How do the backup QBs look?

BamaGrad03

Just curious, since Cox was getting some rest, what did the next two guys in line look like? Both of them were pretty talented coming out of high school.

Is there a clear cut #2 yet?

Guest Tigrinum Major
Just curious, since Cox was getting some rest, what did the next two guys in line look like? Both of them were pretty talented coming out of high school.

Is there a clear cut #2 yet?

175855[/snapback]

Reports last week were that Blake Field had seperated himself from Calvin Booker. Don't know the specifics. It was a blessing in disguise that Cox's sore arm kept him out of taking so many snaps These guys needed some reps. I hate to say it, but Bama might have a better backup QB situation than we do.

Blake Field reminds me of a slimmer version of Ben Leard. He has got an ARM. They are both young and inexperienced and it shows. There is a BIG difference between them and Cox. There should be. They will get better with time and practice. We will be in good shape for the future. :au:

According to Tubs, they all got a little stage fright when they went into the stadium and had to use the 25 second clock, but supposedly they practiced with it again yesterday and all the QB's performed better.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/birmingha...1060.xml&coll=2

Borges and Tuberville have been reluctant to name Cox's backup, but will have to by Thursday when they form the sacrificial scout team. The No. 3 quarterback will spend time with them. The No. 2 quarterback will be with the first and second teams.

"Stay close to your phones," Borges said of the impending announcement.

Borges can't make the call based on game experience. Neither Booker nor Field played last season, though both have now gone through practices through two falls and one spring.

"They're both still doing a pretty doggone good job," Borges said.

I think both schools have taken care of the QB situation. Both have good young QBs and look good for the long haul. Only time will tell who actually does better. UAT definitly made it a priority. I feel very good for future years. Its tough to throw a QB into their first SEC game. Look at UT last year and they probably have a future star. Heres hoping the starter for both teams stays healthy. Its a long fall to No. 2.

I refereed some of the HS games Blake played @ N. Florida Christian here in Tallahassee and he was a standout talent on a perenially state champion team. In an area LOADED w/ major college caliber talent, Blake stood out. Only injuries or Cox being the second coming of Pat Sullivan will keep him out of the spotlight.

Blake Field reminds me of a slimmer version of Ben Leard.

175861[/snapback]

I hope that Blake Field has more mobility than Ben Leard. Leard was a great Auburn QB, but was not noted for his moving ability outside of the pocket.

Does Blake field move well outside of the pocket? I didn't get to go to the A-Day game last year nor have I seen a scrimmage or fall practice.

Alex :sec::au:

Does Blake field move well outside of the pocket? I didn't get to go to the A-Day game last year nor have I seen a scrimmage or fall practice.

Alex :sec:   :au:

176066[/snapback]

I remember his recruitment. I watched the film rivals had of him then. He was timed at like a 4.78 in the 40 or there abouts, but the footage I saw he seemed to have very quick feet and made great decisions. I was impressed with what I saw of him then. I only hope he develops.

Archived