What might have been in 2017 if Pettway had been able to keep his head out of his own ass

TitanTiger

11 hours ago, alexava said:

If Pettway is available, we would have had a healthy Kerryon. 

No one knows that. Kerryon was injured on one play against the bammer defender near the pylon.

4 hours ago, Viper said:

No one knows that. Kerryon was injured on one play against the bammer defender near the pylon.

Of course nobody knows. We are speculating. I speculate that you reduce his carries by 30%, there’s a huge chance he doesn’t get injured. 

19 hours ago, alexava said:

Of course nobody knows. We are speculating. I speculate that you reduce his carries by 30%, there’s a huge chance he doesn’t get injured. 

You’re insinuating the accumulation of his carries got him injured. It didn’t. It was one play near the goal line. 

16 minutes ago, alexava said:

He may not have been in on that play.

Kerryon was not just Gus’ bellcow, he was a TD machine. 

The point is moot. We were not going to beat Georgia again in their other home stadium with Kerryon at 0, 50 or 100%.

1 hour ago, alexava said:

He may not have been in on that play.

53 minutes ago, Viper said:

The point is moot. We were not going to beat Georgia again in their other home stadium with Kerryon at 0, 50 or 100%.

Of course not…… we should have just forfeited. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, alexava said:

Of course not…… we should have just forfeited. 

145 (1 TD) vs 251 (3 TDs)

19 hours ago, Viper said:

I know it’s all suppositions (both of us), but I just don’t agree. I think with a 100% Kerryon we are definitely on equal terms with UGA that yesr.

Edited by Hank2020
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I know it’s all suppositions (both of us), but I just don’t agree. I think with a 100% Kerryon we are definitely on equal terms with UGA that yesr.

What showed you in that game we could move the ball as well through the air as the 1st meeting at JH?

5 hours ago, Viper said:

What showed you in that game we could move the ball as well through the air as the 1st meeting at JH?

Obviously in my supposition we have Kerryon. He was the difference IMO. What showed you in the first game that we would not be able to do it again. IMO, they couldn’t stop Kerryon. so that opened up the passing game when we needed it. Its the way we operated that year.

On 7/14/2023 at 2:15 PM, Hank2020 said:

Obviously in my supposition we have Kerryon. He was the difference IMO. What showed you in the first game that we would not be able to do it again. IMO, they couldn’t stop Kerryon. so that opened up the passing game when we needed it. Its the way we operated that year.

It was what Georgia’s defense showed me in the 2nd game. Kirby knew Gus’ gameplan wouldn’t change (Newsflash - Gus is stubborn), so they shut down the run game first, then the passing game. Plus again, they had overwhelming home field advantage.

32 minutes ago, Viper said:

It was what Georgia’s defense showed me in the 2nd game. Kirby knew Gus’ gameplan wouldn’t change (Newsflash - Gus is stubborn), so they shut down the run game first, then the passing game. Plus again, they had overwhelming home field advantage.

I understand the comments. And you are correct that, this is definitely the way it played out. My supposition is that they would not have been able to stop the run game with our #1 RB. No one had been able to, including UGA. Their (UGA) game plan was also the same as it was the first game. They just accomplished it in the 2nd game due to AU different personnel.

1 hour ago, Hank2020 said:

I understand the comments. And you are correct that, this is definitely the way it played out. My supposition is that they would not have been able to stop the run game with our #1 RB. No one had been able to, including UGA. Their (UGA) game plan was also the same as it was the first game. They just accomplished it in the 2nd game due to AU different personnel.

Kirby Smart was not going to allow the same RB to roll up 233 yards of total offense a 2nd time in the same season nor anywhere close. Not with the fan advantage completely reversed.

Kirby Smart made the proper defensive and conditioning adjustments to beat bammer in the playoffs (won by 15) after losing to them in the SECCG (lost by 17). That’s a 32-point swing.

That’s exactly what he did to 2017 AU, only worse (44-point swing).