Question concerning Bama & So. Miss

Tigermike

I don't mean this as a flame, therefore I didn't post in the woodshed, but.

Was the Bama OL holding more or less than in years past? I saw at least 5 plays that went for big gains for Bama where the So Miss defender was either tackled or the jersey almost torn off by a Bama lineman and no flag was thrown.

Was the Bama OL holding more or less than in years past?  I saw at least 5 plays that went for big gains for Bama where the So Miss defender was either tackled or the jersey almost torn off by a Bama lineman and no flag was thrown.

180286[/snapback]

I actually noticed that, didnt want to mention it because I didnt want to seem like "that fan" :lol:

There were a couple of big runs where I would see a Southern Miss defensive lineman just fall because he was tackled from behind by a lineman, I thought the ref would at least call one of them.

BTW, those commentators SUCKED during that game as well.

Yes you are right. Very noticeable. Even the guys on the telecast mentioned it. Due to their lack of experience some of them resorted to hangin' on for dear life to protect their precious one. :P

We also got flagged like eleventy billion times for it. Holding killed a bunch of our drives.

I was at the game...but someone said that the announcers kept calling him "Sylvester Crooms" when speaking of our friend in Starkvegas...when will people stop calling him crooms?

We also got flagged like eleventy billion times for it. Holding killed a bunch of our drives.

I was at the game...but someone said that the announcers kept calling him "Sylvester Crooms" when speaking of our friend in Starkvegas...when will people stop calling him crooms?

180299[/snapback]

The announcer kept saying "Croyles," also. :rolleyes:

Was the Bama OL holding more or less than in years past?  I saw at least 5 plays that went for big gains for Bama where the So Miss defender was either tackled or the jersey almost torn off by a Bama lineman and no flag was thrown.

180286[/snapback]

uat did not hold more than previous years. uat is one of the most talented/lucky teams in America at holding and not being called for it. This has been going on for years. It was very obvious that many yards were gained and series continued due to the "no calls". THIS IS BAMA FOOTBALL.

180286[/snapback]

About the same...they always hold...and they almost always get away with it.

The only time I ever saw Coach Jordan lose it about officiating, was after the Bamar center tackled our middle linebacker, and Stabler ran 49 yards for a TD to beat us 7-3 in the "Mud Bowl" in B'ham. It's been going on forever, and it will probably continue that way, for WHATEVER the reason....

I think the Refs got tired of throwing the sandbag filled yellow hanky......They probably just made up their minds to let 'em play, because nearly the whole game they where throwing the flags on nearly every other play.

Those announcers were the worst I have heard in a while. Late in the game when S Miss got the ball after Bama went up by nine there was a play where a player was going out of bounds and was hammered after he was out and the refs called personal foul. One of those idiots said he wished they wouldn't call that because it makes the defensive players less aggressive. He then showed how the player let up, but forgot to say the offensive guy was 3-4 yrds out of bounds and was trying to run out and not fight for yards.

As far as holding, I do believe Bama gets away with it quite alot, but most teams hold and get away with it more than I like to see.

You guys are right...its an ongoing 115 year conspiracy to let bama get away with holding.

180442[/snapback]

You're so right BamaGrad

BamaGrad, I know your words were meant in jest, but the reality of life in this conference is that your words are absolutely true. The good ol boy officials in this league have always come to Bama's rescue. Bama cheats.

BamaGrad, I know your words were meant in jest, but the reality of life in this conference is that your words are absolutely true.  The good ol boy officials in this league have always come to Bama's rescue.  Bama cheats.

180510[/snapback]

That post just cleared up a lot of your other posts...thanks. I didnt know you were THAT blind before...now its evident.

BamaGrad, I know your words were meant in jest, but the reality of life in this conference is that your words are absolutely true.  The good ol boy officials in this league have always come to Bama's rescue.  Bama cheats.

180510[/snapback]

That post just cleared up a lot of your other posts...thanks. I didnt know you were THAT blind before...now its evident.

180523[/snapback]

just curious, BS, but which part indicates his blindness?

your words are absolutely true

he's blind for agreeing w/ you? :)

The good ol boy officials in this league have always come to Bama's rescue.
many have agreed to the fact that bear had the SEC in his back pocket 'back in the day'....haven't you even agreed to these sentiments recently?
Bama cheats.

in light of recent events, this one doesn't really need justification.

Bama has serious offensive line trouble this year. There were even comments on the Tidefans live game thread about the holding and whether the line was capable of getting anything done without it.

- - - - - - -

Bamagrad, just so you know, I don't buy into any theories concerning officials helping the Tide cheat...at least not in the last decade or so. I think it was fairly well established that at his height, Bear Bryant got away with an awful lot of crap on and off the field because of his name, fame, and power. But that was a long, long time ago in a football galaxy far, far away.

These days, I don't see it. If anything, people/refs/rivals are more likely to discriminate against Bama simply in backlash to the years of Bear's regime. But I also don't buy into conspiracy theories that say people/refs/rivals are actively conspiring to hurt Bama either.

Basically, in my mind, officials are part of the game like the weather--it's ridiculous for either side in a game to say the officials won or lost the game for them. Blaming officials is like a team saying "we would have won if the rain and ferocious winds hadn't taken away our passing game". Well duh, maybe so, but weather happens and there's no place on the scoreboard for asterisks. A loss is a loss and only losers look for "moral victories". Sure, some refs do much better jobs of calling games than others, but champions overcome both bad weather and bad officiating.

Ahhh CT, never a quiet bama bashing thread without you chiming in.

You HONESTLY think that Alabama paid the refs to help us win against southern miss? If not, then you disagree with him also.

in light of recent events, this one doesn't really need justification.

Funny, you mention that, yet blast bama fans for living in the past. How long will 2000 be considered "recent"?

2010? 2030? Am I gonna be in the nursing home hearing some auburn fan using albert means as the reason why we win a game in 2070?

It was 5 years ago. F-I-V-E. To say we cheat now is as fair as me saying AU cheats and thats why they beat MSU.

If using Means as a barometer for 'recent' events...then we were 'recently' SEC champs.

"Cheaters are as Cheaters do!" - That what Forrest's Mom always said anyway.

:lol::lol::lol:

You guys are right...its an ongoing 115 year conspiracy to let bama get away with holding.

180442[/snapback]

I can't vouch for 115 years but I can stand some prominent former bama OL dating back to Bryant days who will tell you they were coached on how to hold and not get caught. I suspect a lot of OL coaches do this, but don't be so innocent to believe bama doesn't do it.

bs, if you are going to use me as an example of a frequent bama basher on this forum, then you should be pretty happy over here (which, i guess, you are, given your presence)....

also, if the stain of cheating lingers too long for your tastes, don't blame me, blame the cheaters.

i was merely asking which of reb's statements indicated his blindness. no one mentioned people being PAID (except you, of course...and given recent events, i can see how you would jump to that conclusion re/bama).

on another note, are you still living in mobile or have you moved back to b'ham?

People, you are overlooking the sprinkler "mishap" which costs USM the next two plays with their receivers falling down due to poor footing. Bama was smart: they saw they were going to lose and adjusted field conditions to suit them. :big:

Once again, BamaGrad and all other Bama fans reading this, if you are attempting to respond to my charge that the only reason Bama won against USM is because the refs fixed the game then you are outraged because deep down inside you know it is true. Every single comment you make only strengthens my contention that you feel guilty about getting a win you did not earn. Make another comment if you like but it only proves that I am right. Every letter you type is the result of your conscience. If you truly believed you had won without help then you would just discount my words as the ramblings of a mad man. Since you insist on responding it means you know you cheated. Every thing you add to this strand from now on is further demonstration of how wounded your pride is that your beloved Crimson Tide can only beat the likes of mediocre CUSA teams when the zebras get involved. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

180286[/snapback]

uat did not hold more than previous years. uat is one of the most talented/lucky teams in America at holding and not being called for it. This has been going on for years. It was very obvious that many yards were gained and series continued due to the "no calls". THIS IS BAMA FOOTBALL.

180365[/snapback]

Blah, blah, blah.....file a report. I guess AU never holds, and never gets a good call.

Once again, BamaGrad and all other Bama fans reading this, if you are attempting to respond to my charge that the only reason Bama won against USM is because the refs fixed the game then you are outraged because deep down inside you know it is true.  Every single comment you make only strengthens my contention that you feel guilty about getting a win you did not earn.  Make another comment if you like but it only proves that I am right.  Every letter you type is the result of your conscience.  If you truly believed you had won without help then you would just discount my words as the ramblings of a mad man.  Since you insist on responding it means you know you cheated.  Every thing you add to this strand from now on is further demonstration of how wounded your pride is that your beloved Crimson Tide can only beat the likes of mediocre CUSA teams when the zebras get involved.  Oh how the mighty have fallen.

180691[/snapback]

That's pretty good logic. So if someone asked you if you were an alabama fan, and you said no...you would essentially be proving yourself to BE a bama fan?

One need not go to those extremes to "spot" a uater. The smell, wife beater t-shirt, redman stains, lack of brain cells, etc... are ALL dead giveaways! :D:poke:

Guest Tigrinum Major

That's pretty good logic. So if someone asked you if you were an alabama fan, and you said no...you would essentially be proving yourself to BE a bama fan?

180699[/snapback]

You gotta admit, reb, he got you with this one.

Archived