Auburn Drive By

chuck

Apparently an Auburn Football player was involved in a driveby shooting tonight on Donahue. The player was not the shooter, nor was the player harmed. That's all I know right now, the Montgomery Adviser should be breaking the news tomorrow morning.

Obomanu target of shooting

Hmm...wonder if it was closer to campus or more north, toward the rougher neighborhood. Either case, not the best of news.

Oh man, this is horrible. We can only hope that no one was serriously harmed and that the player was not an accomplice to this horrible crime. :no: Very sad.

"Too Many Connections" error on theplainsman message board.

Edit:

Finally got through. Nothing there on it, nothing on Google News, Al.com, OANOW, or anywhere I look.

"Too Many Connections" error on theplainsman message board.

Edit:

Finally got through. Nothing there on it, nothing on Google News, Al.com, OANOW, or anywhere I look.

170781[/snapback]

Gosh Chuck, with Tre going down for a bit, please be wrong for once in your life. Do Lorenzo Diamond or his girlfriend still live in Auburn? Lord, please no.

btw, where is this info coming from?

170783[/snapback]

Auburn Sports.com

The player was shot at, he is the victim. He is unhurt as of now. Looking for suspect.

Mmmm. . . something "fishy" going on?

It appears that BO may have known the attacker.

He waited until the following day to mention to the cops that he'd been shot at.

Curiously, CTT is saying, "We have confidence that the Auburn PD will apprehend the suspect and the Lee Co. DA will see to it that he is prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law."

Is the cause of the fishiness a 1) Big-mouth bass, 2) Shellcracker or 3) Pond sucker? You make the call!

This seems bizarre to me.

Who the hell would ever shoot at Ben? He is probably the best person on that team. By that I mean, best person (not best player). I have met the guy at a few FCA meetings and think the world of the guy.

Maybe someone still can't get by that :om: drop...

my guess is that there is a woman involved  . .just a guess

170821[/snapback]

There usually is. I hope they get the punk, and pronto. Ben is my homie from Selma...and I am really PO'd about this...(not that I wouldn't be for any AU player).... What a stupid thing to do....

:au::homer:

Guest Tigrinum Major

I was glad to see that they pointed out some of the positive things about Ben O. (already graduated, 3.6 GPA) in the article. I hope this was an isolated event that doesn't get blown out of proportion before the facts are known.

I hate to hear this for so many reasons... I hate it for Ben and I hate to ever hear of violent crime in Auburn.... it's something I have never even thought about before and hope that I don't have to start thinking about.

From everything I have ever read or heard, Ben O. is a very classy-level headed man. I hope this thing is settled in a hurry. He deserves to have a great Senior Season. :au:

I was glad to see that they pointed out some of the positive things about Ben O. (already graduated, 3.6 GPA) in the article.  I hope this was an isolated event that doesn't get blown out of proportion before the facts are known.

170849[/snapback]

Also president of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes, according to the article. He certainly doesn't sound like the type of guy that could be anything but an innocent victim, to me.

Wonder how many of our opponent's boards will chew him up and spit him out before they even read the article, however. You know some of them are dying to hear some dirt on us since we're one of the few major players in the conference to NOT have significant disciplinary problems--thanks again to the character of CTT, his staff, & Chette Williams.

Ben has made a remarkable comback - how many 19-year-old's wouldn't be effective at all after the '03 Ole Miss game, and to come back with the resilence <sp> Ben's showed over the last 20+ months is incredible.

how many of our opponent's boards will chew him up and spit him out before they even read the article, however.  You know some of them are dying to hear some dirt on us since we're one of the few major players in the conference to NOT have significant disciplinary problems--thanks again to the character of CTT, his staff, & Chette Williams.

170912[/snapback]

As long as he chews up and spits out their teams, I'll be happy :)

I was glad to see that they pointed out some of the positive things about Ben O. (already graduated, 3.6 GPA) in the article.  I hope this was an isolated event that doesn't get blown out of proportion before the facts are known.

170849[/snapback]

Also president of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes, according to the article. He certainly doesn't sound like the type of guy that could be anything but an innocent victim, to me.

Wonder how many of our opponent's boards will chew him up and spit him out before they even read the article, however. You know some of them are dying to hear some dirt on us since we're one of the few major players in the conference to NOT have significant disciplinary problems--thanks again to the character of CTT, his staff, & Chette Williams.

170912[/snapback]

Ummm... Most people hold off the dogs until someone's arrested or kicked off the team. As it stands, he was shot at and an investigation is pending. Innocent until proven guilty.

Ben is my homie from Selma too!

He and his parents are great people-I hope this guy (the shooter) is dealt with

I have received word from teachers at Opelika High School, speaking on condition of anonymity, that the shooter is a student at Opelika High School, upset of a relationship between his girlfriend and Obomanu.

Strange but true. And sad. C'mon Ben, if this is the truth, you can do better.

I lived in Selma from 1987-1989. Do I know some of you folks? I was real big with the jaycees down there.

Archived