Dems Blow a Real Opporrtunity

Seems to me Biden and the Dems have blown a real opportunity for some positive media coverage as well as a good thing to do. Over 100 people are dead from the Maui wildfire and hundreds more missing. Yet Biden spends the weekend in Lake Tahoe at the lush home of big Dem donor Tom Steyer. It's bad enough he hasn't gone to Maui but he missed a golden opportunity to just be there today. Why?

TODAY, August  21 is the anniversary of Hawaii becoming the 50th state in the union. 

Edited by Son of A Tiger
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Son of A Tiger said:

Seems to me Biden and the Dems have blown a real opportunity for some positive media coverage as well as a good thing to do. Over 100 people are dead from the Maui wildfire and hundreds more missing. Yet Biden spends the weekend in Lake Tahoe at the lush home of big Dem donor Tom Steyer. It's bad enough he hasn't gone to Maui but he could missed a golden opportunity to just be there today. Why?

TODAY, August  21 is the anniversary of Hawaii becoming the 50th state in the union. 

SOAT, you can't make sense of things that don't make sense.   This was a layup, off a trampoline, with a basket twice the size as regulation, and Uncle Joe has no comment.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Son of A Tiger said:

Seems to me Biden and the Dems have blown a real opportunity for some positive media coverage as well as a good thing to do. Over 100 people are dead from the Maui wildfire and hundreds more missing. Yet Biden spends the weekend in Lake Tahoe at the lush home of big Dem donor Tom Steyer. It's bad enough he hasn't gone to Maui but he missed a golden opportunity to just be there today. Why?

I assume that Fox didn't cover him arriving, meeting with victims and their families or speaking in Hawaii today? 

I'll never forget after Katrina, hearing from FEMA that they couldn't get water to the convention center or the dome because roads weren't passable.  The next day, two good friends and myself drove his jacked up Toyota Tacoma with air boat in tow and 40 gallons of gas in containers, from just outside of Bogalusa, LA thru small towns and back roads all the way over to West of the city and then weaved our way back in.. A good friend's mom was a nurse with the Red Cross.  She had given me a stack of Red Cross volunteer t-shirts.  We went thru two road blocks with no problems wearing those. Not long after, George W. flew over the area and waived.  I've never been more frustrated with the federal govt than I was then.

I get not wanting to be in the way, but sometimes people need a leader to reassure them by being hands on.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, AU9377 said:

I assume that Fox didn't cover him arriving, meeting with victims and their families or speaking in Hawaii today? 

I'll never forget after Katrina, hearing from FEMA that they couldn't get water to the convention center or the dome because roads weren't passable.  The next day, two good friends and myself drove his jacked up Toyota Tacoma with air boat in tow and 40 gallons of gas in containers, from just outside of Bogalusa, LA thru small towns and back roads all the way over to West of the city and then weaved our way back in.. A good friend's mom was a nurse with the Red Cross.  She had given me a stack of Red Cross volunteer t-shirts.  We went thru two road blocks with no problems wearing those. Not long after, George W. flew over the area and waived.  I've never been more frustrated with the federal govt than I was then.

I get not wanting to be in the way, but sometimes people need a leader to reassure them by being hands on.

AU93, since you brought it up, Katrina began making land on a Monday.   Bush flew over the area Wednesday i.e. 2 days after it happened.  In the interim he was personally on the phone with the mayor giving him advice on opening floodgates.   He flew back to the gulf 2 days later ie. Friday.    It took him 2 days to see the disaster and 4 days to be on the ground.   In the interim he personally interacted with the mayor and the governor.    The Hawaii fire began on the 8th.    Biden touched down there 13 days later.   In the interim he vacationed in Rehobeth Beach and had no comment of the fire and he also vacationed in Lake Tahoe.    Yesterday, did you hear his speech where he mentioned he nearly lost a Corvette in a house fire.   He is the definition of no hands on and tone deaf/demented.    

• Like 1