We need a better KR

TexasTiger

6 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Except for one year, Battie has been very average as a kick returner. He was pedestrian his last year at USF. He’s been average this year.

Agree, another transfer portal pick up that shouldn’t have been.

17 minutes ago, AUatHeart said:

Agree, another transfer portal pick up that shouldn’t have been.

Looked decent at RB when he played, but he struck lightning 3 times one year and hasn’t looked above average returning since then.

On kickoff, I have no idea why anyone returns any more. Most of what can happen is bad... Tackled short of the 25, penalty (which is very common), someone gets hurt. I would call fair catch or down it in the end zone every time. Very few times does anyone get past the 25 without a problem, and it's not just us it's everyone. STOP trying to run it back!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, gabo4au said:

On kickoff, I have no idea why anyone returns any more. Most of what can happen is bad... Tackled short of the 25, penalty (which is very common), someone gets hurt. I would call fair catch or down it in the end zone every time. Very few times does anyone get past the 25 without a problem, and it's not just us it's everyone. STOP trying to run it back!

I agree, makes good sense.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, gabo4au said:

This is spot-on. Well done sir!

• Like 1

On 1/1/2024 at 2:20 PM, gabo4au said:

I agree with that 100%.  Half the time we get a block in the back or a hold and end up starting at the 10 instead of the 25.  Then every now and then we get a fumble because you get harder hits when the defenders and the returner are running fast in opposite directions and that is infinitely worse.  Rarely do we get past the 25.  If the kick comes down at the 10 then fine run it back.  If it comes down inside the 10 then take it at the 25.  Never run it out of the end zone.

• Thanks 1