Top ten baseball players

So out of the top ten players in the state, we have signed None. One a Gatorade player of the year. Is our state talent that bad or do we have no room? 

the gatorade POY is going juco i believe....probably hoping to get drafted sooner than going to D1 school.  i asked similar question about 7A softball POY who is going to USA 

4 hours ago, Tigger1985 said:

So out of the top ten players in the state, we have signed None. One a Gatorade player of the year. Is our state talent that bad or do we have no room? 

1985, that list is the sportswriters' top 10.   Look at where they are committed -- 1 to Bama, 1 to Samford, 1 to UAB, 1 to Jax State, 2 to JUCO and 4 uncommitted.   If we or Bama wanted them.....  We have 4 commits from the state for this class. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, LPTiger said:

1985, that list is the sportswriters' top 10.   Look at where they are committed -- 1 to Bama, 1 to Samford, 1 to UAB, 1 to Jax State, 2 to JUCO and 4 uncommitted.   If we or Bama wanted them.....  We have 4 commits from the state for this class. 

MLB's top 200 draft prospects didn't have any high school prospect from the state of Alabama. I'd be more concerned if we had 5 guys on that list and none were committed to us. I hate to say it but Alabama is not a hot bed for HS talent compared to GA/FL/TX/CA