Auburn Drive By

chuck

Word is they already have a suspect in mind, i.e. Ben knew them, like others said probably a girl. Expect arrest soon

I hate to hear this for so many reasons... I hate it for Ben and I hate to ever hear of violent crime in Auburn.... it's something I have never even thought about before and hope that I don't have to start thinking about.

Man if you only knew half the stuff in Auburn that goes on and is covered up you would crap yourself. The police department is very good about keeping a tight lip on things that go on around here as not to alarm future students parents and keep them from attending school here. Between the murder last friday, BO being shot at and a spree of breakins that has been going around here lately noone is safe. I have recently aquired a firearm and feel unsafe coming and going from my apartment at night.....

I hate to hear this for so many reasons... I hate it for Ben and I hate to ever hear of violent crime in Auburn.... it's something I have never even thought about before and hope that I don't have to start thinking about.

Man if you only knew half the stuff in Auburn that goes on and is covered up you would crap yourself. The police department is very good about keeping a tight lip on things that go on around here as not to alarm future students parents and keep them from attending school here. Between the murder last friday, BO being shot at and a spree of breakins that has been going around here lately noone is safe. I have recently aquired a firearm and feel unsafe coming and going from my apartment at night.....

171208[/snapback]

I heard about the murder Sunday night. What a shame. I knew the guy, not real well, but enough to know he was a good person. His store had been robbed before. I thought he had retired already. I also heard about all the break-ins and robberies from the same friends who live in Auburn. Are these being reported in the papers or not?

171208[/snapback]

I heard about the murder Sunday night. What a shame. I knew the guy, not real well, but enough to know he was a good person. His store had been robbed before. I thought he had retired already. I also heard about all the break-ins and robberies from the same friends who live in Auburn. Are these being reported in the papers or not?

171211[/snapback]

nope not being reported at all... i know about the break ins b/c i was a victim and several of my other friends in my apartment complex have been victims.....

I have recently aquired a firearm and feel unsafe coming and going from my apartment at night.....

171208[/snapback]

Where were you last Thursday night??? :poke:

I was glad to see that they pointed out some of the positive things about Ben O. (already graduated, 3.6 GPA) in the article.  I hope this was an isolated event that doesn't get blown out of proportion before the facts are known.

170849[/snapback]

Also president of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes, according to the article. He certainly doesn't sound like the type of guy that could be anything but an innocent victim, to me.

Wonder how many of our opponent's boards will chew him up and spit him out before they even read the article, however. You know some of them are dying to hear some dirt on us since we're one of the few major players in the conference to NOT have significant disciplinary problems--thanks again to the character of CTT, his staff, & Chette Williams.

170912[/snapback]

Ummm... Most people hold off the dogs until someone's arrested or kicked off the team. As it stands, he was shot at and an investigation is pending. Innocent until proven guilty.

171032[/snapback]

Oh, I certainly agree that MOST people are sensible and don't jump to conclusions. And most of us believe in "innocent until proven guilty".

But, sadly, there are going to be some who only see a headline like "Auburn player involved in drive-by shooting" and will jump to the conclusion that it must have happened because he's involved with gangs, crimes, or other unsavory behavior, regardless of which end of the bullet's path he was near.

I was glad to see that they pointed out some of the positive things about Ben O. (already graduated, 3.6 GPA) in the article.  I hope this was an isolated event that doesn't get blown out of proportion before the facts are known.

170849[/snapback]

Also president of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes, according to the article. He certainly doesn't sound like the type of guy that could be anything but an innocent victim, to me.

Wonder how many of our opponent's boards will chew him up and spit him out before they even read the article, however. You know some of them are dying to hear some dirt on us since we're one of the few major players in the conference to NOT have significant disciplinary problems--thanks again to the character of CTT, his staff, & Chette Williams.

170912[/snapback]

Ummm... Most people hold off the dogs until someone's arrested or kicked off the team. As it stands, he was shot at and an investigation is pending. Innocent until proven guilty.

171032[/snapback]

Oh, I certainly agree that MOST people are sensible and don't jump to conclusions. And most of us believe in "innocent until proven guilty".

But, sadly, there are going to be some who only see a headline like "Auburn player involved in drive-by shooting" and will jump to the conclusion that it must have happened because he's involved with gangs, crimes, or other unsavory behavior, regardless of which end of the bullet's path he was near.

171228[/snapback]

Then there are those who believe OJ is innicent too. ;) Too bad people can't be sensible.

OJ is guilty? Who knew! (I bet old Phil Fulmer had something to do with it!) :lol:

Hey folks................... Don't let a couple of "IDIOTS" keep your spirit low in the Village.

Auburn IS THE GREATEST PLACE ON EARTH!!!!!!!!

Heck, try living near a place like Greenville, SC or Cootville (Columbia) S.C.

Not only do you have to watch your back, but your "running backs" as well..AKA USuCk football players.

:big:

Archived