OL Comparison

StatTiger

Just looking at the overall rushing numbers and sacks allowed, here is how Auburn stacks up against the better SEC programs over the past three years.

Rushing:

LSU: 7486yds-1657-63tds / 4.52 avg

AUB: 7423yds-1657-91tds / 4.48 avg

TEN: 6175yds-1500-56tds / 4.12 avg

UGA: 5725yds-1561-56tds / 3.67 avg

FLA: 5539yds-1334-61tds / 4.15 avg

Sacks allowed:

FLA: 70 / 1330 att / 19.0 avg

LSU: 71 / 1045 att / 14.7 avg

AUB: 65 / 930 att / 14.3 avg

TEN: 89 / 1154 att / 12.9 avg

UGA: 99 / 1102 att / 11.1 avg

I posted this on ITAT mainly in defense of Hugh Nall and some of the posters who consider him a poor OL coach.

Thoughts? :au::football::cheer:

Hugh Nall is a good OL coach. Hugh Nall is a BAD OC. In 02, we had a great line... part of what drove the 03 expectations. I read one publication that had the AU OL as top 5 in the country. However, in 03 the line wasn't near as good because Nall was stretched too thin between coaching and coordinating. In 04, hes back to the OL full time, and we have one of the best lines in the country.

Wow, those are some impressive numbers, and speaks volumes about what a great job our OL has done. All this talk about how this may be our best OL ever is getting me really excited about what kind of numbers we will put up this year! 91 TD is CRAZY! As for Nall, I don't see what those guys problems are. Their parents obviously did not tell them she loved them when they were little and feel the need to take out their anger and pathetic lives out on AU Football. :no: Nall has done an excellent job with the OL in his tenure at Auburn....he was just a joke of an OC.

I too was surprised by the # of TD difference, but not the topic. Nall is very good as a line coach but if he never becomes a OC again it shall be to soon. '03 was a total joke as far as the offense is concerned.

Nall is a great OL Coach. He had a shot at OC, it just did not work out tho.

2003, 8 quarters and only 3 points to show for it.

Archived