior academically?

169656[/snapback]

This is my impression, though it could be wrong. I thought this fall will be his third year of classes, but only his second year of playing time.

I believe hes a junior because of something with him and his transfer (something academically). He may be able to declare for another year though.....

This will be his third year at AU and 2nd year playing. I think it is a non point because this is going to be the guy that goes early. If he has the kind of year that he is capable of, I believe he will delcare and leave early.

This will be his third year at AU and 2nd year playing. I think it is a non point because this is going to be the guy that goes early. If he has the kind of year that he is capable of, I believe he will delcare and leave early.

169677[/snapback]

A real possibility, but maybe CTT can work his "stick around for another year" magic one more time-with both Stanley and Courtney Taylor!

Before it is over, he and Q Groves are going to be predators or destroyers of offences......mark it down!!

Looks like the SEC coaches recognize him as a junior.

They WISH! :roflol:

Archived