Tray Blackmon

StatTiger

Tray has this almost always perfect balance/form of an athlete. Someone on another board was talking about it and I now see it in every pic of the kid. He is in near perfect tackling form, etc in every shot I see of him. Scary.

He reminds me of Mike Singletary in the way he carries himself on the field.

As good as he looks, I hope he is redshirted and allowed to grow a bit before putting him in crucial game situations. I just can't see a 192 pound LB in the SEC being as effective as the guys we have on the depth chart right now. A year to learn the defense and get up to at least 205 will make him even more effective. Add five pounds a year and maybe grow an inch or so and he could be a monster as a 215 or 220 pound junior and senior with his speed and balance.

As good as he looks, I hope he is redshirted and allowed to grow a bit before putting him in crucial game situations.  I just can't see a 192 pound LB in the SEC being as effective as the guys we have on the depth chart right now.  A year to learn the defense and get up to at least 205 will make him even more effective.   Add five pounds a year and maybe grow an inch or so and he could be a monster as a 215 or 220 pound junior and senior with his speed and balance.

172894[/snapback]

TB on the surface your thoughts sound practical. With TW and AW both seniors, what effect would red shirting Blackmon have on our LB experience next year? Because we have so much inexperience in the backfield this year I'm a little gun shy at this time. If we wouldn't suffer next year I would like to preserve a year of eligibility also while allowing Blackmon to grow a little more and get stronger at the same time.

I do have confidence in CTT's judgment to make the right decision.

WAR EAGLE!!!

Archived