Delay must be stoned....

DKW 86

Delay controls Congress-- at least the House, Congress controls spending. If he admits to fat in the budget, he has to explain why it is there. So he denies it exists. Repeat the lie enough, hope it takes hold. But this is a stinker, and no one will buy it. "Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely..." The 1994 GOP Revolution is dead.

The 1994 GOP Revolution is dead.

181393[/snapback]

Keep wishing. As long as Screamin' Howie Dean continues to make a jackass out of himself and the democrat party everytime he opens his mouth, the GOP will reign supreme.

The 1994 GOP Revolution is dead.

181393[/snapback]

Keep wishing. As long as Screamin' Howie Dean continues to make a jackass out of himself and the democrat party everytime he opens his mouth, the GOP will reign supreme.

181413[/snapback]

I didn't say the regime was over. Just the principles the 1994 "revolution" were based on. "no fat left in the Federal Budget..." It's over, dude. Now it's just about power and control and handing out the goodies.

Conservatives must DEMAND fiscal accountability. Delay was "nipping it in the bud" was all this was about. Congress is on "liberty in the cathouse" with spending. We, the conservative voter, must demand better.

TT, I find myself agreeing with you again. The spirit of "94 is gone forever. I remain a fiscal conservative and my disillusionment with the lack of fiscal accountability shown by the Republicans continues to grow.

Newt, where are you when we need you?

TT, I find myself agreeing with you again.  The spirit of "94 is gone forever.  I remain a fiscal conservative and my disillusionment with the lack of fiscal accountability shown by the Republicans continues to grow. 

181560[/snapback]

Newt seems to be warming up for comeback. I think he may run in 2008. I'll say this for him, he has ideas and offers something meaningful to the debate-- unlike Frist, Delay and company.

TT, I find myself agreeing with you again.  The spirit of "94 is gone forever.  I remain a fiscal conservative and my disillusionment with the lack of fiscal accountability shown by the Republicans continues to grow. 

181560[/snapback]

He's still sulking because Slick Willy wouldn't let him sit up front on Air Force One.

That was the beginning of the end, right then, when Newt shut down the government and said it was because of his seating arrangement.

Critical mass hit when Bob Barr, one of the principled ones, got taken out by a party hack in a primary for refusing to march lockstep with the neocons over the "Patriot Act".

Archived