Bama gets Pre-Season #3

DKW 86

Bama #3? PennState #4? Southern Cal #8? [Much as I hate the Trojans automatically getting #1 in so many polls, they're certainly better than #8...]

What is this, the Uninformed Clowns Service?

I can't.....I mean I......where did they......who made the........but Penn Sate was.....and Alabama????.......I'm.......I don't know what to say. :blink:

Auburn is not even ranked in that poll, classic! I can see a case being made for UM winning the national championship, but UAT and Penn State finishing in the top five? Please! That looks more like a 1979 poll than a 2005 poll.

Oh well, everyone has their opinion, however misguided it may be. This poll could be an accurate prognosis but I seriously doubt it. I can't wait for the season to start and some games to be played. I'm tired of looking at one poll after another with expert predictions and analysis. These magazines and polls are nothing but a ploy to make mucho dinero. These prognositcators are usually no more accurate than if you or I devised a top 25 poll of our own.

Alex

Auburn is not even ranked in that poll, classic! I can see a case being made for UM winning the national championship, but UAT and Penn State finishing in the top five? Please! That looks more like a 1979 poll than a 2005 poll.

Oh well, everyone has their opinion, however misguided it may be. This poll could be an accurate prognosis but I seriously doubt it. I can't wait for the season to start and some games to be played. I'm tired of looking at one poll after another with expert predictions and analysis. These magazines and polls are nothing but a ploy to make mucho dinero. These prognositcators are usually no more accurate than if you or I devised a top 25 poll of our own.

Alex

172406[/snapback]

Alex, sit back, drink a beer, go to the tailgate.

This is all in fun!!!!!!!!

The funny part is that anyone could even post an idiotic poll like that as a BCS ALTERNATIVE! I dont like the BCS but man, that poll is for real losers! :roflol:

I can't.....I mean I......where did they......who made the........but Penn Sate was.....and Alabama????.......I'm.......I don't know what to say. :blink:

172405[/snapback]

An attorney with nothing to say? :blink:

I have seen and heard it all now! :D:poke:

This was obviously put together by some 16 year old pimply faced math geek who has web page skills. Any "formula" that far off of reality can't be legitimate.

This was obviously put together by some 16 year old pimply faced math geek who has web page skills. Any "formula" that far off of reality can't be legitimate.

172411[/snapback]

Is it just me or does that first sentence sound eerily familiar? :big:;):poke:

This poll does look very far off. Don't get me wrong, I'd love for it to turn out that way, but I don't see it happening.

No way we finish 7-4 adn 4-4 in SEC!!!!

No way those 4 teams finsih undefeated. Penn State will lose at least 3, Bama will lose at least 2 or more, Miami will probably lose to Va Tech or FSU, Oklahoma will lose to Texas (yes believe it not this will happen this year) and maybe even to TExas TEch AND A & M! USC has the best chance of going undefeated b/c of their pansy conference games. I think b/t Notre Dame, Arkansas (my upset pick of the year!! maybe this decade!!) and Arizona St. USC could drop 1.

172411[/snapback]

This poll does look very far off. Don't get me wrong, I'd love for it to turn out that way, but I don't see it happening.

172414[/snapback]

LOL, you beat me to it. :D

I felt like I was sent back about 20 years when I saw this poll. :huh: I had to do a double take on the year.

172411[/snapback]

172414[/snapback]

Yeah but the Opelika kid just set up a fans poll that hsa now turned into an interesting proposition. Who determined or voted in this poll?

Ultimate Computer System -- they're billing themselves as superior to the BCS system. What a pantload. All you need to know about this system is their final rankings for 2004: SC #1 & Utah #2. :lol::lol:

I guess they count "moral victories".

what's funny is that they have Alabama undefeated but apparently not playing in the NC game. according to all the bammers, this could never happen.

Seriously, they are billing themselves as an ultimate computer system with a web page that looks like a geocities page circa 1994? I didn't notice, did they have an animated e-mail icon?

You gotta realize that they do this weird ranking to get attention and it's working. If they had done the expected rankings no one would pay them any attention.

Ohhh, I think I saw this guy argue his poll on another sports board actually. He got slammed, he was trying to spread it around as being really good. Guy admitted that Auburn would probably beat Utah. Bunch of SEC fans pointed out flaws in his system, especially on the way points were distributed. He never returned to that board.

Well, you read it here...MIAMI will NOT do JACK this year. "So let it be written, so let it be done."

:au::homer:

Archived