Was That a Nip?

Proud Tiger

Not to be a downer Proud, but the weatherman said the rain is finally out of here and we'd be back to a normal summer weather pattern and would be talking about the heat index again by the end of the week. I know the "Nip" is a state of mind but, I just can't nip in the 90's. :D

Esquire, your "Can't NIP in the 90s" comment made me think of one of my favorite Homerisms. "I remember when I used to Rock and Roll all nite and party EVERY day. Now I am lucky to find 15 minutes a week in which to get funky!" :homer: The record for the Nip is Aug. 15th. My lovelly bride and I will be taking our youngest daughter back to AU to begin her Soph. year this weekend. I do not know if the sights and sounds of being on campus at the Football Captal of the World will be enough to push me over the Nip "edge". The "Nip" is as much a state of mind as it is a weather related phenom. Time will tell. I am, however, on "Nip Watch" and have been for a few days.. :D

WAR :au: EAGLE ! ! !

I've been on nip watch since the final cheers died down at the Sugar Bowl! :lol:

:au::homer:

What a nice night that was!!!

PT, NIP IT IN THE BUD! It's too early for the callin' of the "nip," and you know it!. However, here in Tennassee I have noticed the sassafras leaves are starting to turn. The acorns on the oak trees are lookin' mature, so it won't be long - if global warmin' doesn't eradicate it, that is.

We may need to locate an AU fan further north to call the "nip" if it doesn't cool down on the plains in time for the first game. Don't we have someone in Canuckville? I'm sure he could call the "nip" most any time.

But for now, put your nipper checker away PT and quit causing such a stir! If you need a little "nip" now, just hit the liquor cabinet! But do not prematurely call the "nip"!

War Eagle!

:lol::lol: Easy for you to say. You do not have a 19 year old daughter headed back down to AU. :lol::lol:

:lol:   :lol:   Easy for you to say. You do not have a 19 year old daughter headed back down to AU.  :lol:   :lol:

173019[/snapback]

So....where does this daughter of yours stay?? ;)

......away from YOU. :D

PT, NIP IT IN THE BUD!  It's too early for the callin' of the "nip," and you know it!.  However, here in Tennassee I have noticed the sassafras leaves are starting to turn.  The acorns on the oak trees are lookin' mature, so it won't be long - if global warmin' doesn't eradicate it, that is.

We may need to locate an AU fan further north to call the "nip" if it doesn't cool down on the plains in time for the first game.  Don't we have someone in Canuckville?  I'm sure he could call the "nip" most any time.

But for now, put your nipper checker away PT and quit causing such a stir!  If you need a little "nip" now, just hit the liquor cabinet! But do not prematurely call the "nip"!

War Eagle!

173017[/snapback]

I never call the nip. That's strictly WT's job. You should know that :poke:

... We may need to locate an AU fan further north to call the "nip" if it doesn't cool down on the plains in time for the first game.  Don't we have someone in Canuckville?  I'm sure he could call the "nip" most any time.  ...

173017[/snapback]

Checking in from just below the 49th parallel in WA state -- it's still a little too warm (near 80 deg up here and no rain for the last 3 weeks or so) to make the call. Maybe in a couple of weeks. WDE :au:

You just never know. When I get that first sniff of burning leaves-the first batch of fallen leaves, the first "smell" of cool weather, well...You just never know.

(Then again, neither do I!) :big:

Archived