Ronnie Brown

WAR EAGLE!!!

Anybody have any inside scoop on why he is holdong out of camp? I know he has not signed yet but does he want more money or just being cautious?

I can't find any information on him.

Anybody have any inside scoop on why he is holdong out of camp? I know he has not signed yet but does he want more money or just being cautious?

170422[/snapback]

I think his agent is advising him to hold out because his deal isn't done yet and won't be until Alex Smith's deal with SF is done. That will give them the ballpark for how big Ronnie's deal should be, but if Ronnie were to get injured before a deal was inked, it would definitely adversely affect his contract, particularly the guaranteed portion (usually just the signing bonus).

170422[/snapback]

I think his agent is advising him to hold out because his deal isn't done yet and won't be until Alex Smith's deal with SF is done. That will give them the ballpark for how big Ronnie's deal should be, but if Ronnie were to get injured before a deal was inked, it would definitely adversely affect his contract, particularly the guaranteed portion (usually just the signing bonus).

170423[/snapback]

That's what an article in yesterday's Huntsville Times said.

Yeah, this looks pretty standard guys....however, I'd be pissed too if I was ONLY getting $17million instead of $18million. :rolleyes:

Most guys don't like to sign deals until the #1 pick signs.

Alex Smith taking so long has held up a lot of the 1st rounders.

Saw him in Hooters last Tuesday afternoon while I was on the Plains for business. Didn't want to bother him, but I was tempted to ask if the orange mark on the front of his shirt was wing sauce, or did he run over Jason Allen again?

Alex Smith is a done deal. Ronnie should be signing his contract any day now.

Also, what's the word on Ricky Williams? Is he really going to take playing time from Ronnie? I hear that Williams is down to 210 or so...that's relatively light for an NFL RB, no?

Ricky still has to sit out 4 games before he is eligible...which will give Ronnie 1/4 of the season to be the main back.

I imagine they'll give Ricky some playing time when he gets back, and how much will depend on Ronnie's performance in the first four games.

Ricky is a big unknown right now because of how good he used to be, if he comes into the games feeling fit again, he could be the starter again. I love Ronnie and imo he is the back of the future for the dolphins, but don't forget Ricky was one of the best RB's in the NFL his last year or two.

The Dolphins and Nick Saban have made a commitment to Ronnie Brown. Many people, as well as myself, believe that the Phins are trying to boost Williams' imagine for some trade value down the road. I wouldn't be surprised to see Ronnie come out and open the season up well, which will get the support of the veterans on that team; veterans that aren't behind Ricky. This could still turn out to be very beneficial to Ronnie.

I really don't have a clue, but saban seems like a straight up guy to me and the word is that he and williams like each other. Williams big beef was being overused and the toll it was taking on him. If RB stays healthy, and RW comes along I think they'll both get some good reps. It could be the best of both worlds for the dolphins.

If RW comes in and gives it his all I think most of the team will be okay with him.

If they both really perform well though the dolphins may not be able to afford both of them for the long run.

Not that RB ever griped about not being the starter, but you have to think it wouldn't sit well if he had to backup and another Williams. I hope Ricky does well and gets his life straight but not at RB's expense.

Carnell is unsigned too...

170438[/snapback]

The Bucs are trying to clear cap room for Carnell.

170441[/snapback]

Raven,

Do you know if Brown and Williams have the same agent?

TIA

Not that RB ever griped about not being the starter, but you have to think it wouldn't sit well if he had to backup and another Williams.  I hope Ricky does well and gets his life straight but not at RB's expense.

170636[/snapback]

Maybe it'll work out as well as he and carnell did with Brown outdoing him a little. I can't help but think this could help RB more than hurt him.

Raven,

TIA

170726[/snapback]

I don't think they do, I thought there was an ESPN article on Carnell's agent, and Carnell was his highest draft choice.

170438[/snapback]

170441[/snapback]

Raven,

TIA

170726[/snapback]

No stat...if I remember correctly on draft day...Carnell went with a high profile agent out of somewhere like NY. RB went with a "local" guy...I think out of Atlanta or somewhere close.

170438[/snapback]

170441[/snapback]

Raven,

TIA

170726[/snapback]

Don't know. Hopefully both will sign now that Smith has inked his contract. :cheer:

170438[/snapback]

170441[/snapback]

Raven,

TIA

170726[/snapback]

Ronnie Brown's agent is Todd France.

Carnell's agent is ???

170438[/snapback]

170441[/snapback]

Raven,

TIA

170726[/snapback]

Ronnie Brown's agent is Todd France.

Carnell's agent is ???

170991[/snapback]

...Ben Dorga

the word is that he and williams like each other.

1. Saban doesn't like anybody.

2. If he did somehow get confused and begin to feel human emotion, it wouldn't be for Ricky. Saban is oldschool, no excuses, no touchy-feely, hard-ass. Ricky is tender and explores his feelings. The two couldn't be more opposite.

The Dolphins are Saban's now and RW is Dolphins' property. If Saban can make RW a productive football player again it's all the better for the Dolphins. What's good for the Dolphins is good for Saban.

Archived