I am ashamed to associate with this board

tarheeltiger

Dont let it get you down. As far as I see...its really about 2-3 people, and they have been bashing Tubby ever since he stepped foot on the plains. Hell, some of them still bashed him even after a 13-0 season.

These guys wont ever change or be positive....Dont let it get to you. The majority of the board can see these guys and dont really pay attention to their opinion. It only sucks because you wish you could talk with fellow Auburn fans on a positive basis....but instead we get this junk.

Losing a game like that is unacceptable. This isn't the mindset of a bammer, who thinks that our mere existance should entitle us to a run for the title every year. But it is the mindset of utter frustration. There will be games where we face much more talented teams than GT, and with that in mind, it hurts that we let this game get away from us all that much more. Sure, there are some young faces on this team, but there are also some who have been around a while too. And as for 'getting better', that's all well and good. But other teams will get better during the season too. Few probably thought Auburn would run the table again, but we're 1 game in and already have a loss we didn't count on having.

It just really sucks, is all.

Losing a game like that is unacceptable.  This isn't the mindset of a bammer, who  thinks that our mere existance should entitle us to a run for the title every year. But it is the mindset of utter frustration. There will be games where we face much more talented teams than GT, and with that in mind, it hurts that we let this game get away from us all that much more.  Sure, there are some young faces on this team, but there are also some who have been around a while too. And as for 'getting better', that's all well and good. But other teams will get better during the season too.  Few probably thought Auburn would run the table again, but we're 1 game in and already have a loss we didn't  count on having.

178362[/snapback]

Everybody's disappointed with the loss, but the fact is, we don't know how good GA Tech is right now, but they're aren't TCU. They have a good defense, a strong tailback, a mobile QB and a good coach. We have a new QB, new backfield, new center, new DBs and a new defensive coordinator. AU made several mistakes that are fixable, but still outgained Tech. We weren't just totally offensively hapless-- in fact, it may be the best WR distribution of passes I've ever seen at AU. We didn't give up 500 yards, or 400 yards or even 350. We gave up two touchdowns. As strong as #45 looked for Tech, he just gained 111 yards-- more than we want to give up, but AU has had worse days. We won't go undefeated every year. We lose some that surprise us, but hopefully will win some in which we aren't favored. It's a long season and the program as a whole is the most solid it has been in years.

Just a little perspective.

Georgia Tech is a very good team with a very good agressive defense (great thing to have against new unexperienced qb) and Reggie Ball Played a perfect game. I dont understand how you thought this game was gonna be a blow out. We will be a good team shortly. Stop blaming our coaching staff that you have praised for the last year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with Carolina Tiger. You should stick around to balance things out. The meltdown on this board doesn't come close to the meltdown on ITAT. I believe in voicing an opinion and being critical at times but some posters take it to another level. When they make it about themselves or take it to a personal level, they cross the line, IMO.

Georgia Tech is a very good team with a very good agressive defense (great thing to have against new unexperienced qb) and Reggie Ball Played a perfect game.  I dont understand how you thought this game was gonna be a blow out.  We will be a good team shortly.  Stop blaming our coaching staff that you have praised for the last year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

178372[/snapback]

Ball did not have a perfect game. But he did not lose it for them either. Talking to some Tech fans, they were really glad Ball did not have one of his signature games.

Tanuta put it on us again. Seems this guy can coach up a defense. Our coaches should have had a better game plan and should have adjusted quicker. We are a big OL team and should have established the run a little more the first quarter. But that is not going to happen against good defenses this year with JUST Tre Smith in the backfield. Gotta switch it up. We have two very promising RBs and one solidly average guy. So we go with the solidly average guy and get solidly average numbers. More speed might have broken a long TD. Coaches knew this and still went with solidly average. That is a fundamental coaching error.

i probably won't be back for awhile-

alot of people on this board are football retarded-period

our young team got alot out of last night and they will do very well this year

Losing a game like that is unacceptable.  This isn't the mindset of a bammer, who  thinks that our mere existance should entitle us to a run for the title every year. But it is the mindset of utter frustration. There will be games where we face much more talented teams than GT, and with that in mind, it hurts that we let this game get away from us all that much more.  Sure, there are some young faces on this team, but there are also some who have been around a while too. And as for 'getting better', that's all well and good. But other teams will get better during the season too.  Few probably thought Auburn would run the table again, but we're 1 game in and already have a loss we didn't  count on having.

178362[/snapback]

Raptor, I think we are labeling the people that are just flat out obviously stating their opinions in an offensive way. Thats where I think the term," mindset of a bammer" came about. I dont think it was referring to the overrall feeling of the loss...just to those people who cant keep their language in check and are already about to fire the coach.

Georgia Tech is a very good team with a very good agressive defense (great thing to have against new unexperienced qb) and Reggie Ball Played a perfect game.  I dont understand how you thought this game was gonna be a blow out.  We will be a good team shortly.  Stop blaming our coaching staff that you have praised for the last year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

178372[/snapback]

:roflol::roflol::roflol:

Where were all these "GT is a very good team" people the last few weeks???

The majority of posts on this board (check them, you know who you are) were ridiculing GT's team... :roflol::roflol::roflol:

I love revisionist history...helps keep you in the "correct" side. :rolleyes:

This bashing of TT and staff is ridiculous. 

If this is the kind of crap I can expect to hear from some of the people on this board then I'm just going to walk away for a while.

178347[/snapback]

Don't judge us all by a few fair weathered, so-called Auburn fans. Stick with the rest of us :)

Well, Brandon Cox earned my respect.It took him a while to get going;he did make alot of mistakes, but by God did he take some hits!!?? Hope our line can improve. If Cox goes down, ...no offense to Fields or Booker, but I don't want to think about that.

I was devastated for awhile, we got too acustomed to Auburn winning. I knew in the back of my mind that it was going to end.

And we rarely got pressure on Ball. He had all day to throw. 23 is the most we've given up since Arkansas(20)

Nobody needs to be fired, but definately some adjustments MUST be made.

Well, Brandon Cox earned my respect.It took him a while to get going;he did make alot of mistakes, but by God did he take some hits!!?? Hope our line can improve. If Cox goes down, ...no offense to Fields or Booker, but I don't want to think about that.

I was devastated for awhile, we got too acustomed to Auburn winning. I knew in the back of my mind that it was going to end.

And we rarely got pressure on Ball. He had all day to throw. 23 is the most we've given up since Arkansas(20)

Nobody needs to be fired, but definately some adjustments MUST be made.

178422[/snapback]

Anybody think AU may be reluctant to go to Booker this season? It seems to be a lose-lose situation. If Booker struggles, we struggle. If Booker plays well, it may scare off Caudle. But with Caudle's torn ACL.. maybe I'm reading too much into this.

Anybody think AU may be reluctant to go to Booker this season?  It seems to be a lose-lose situation.  If Booker struggles, we struggle.  If Booker plays well, it may scare off Caudle.  But with Caudle's torn ACL.. maybe I'm reading too much into this.

178431[/snapback]

Yeah I think AU is reluctant to go to Booker, and not because it might affect recruiting -- but because he's the freakin' 3rd string QB and currently running the scout team offense! Sheesh! :no:

I for one would like to apologize to the members of this board. I have tried to look at the positives (AB, BC, etc) in my other posts. But my dislike of Tubby (coaching, not personal) caused an over reaction to the glaring problems as seen by all last night. It's a long season, these young men need our continued support. BTW, this doesn't mean that I now give Tubby my endorsed by Raven stamp... :big:

:au:

The meltdown on this board doesn't come close to the meltdown on ITAT.

178384[/snapback]

I haven't even checked ITAT yet. I figured it would be pretty bad over there. :( We just got beat plain and simple. Not being able to run the ball effectively was our undoing. The O & D just seemed out of sync all night. Cox looked good though w/ the exception of a few passes. Threw for well more than I thought he would...of course we got to where we pretty much had to throw. We'll get better. I think the coaches & players will see what needs to be fixed and we'll be better in the coming weeks. If there's a bright point to all of this, it's that it happened early in the season and against a non-SEC opponent.

I personally think Auburn played a good game, of course we are used to winning with last years team, but this is not last years team. we have a new QB who in time will be a great one...WAR EAGLE!!!

Karen :au:

:innocent:

:dance:

I'm back -- just had to stay away for a while. Certain postings were a bit - ah - "excessive".

Thanks to our moderator for emphasizing rule #4 and taking action.

BTW - I have never been as optimistic after a loss as I was saturday.

I'm back -- just had to stay away for a while.  Certain postings were a bit - ah - "excessive". 

Thanks to our moderator for emphasizing rule #4 and taking action.

BTW - I have never been as optimistic after a loss as I was saturday.

178796[/snapback]

WAR EAGLE, good to have you back!!! :au:

I for one would like to apologize to the members of this board. I have tried to look at the positives (AB, BC, etc) in my other posts. But my dislike of Tubby (coaching, not personal) caused an over reaction to the glaring problems as seen by all last night. It's a long season, these young men need our continued support. BTW, this doesn't mean that I now give Tubby my endorsed by Raven stamp... :big:

178446[/snapback]

You BIG sellout! :big:

My "glass" is STILL half full and ever shall be. We lost a game, that we probably should have won. We lost a game that we COULD have won. It is a long season. There will be many "Ws" along the way.

Support this TEAM and support this STAFF.

WAR :au: EAGLE ! ! !

178446[/snapback]

You BIG sellout! :big:

178803[/snapback]

I was inspired by WarTim's peace vest... :big:

Peace%20symbol.jpg

Archived