2025 softball recruiting

blakem

On 9/25/2023 at 10:35 PM, Golden Eagle said:

Thanks @Jad0003 - wish we didn't have to wait 2 years to get them on campus!  Wilson sounds like a beast - hope her game translates to SEC-level competition.  Morici's, too.

Look at it this way…2 years is enough rope for Dean…er, I mean time for Carasone to take over.  Maybe she won’t run them off. 

Abbie Sars committed yesterday. Based on her name, I’d assume she is the daughter of the coach for Carolina Cardinals - Sars. She is also the teammate of 2025 Auburn commit, Julia Morici. IMG_8954.jpeg

Edited by Jad0003
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Delaney Aumua also committed to Auburn yesterday. I think she might be the first high school recruit from California during Dean’s tenure. 

IMG_8952.jpeg

IMG_8953.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Picked up another commit, Melania Luostari, from Wisconsin. She moved up to play for the 18U Beverly Bandits - Conroy team and is a power hitting corner infielder.  I couldn’t find her in the EIS rankings, but she made the EIS 2023 16U All Summer team (summary below).

IMG_8955.jpeg

Edited by Jad0003
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Jad0003 said:

Picked up another commit, Melania Luostari, from Wisconsin. She moved up to play for the 18U Beverly Bandits - Conroy team and is a power hitting corner infielder.  I couldn’t find her in the EIS rankings, but she made the EIS 2023 16U All Summer team (summary below).

IMG_8955.jpeg

Anybody that bats over .500 at PGF I want on my team, no matter the rank or lack there of.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, blakem said:

Anybody that bats over .500 at PGF I want on my team, no matter the rank or lack there of.

Oh definitely! 

The 2025 rankings were a bit of a mess this year because there was a sorting error. They also opted to do a true Top 100 rather than tie 5 people for each ranking. This change coupled with the error left many high ranking players off the list. As a result, they were forced to do a second with ties, but they did not adjust the original list, only added players to the list, which still left players off the list. 

We lose a lot of pitching after the 2024 season and lose a lot of players after the 2025 season. Assuming no transfers, the next two recruiting classes, plus the current sophomore and freshman, should provide a solid lineup. Hopefully Rolfe, Tamborra, Clemmons and Godfrey (2024) develop well, and we can pick up a good pitcher in the 2025 class.

Based on the past two years, I hope to see the coaches continue to search for good players out of the transfer portal, like Lech, Wohlers, and Tresvik, who perform well but aren’t transferring from powerhouse softball schools. Widra is the exception as she was a highly rated player transferring from a well known softball school. 

Edited by Jad0003
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Jad0003 said:

Oh definitely! 

The 2025 rankings were a bit of a mess this year because there was a sorting error. They also opted to do a true Top 100 rather than tie 5 people for each ranking. This change coupled with the error left many high ranking players off the list. As a result, they were forced to do a second with ties, but they did not adjust the original list, only added players to the list, which still left players off the list. 

We lose a lot of pitching after the 2024 season and lose a lot of players after the 2025 season. Assuming no transfers, the next two recruiting classes, plus the current sophomore and freshman, should provide a solid lineup. Hopefully Rolfe, Tamborra, Clemmons and Godfrey (2024) develop well, and we can pick up a good pitcher in the 2025 class.

Based on the past two years, I hope to see the coaches continue to search for good players out of the transfer portal, like Lech, Wohlers, and Tresvik, who perform well but aren’t transferring from powerhouse softball schools. Widra is the exception as she was a highly rated player transferring from a well known softball school. 

I had no idea they opted for a true top 100. That makes way more sense because it seems everyone was getting relatively lower ranked recruits. I’m glad they did do a true top 100 though because that other rankings system wasn’t very good. Can’t have 20 kids in the top 5.

Edited by blakem

39 minutes ago, blakem said:

Does she have a rank?

I could not find her on the EIS rankings list. She seems to be a prospect who improved significantly over the past year.

She played for the 18U Tampa Mustangs - Rene this past summer as a sophomore. The team placed well at some big time tournaments, and she seems to be one of, if not the, primary pitcher. 

For high school, the only thing I could find was she beat 2024 UGA pitching commit Ella Trout in 10 innings 1-0 with 17 strikeouts. Trout visited Auburn before committing to UGA last year. 

One area where I trust Dean is identifying pitchers and getting the most out of them. The only other 2025 pitching prospect I see him following is Sage Soares, a LHP from the Northeast. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/12/2023 at 1:30 PM, Jad0003 said:

I could not find her on the EIS rankings list. She seems to be a prospect who improved significantly over the past year.

She played for the 18U Tampa Mustangs - Rene this past summer as a sophomore. The team placed well at some big time tournaments, and she seems to be one of, if not the, primary pitcher. 

For high school, the only thing I could find was she beat 2024 UGA pitching commit Ella Trout in 10 innings 1-0 with 17 strikeouts. Trout visited Auburn before committing to UGA last year. 

One area where I trust Dean is identifying pitchers and getting the most out of them. The only other 2025 pitching prospect I see him following is Sage Soares, a LHP from the Northeast. 

Her and her sister are on the Birmingham Thunderbolts Premier 18u.

• Like 1

On 10/12/2023 at 12:38 PM, blakem said:

Does she have a rank?

Don't get caught up in EIS being the end all be all.

There are a ton of talented girls out there who would/could be in the rankings if they were on the "right" team or had coaches that were more (or at all) into promoting their girls and their team.

It's not like football with as many eyes on and where if you are good enough it will become known. I know you know this, but it's worth repeating. Ton of talent out there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 10/31/2023 at 7:20 PM, LPTiger said:

So did she and her sister commit?

They are both commits but her sister has been committed since last fall.

• Love 1