Women at Arkansas

5:00 Central tip. Teams are very similar record-wise. 

AU has come out with lock-down half court D and hot shooting. Ahead 27-13 at the 6:00 mark of the 2nd quarter. Honestly if we could just hit a couple of 3’s and play slightly better transition D, it would already be a 20-25 point lead. Ladies loooong very sharp!

At the end of 3, Arky now up 56-45. Utterly baffling and frankly embarrassing collapse coming out of the half. Complete lack of focus, and no effective adjustments to Arky’s halftime adjustments. Outscored 31-11. I anticipate AU to close the gap a bit in the 4th quarter but to ultimately succumb due to the 3rd quarter meltdown. I just don’t get it. AU was ahead 30-15 at one point and having their way.

21 minutes ago, tigeraddikt said:

At the end of 3, Arky now up 56-45. Utterly baffling and frankly embarrassing collapse coming out of the half. Complete lack of focus, and no effective adjustments to Arky’s halftime adjustments. Outscored 31-11. I anticipate AU to close the gap a bit in the 4th quarter but to ultimately succumb due to the 3rd quarter meltdown. I just don’t get it. AU was ahead 30-15 at one point and having their way.

Yep, we really s--- the bed in the 3rd quarter. Had it under control.

Tied at 67 with 1:26 to go. Great comeback, lotta moxie in this 4th quarter. Can they steal this win back….stay tuned…

1 minute ago, tigeraddikt said:

As anticipated, auburn came back but falls 74-72. Horrible loss.

Extremely damaging loss. But games like this have been the norm for quite a while. Just when the program starts to get some momentum, we go out and lay an egg. Giving up 31 points in a 10 minute quarter is inexcusable!

Third 3-point loss on the road. Getting close, but still a year away from being really competitive.

• Like 1

Just now, PUB78 said:

Third 3-point loss on the road. Getting close, but still a year away from being really competitive.

Arkansas is bad. Lost to Pine Bluff, and got blown out by bama at home.

• Like 1

I was only mildly optimistic at 30-15 AU. Seen this too many times before. If it turns into a jump shooting contest we are going to lose. Why we let these games turn into jump shooting contests is the question.

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I was only mildly optimistic at 30-15 AU. Seen this too many times before. If it turns into a jump shooting contest we are going to lose. Why we let these games turn into jump shooting contests is the question.

You’re smart to temper expectations. I knew that AU was punching above its weight in FG% in the 1st quarter and Arky was punching under its weight. However, I didn’t think a total collapse would happen like it did. I mean, AU owned the first and last quarters and played fairly even in the 2nd. Just unreal how an entire team can go catatonic for the entire quarter. The middle quarters have been a problem this season for CJH’s team.

12 hours ago, PUB78 said:

I guess if we're looking for a positive, that's its. We've played several of the other SEC teams very close, but couldn't close it out in the end. 

• Like 2

On 2/4/2024 at 8:13 PM, PUB78 said:

A year away and a couple players.  This feels very much like 2018-2019, but I am not confident that our final record will be as good.