Harsin leaving the field saturday

TeamZero77

he cant get out of there fast enough, his wife and kids are pumped, he's like " damnit baby we did it, we treated these people like crap, ruined their season and they are going to actually pay us 15 million dollars to get the hell out of here!!! " We showed them how the Boise Boys do it". 

You can change a lot, but the truth you cannot.  

• Like 5

• WarTiger changed the title to Harsin leaving the field saturday
47 minutes ago, CAReeves2010 said:

Maybe it's the stage of life I'm in but I don't see the significance of bringing this up. AU's moved on 

Sir I honestly have to disagree. This needs to burn in for a minute. This dude burned us. Yes move on but never forget what this clown was allowed to do to us. That's what scars are for, a reminder of what can happen. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

27 minutes ago, Hay Field 101 said:

Sir I honestly have to disagree. This needs to burn in for a minute. This dude burned us. Yes move on but never forget what this clown was allowed to do to us. That's what scars are for, a reminder of what can happen. 

That's fair, I'm just past the negativity. Instead of reading or hearing what Harsin did or didn't do, I'd rather hear what can or what's being done to fix even the fundamental things this group has struggled to do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CAReeves2010 said:

Maybe it's the stage of life I'm in but I don't see the significance of bringing this up. AU's moved on 

Our previous class was the ONLY SEC class to never sign a recruit on signing day in football. We are in the same conference as Vanderbilt. Let that sink in

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Meh.  Rude, but I don’t really blame him. He had to have known he no longer had a job.  He had his head down, thinking about packing boxes and how he was going to spend his millions.  🙄

Edited by 3rdgeneration
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, AUINSY said:

Our previous class was the ONLY SEC class to never sign a recruit on signing day in football. We are in the same conference as Vanderbilt. Let that sink in

And Harsin's been fired. Time for AU to move forward.

NAHI don't think I will .............

Edited by CAReeves2010
  • Dislike 2

20 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Meh.  Rude, but I don’t really blame him. He had to have known he no longer had a job.  He had his head down, thinking about packing boxes and how he was going to spend his millions.  🙄

I tend to agree because if the rumor of a reduced buyout is true I doubt that happened just on Sunday or Monday morning. That's probably been discussed for a while to come to an agreement. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, CAReeves2010 said:

And Harsin's been fired. Time for AU to move forward.

NAHI don't think I will .............

You’ll have to face it one way or another…we won’t have much of a choice in the future as we struggle to compete the rest of this season, and as we hope to attract decent players to our once great football program 

11 minutes ago, AUINSY said:

You’ll have to face it one way or another…we won’t have much of a choice in the future as we struggle to compete the rest of this season, and as we hope to attract decent players to our once great football program 

Good lord it isn't this serious but you do you. I'll agree to disagree, there's enough pointless fodder around this forum already 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, johnnyAU said:

Not a good look for him going forward. He probably knew it was his final game, but you fake a smile and shake some hands on your way out. 

I suspect he spent the entire month of October wondering which game would be his last.

59 minutes ago, CAReeves2010 said:

Good lord it isn't this serious but you do you. I'll agree to disagree, there's enough pointless fodder around this forum already 

That’s your opinion. Yes, we definitely disagree. The point of the matter is it’s not as easy as “Harsin’s gone, now we’re good.” The narrative being told is Auburn is the bad guy and Harsin is/was the victim, when he seriously failed at his job and walked away with millions. Folks like JLee are one of the few to actually tell the real story and share the facts that actually took place. If the story is out there that Auburn and boosters routinely set up coaches to fail (lie), and hire/fire new coaches every year (lie), we won’t get a decent coach in here moving forward in the future, and we won’t get decent players in the future. Fortunately some are telling the truth and clearing the path for a better way from here on out.

I’m not advocating or saying we should live in misery the rest of our days while wailing and gnashing our teeth, all I’m advocating for is for the truth to come out and the inadequacies and shortcomings of the previous coach to be acknowledged to get rid of the false stories and clear the path for what's next.

Edited by AUINSY
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:

Harsin- $25 million total (he didn't even recruit), $6 million per SEC win (4X Gus's $ per SEC win) 

r/wde - Cost of doing Buisness

Great analysis…Auburn was hosed. I wonder if Harsin and Green were in on it together and if he’s splitting any of it with Green (sarcasm)

I know most here aren't a fan of Harsin but he's still a human being. Sure he's getting $$, but he failed in the eyes of millions of people and is getting his name dragged in the media as not a good hire. In the video above, he had just failed again and was probably wondering "is this the one?" His mind wasn't on the tiny hands reaching over the rail, which is something he's probably seen every single game of his entire career. You have no idea how much you've missed when your mind was elsewhere.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, smackydoodle said:

I know most here aren't a fan of Harsin but he's still a human being. Sure he's getting $$, but he failed in the eyes of millions of people and is getting his name dragged in the media as not a good hire. In the video above, he had just failed again and was probably wondering "is this the one?" His mind wasn't on the tiny hands reaching over the rail, which is something he's probably seen every single game of his entire career. You have no idea how much you've missed when your mind was elsewhere.

Agree.  He probably kicked a puppy on his way out, too.  😁 But I agree with you.  I feel for him as a person, even though I don’t care for him as a coach.  There were players who loved him, so he has to have some redeeming qualities as a human.  

• Like 2

14 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

I'm sorry but I don't know how to post videos here so hopefully someone can do that. There is a video, like every week, of Harsin on the field after the game. He shakes hands with Sam Pittman and then his wife and 1 of his daughters come up and kiss him and they walk to the tunnel.

As they're walking towards the tunnel at Jordan Hare, there are several kids in Auburn attire and they all reach out their hand to give Harsin a high-five and he never even acknowledges the kids or anybody else. The kids are so close they can literally touch him, they're obvious Auburn fans and they're freaking KIDS!!!! And this asshat never even acknowledged they existed. 

I'm sorry but that's some lowdown, arrogant crap. I already dislike Harsin but that really bothered me and just cements what many have said about him believing he is much better than the next person. 

Thank God he can be somebody else's problem now. WDE

Put Harsin, Barbee, and Sonny Galloway together. 

2 hours ago, Auburn93 said:

Put Harsin, Barbee, and Sonny Galloway together. 

Yep....Harsin was the football equivalent of Tony Barbee....

5 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Agree.  He probably kicked a puppy on his way out, too.  😁 But I agree with you.  I feel for him as a person, even though I don’t care for him as a coach.  There were players who loved him, so he has to have some redeeming qualities as a human.  

Exactly. Two things can be true at the same time.