has coach Zac received any love?

aubiefifty

in one of todays Auburn Articles i posted it said our secondary has the best stats in ten years. that is pretty awesome. maybe coach shedding had something to do with it? and look at our O line. they seem to be much improved since hars was runnoft and kendall simmons started helping on the field. i hope these guys get some love. i know caddy is getting a lot and he deserves it. i love a man that loves auburn as much as i do. i would love him as head coach if we built a killer staff around him. i know this is a long shot and i doubt he is getting much of a look. i do hope at the end of the year he gets a huge bonus at the least. does anyone know how much his pay got bumped if any since he took over? we have lost so many kids due to harsin and his crap. the announcers were saying during the game saturday we had no depth and yet we rise up and shut out a high scoring team in the second half. but coaches like zac and others have stepped forward instead of just calling it in like a lot of other teams would do. i just feel we are blessed and do not realize it.

Not sure about him as a HC, but definitely want to ensure that both he and Caddy are guaranteed to be retained.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, GoAU said:

Not sure about him as a HC, but definitely want to ensure that both he and Caddy are guaranteed to be retained.  

i was not implying to give zac the head coaching job just to make sure we are clear here. caddy has charisma. i like kendall as well. i assume it is him that has our line playing better than it ever did under harsin. i just think at the end of the day a true auburn man would go above and beyond for auburn versus a hired gun who is in it for the money.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

36 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i was not implying to give zac the head coaching job just to make sure we are clear here. caddy has charisma. i like kendall as well. i assume it is him that has our line playing better than it ever did under harsin. i just think at the end of the day a true auburn man would go above and beyond for auburn versus a hired gun who is in it for the money.

Agree 100%.  just don't want to put someone ina spot that there not ready to succeed in..... yet.  When he's ready, I'd love to see Caddy behind the wheel.

• Like 1

He certainly deserves an interview from the next HC.  I don't put much value in our coaches being former players, no reason to box ourselves in or oversell a coaches value just because he is associated with the University.

Edited by dyehardfanAU
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, GoAU said:

Agree 100%.  just don't want to put someone ina spot that there not ready to succeed in..... yet.  When he's ready, I'd love to see Caddy behind the wheel.

do not kid yourself that they would not have people watching caddy's back. give caddy four mil and oc and dc a couple of mil to get the best. or more if it takes it. but i disagree that he would be too big a risk. harsin appeared the almost perfect candidate and look where we are. they all come with risk. i think cadddy is the type to listen to what his coaches have to say. but i will support whomever gets the job.

4 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

He certainly deserves an interview from the next HC.  I don't put much value in our coaches being former players, no reason to box ourselves in or oversell a coaches value just because he is associated with the University.

if everyone under caddy does their job i do not see a problem. again we did all the supposedly right things and got harsin and look where it got us. i disagree about former players. do i want an all auburn coaching staff? no. caddy has charisma and look how his team is playing for him. we are hurting for players but the ones still here are giving above and beyond. i would rather reward an ex auburn player if they are lucky enough to get the job than a potato head.

Just now, aubiefifty said:

if everyone under caddy does their job i do not see a problem. again we did all the supposedly right things and got harsin and look where it got us. i disagree about former players. do i want an all auburn coaching staff? no. caddy has charisma and look how his team is playing for him. we are hurting for players but the ones still here are giving above and beyond. i would rather reward an ex auburn player if they are lucky enough to get the job than a potato head.

I'd rather hire someone who is qualified to be a head coach.  Carnell is one of my favorite AU players of all time, but he is not qualified to be a P5 Head Coach.

Edited by dyehardfanAU
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

That may be true but they are all hired guns. Remember, Zac was probably headed to UGA wo a promotion last year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

I believe the line was playing for Friend not Harsin. More than likely it is more about effort than anything and that credit belongs probably more to Caddy, . Got to believe the much higher run plays helps also.

3 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I believe the line was playing for Friend not Harsin. More than likely it is more about effort than anything and that credit belongs probably more to Caddy, . Got to believe the much higher run plays helps also.

according to bird friend was handcuffed on his line coaching. i assumed it had to do with harsin. i tend to believe most of what bird says..............

19 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

according to bird friend was handcuffed on his line coaching. i assumed it had to do with harsin. i tend to believe most of what bird says..............

Well, you just lost all of your credibility!!

• Haha 1

The secondary has shown improvement every game!! They were even doing it when cBH was in charge.   Dare I say, Seems like we may even have some depth there??

Not sure if that means anything in this day and age of college ball, but this is the one group that most excites me moving forward. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

That may be true but they are all hired guns. Remember, Zac was probably headed to UGA wo a promotion last year.

Harsin was not the easiest to work for. 

16 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

Gotcha, I’m not trying to argue. That just didn’t make the logic test to me.

Edited by Hank2020