Early Auburn/UAT prediction

Aubie7

Saturday, November 19th - Alabama at Auburn

Hopefully the two teams will be 100% healthy for the annual Iron Bowl. If you want defense, this game will have it with the two likely to be among the top ten nationally. Yes, you can throw out the record books and the analysis when these two play, but it's hard to overlook the talented Tiger receiving corps and the balance the Auburn offense will have. Bama QB Brodie Croyle doesn't have the mobility to overcome the Auburn pass rush.

Predicted score in early August: Auburn 17 ... Alabama 13

Saturday, November 12th - Auburn at Georgia

The two teams will be hoping this is round one of the matchup looking to meet in the SEC title game. They should be relatively even with fast, athletic and strong defenses, and talented offenses that should have all the pieces in place by this point. Auburn has the better receiving weapons, while Georgia has the better ground game with the league's best offensive line controlling the tempo. Call this a home field advantage pick in what should be a typical SEC classic.

Predicted score in early August: Georgia 17 ... Auburn 13

Saturday, November 12th - Auburn at Georgia...

Call this a home field advantage pick in what should be a typical SEC classic.

Home field is usually a disadvantage in this series, at least the past 10-15 years.

...while Georgia has the better ground game with the league's best offensive line controlling the tempo.

172379[/snapback]

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with Georgia's offensive line--they are good--but I have trouble believing their's is any significantly better than ours. And I have trouble believing any offensive line can "control the tempo" against a defense that returns mostly intact after dominating the rush so much of last year. [How many rushing touchdowns did we allow last year? 1? 2?]

Football games are not won in the preseason polls. There's too much football to play in the season before Auburn plays UGA or UA so anything can happen before then.

172403[/snapback]

:thumbsup: You said it! I refuse to even listen to those who make predictions before the first ball is even teed-up.

What a glorious time of year it is. Pre-season camps are gearing up, plans for that opening day road trip are being finalized, and every team has a perfect record as fans dream for the impossible to happen THIS year.

:au:

Does anyone expect Brodie to actually be playing football in November. The only time he has Mark Brown put him in orbit in front of a quickly dwindling Lane Bryant-Denny stadium

did anyone else notice how both games are expected to have the same score? 17-13? let me try..

auburn 17 gtech 13

auburn 17 lsu 13

auburn 17 scarolina 13

auburn 17 the world 13

slink . .what do you think of your bulldogs this year . .

I'm not convinced Shockley can run the offense (not convinced that he can't either) . .

Just interested to hear your expectations . ..

Does anyone expect Brodie to actually be playing football in November.  The only time he has Mark Brown put him in orbit in front of a quickly dwindling Lane Bryant-Denny stadium

172529[/snapback]

Hey...have some respect for Jordan-Hare West! :big:

:au::homer:

slink . .what do you think of your bulldogs this year . .

I'm not convinced Shockley can run the offense (not convinced that he can't either) . .

Just interested to hear your expectations . ..

172687[/snapback]

Depends on which Shockley shows up...one that beat CU in 2002 and played great in 2003?

Or the one who played against UF in 2002....

Right now, I say we go 8-3....maybe 9-2.

I still think our defense is very good and I still think our running game will be quite good.

I predict that ALL NCAA games this year will end up 17-13.... By the way, yesterday I watched the replay of last year's Bamar/Vol game, and the final score was...you guessed it...17-13 :ut: !!! :cheer:

:au::homer:

Archived