Meet the New Tigers: 3* WR Camden Brown

Zeek

The guy he reminds me of is Sammie Coates. Hopefully he'll be a little more consistent than Sammie was, but I'd take a Coates-level impact from Brown, I'd say, considering he played in the League for at least a few years. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rednilla said:

The guy he reminds me of is Sammie Coates. Hopefully he'll be a little more consistent than Sammie was, but I'd take a Coates-level impact from Brown, I'd say, considering he played in the League for at least a few years. 

I'd take Sammy Coates level impact from Brown in a heartbeat. I trashed Sammie's 'stone hands' on east routes at times like the rest of us, but he was an elite big play receiver for Auburn. Probably one of the best we've had. In fact, I argue part of Jeremy Johnson's downfall/regression in 2015 was the loss of Coates and his ability/threat to take the top off the defense. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, twilli13 said:

I'd take Sammy Coates level impact from Brown in a heartbeat. I trashed Sammie's 'stone hands' on east routes at times like the rest of us, but he was an elite big play receiver for Auburn. Probably one of the best we've had. In fact, I argue part of Jeremy Johnson's downfall/regression in 2015 was the loss of Coates and his ability/threat to take the top off the defense. 

That argument is certainly there to be made, and it was almost assuredly at least part of it.

1 hour ago, AUatHeart said:

Brown is the WR from this class that I think is going to end up being a big time player.  IDK why, I just have a feeling.

I had that same feeling with Sammie. I was a little discouraged that he was only a 3 star, but I looked at the height paired with the speed and saw paydirt. 

I don't want to put quite those kinds of expectations on Camden, because Sammie legit turned into one of our best receivers of all time (maybe even third behind Beasley and Frank Sanders), but he has the same qualities that made me like Coates.

• Like 1

Other than both of them being tall and having dreads, I don’t see many similarities between Brown and Sammie. Brown looks more like a possession receiver. Sammie took the top off the defense. In his highlights Brown was used going deep but I don’t think he’ll be used much like that at Auburn 

Edited by Sizzle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Has the size and toughness we need in a possession receiver but has track speed opening up other possibilities. I expect him to help Auburn down the road but from all I have read about how much time it takes to learn the WR position in this offense I don't expect him to have an impact this year.  I think this year we will have to rely on the WR's who have had a year of experience under this system and we need to pray they have the talent but needed the year learning to allow them to blossom.  Also need one of the QB's to step up and throw both an accurate ball and to throw the ball at the right time. Some of the times last year when I would re-watch games I saw receivers open but by the time the ball was thrown the defenders had enough time to get back in position or the receiver had entered an area of the zone where there was a defender.