Auburn take on LSU Tenn Night game

CalcoTiger

While I understand Tennessee's take and it never hurts to ask (privately), it's your home game and you should play it when you want to play it. Period. Publicly bitching about it is lame.

Guest Tigrinum Major

No way. The visitors do not dictate when a game will be played, just the home team and the networks.

Do I think it gives LSU an advantage? Yes.

Do I think Phil Fulmer cares about the situation and that was his motivation for wanting to change? No way. To suggest that the hurricane victims were the reason is morally reprehensible.

No way.  The visitors do not dictate when a game will be played, just the home team and the networks.

Do I think it gives LSU an advantage?  Yes.

Do I think Phil Fulmer cares about the situation and that was his motivation for wanting to change?  No way.  To suggest that the hurricane victims were the reason is morally reprehensible.

181596[/snapback]

i think you guys did right by not moving it. it's your home game and you should play it whenever you want.

It's your home game and you should play it at the time you want to play it. Fulmer just shows how much character he lacks by worrying about the UT traveling fans not having a place to stay. Big freakin' deal! Peoples homes have been destroyed and Fat Phil is worried about where his players and fans are going to stay?! First, you tell your traveling fans to just stay home for that weekend and watch the game on TV. Secondly, you even show some character and ask your traveling fans to donate their tickets to the victims so maybe they can go watch their own home team for a weekend and try to forget about their misery. Since it is a night game, his players will have plenty of time to rest up before they have to play. After they are done the can have their post-game nappy on the plane back or wait until the get home. Or he can just forfiet and that will take care of all his logistic woes.

It's your home game and you should play it at the time you want to play it. Fulmer just shows how much character he lacks by worrying about the UT traveling fans not having a place to stay. Big freakin' deal! Peoples homes have been destroyed and Fat Phil is worried about where his players and fans are going to stay?! First, you tell your traveling fans to just stay home for that weekend and watch the game on TV. Secondly, you even show some character and ask your traveling fans to donate their tickets to the victims so maybe they can go watch their own home team for a weekend and try to forget about their misery. Since it is a night game, his players will have plenty of time to rest up before they have to play. After they are done the can have their post-game nappy on the plane back or wait until the get home. Or he can just forfiet and that will take care of all his logistic woes.

181603[/snapback]

Thats what I'm talkin bout. :thumbsup:

181603[/snapback]

Perhaps TN fans should stay home and give their tickets to the Hurricane victims Phil is so concerned about.

Do I think it gives LSU an advantage?  Yes.

Check the records. LSU's "advantage" at night is pure myth. Their home winning percentage is not all that sporty even at night.

From the LSU Sports website:

Since 1960, LSU is 193-62-4 (.753) at night in Tiger Stadium compared to a 17-21-3 (.451) record during the day over that span.

LSU's home winning percentage overall is .702 and Auburn's is .795. If I remember, LSU's home winning percentage is about 8th in the SEC.

EDIT: Did a little research. Here's what I found in terms of home winning percentage:

Alabama .841 (at BDS)

Tennessee .799

Auburn .793

Ole Miss .764

Georgia .735

Florida .717

LSU .702

Arkansas .685 overall (.712 at War Memorial .674 at Razorback)

Kentucky .541

South Carolina ??

Mississippi State ??

Vanderbilt ??

It's all a myth. Nothing but media hype. There IS no advantage to them playing at LSU, day or night.

I agree with everyone else. If FatPhil were truly concerned about the situation he would have the UTK faithful donate their tickets to those who have nothing except the occassional smile that a sporting event may bring them. I hope the Bayou Bengals light 'em up. Hang half a hunerd on 'em, JaMarcus!

Tub O'Lard is spineless.

:lsu: Home game, :lsu: call.

Alabama .841 (at BDS)

Tennessee .799

Auburn .793

Ole Miss .764

Georgia .735

Florida .717

LSU .702

Kentucky .541

How far back did you go? That win percentage at BDS must include a lot of the years they played real opponents at LF. There is no way they are anywhere near that at BDS now. Last year PF asked a question about the last ranked team (other than USM) to get beat at BDS. The answer: :msu: 1994! :o

Alabama .841 (at BDS)

Tennessee .799

Auburn .793

Ole Miss .764

Georgia .735

Florida .717

LSU .702

Kentucky .541

How far back did you go? That win percentage at BDS must include a lot of the years they played real opponents at LF. There is no way they are anywhere near that at BDS now. Last year PF asked a question about the last ranked team (other than USM) to get beat at BDS. The answer: :msu: 1994! :o

181660[/snapback]

That's all time.

The winning percentage is heavily skewed because for many years UA played most of their "home" games at Legion Field.

The numbers for Ole Miss are also a little misleading because they used to play their big games in Jackson.

Remarkable how much alike Alabama and Ole Miss are. The Rebels are blazing the trail the Tide will follow over the next 40 years. With each passing year Alabama's "tradition" will fade further and further into the past. They will become just as irrelevant as the Rebels are.

:

Since 1960, LSU is 193-62-4 (.753) at night in Tiger Stadium compared to a 17-21-3 (.451) record during the day over that span.

It's all a myth.  Nothing but media hype. There IS no advantage to them playing at LSU, day or night.

181632[/snapback]

While i'm not too big on the "LSU can't win during the day" thing......if you go by your stats and say LSU has NO advantage for playing at night, it doesn't make much sense.

I believe LSU has gotten past the whole "day/night" winning thing.....but there is NO question that the atmosphere and excitement (which leads to big wins) is much better during a night game. With the exception of the 2003 Georgia game on CBS which was the loudest i have ever heard Tiger Stadium.

Alabama .841 (at BDS)

Tennessee .799

Auburn .793

Ole Miss .764

Georgia .735

Florida .717

LSU .702

Kentucky .541

181660[/snapback]

That's all time.

The winning percentage is heavily skewed because for many years UA played most of their "home" games at Legion Field.

The numbers for Ole Miss are also a little misleading because they used to play their big games in Jackson.

Remarkable how much alike Alabama and Ole Miss are. The Rebels are blazing the trail the Tide will follow over the next 40 years. With each passing year Alabama's "tradition" will fade further and further into the past. They will become just as irrelevant as the Rebels are.

181686[/snapback]

But in the interest of being "fair and balanced", Auburn used to play a lot of it's bigger games in Legion Field also. Certainly not as much so as Bama, but nevertheless, our trips to Birmingham in the'60's & 70's have probably skewed our figures a bit as well.

(I must say, however, I am looking forward to the day when the exploits of Bear Bryant are discussed about as much as the exploits of the late, great coach Johnny Vought (spelling?) of Rebel fame.)

:

It's all a myth.  Nothing but media hype. There IS no advantage to them playing at LSU, day or night.

181632[/snapback]

While i'm not too big on the "LSU can't win during the day" thing......if you go by your stats and say LSU has NO advantage for playing at night, it doesn't make much sense.

I believe LSU has gotten past the whole "day/night" winning thing.....but there is NO question that the atmosphere and excitement (which leads to big wins) is much better during a night game. With the exception of the 2003 Georgia game on CBS which was the loudest i have ever heard Tiger Stadium.

181694[/snapback]

If you go by those stats (which come directly from LSUs website), LSU's home field advantage even at night is middle of the SEC pack.

It's not what it's cracked up to be. LSU has no more advantage at night than Auburn, Tennessee, Alabama or Ole Miss have at any time.

IT IS A MYTH.

:

181632[/snapback]

181694[/snapback]

If you go by those stats (which come directly from LSUs website), LSU's home field advantage even at night is middle of the SEC pack.

It's not what it's cracked up to be. LSU has no more advantage at night than Auburn, Tennessee, Alabama or Ole Miss have at any time.

IT IS A MYTH.

181699[/snapback]

well i'm not going to argue with you on the "myth" statement, as that is strictly an opinion of yours, but you will find out soon enough when AU comes to town. :D

but the point of MY post was that you say LSU has no advantage whether they play day or night. Well if you look at the stats you put up, 75% at night vs. 45% during day......that looks like a pretty big "advantage" as far as LSU is concerned......thats all I was saying.

:

181632[/snapback]

181694[/snapback]

IT IS A MYTH.

181699[/snapback]

well i'm not going to argue with you on the "myth" statement, as that is strictly an opinion of yours, but you will find out soon enough when AU comes to town. :D

but the point of MY post was that you say LSU has no advantage whether they play day or night. Well if you look at the stats you put up, 75% at night vs. 45% during day......that looks like a pretty big "advantage" as far as LSU is concerned......thats all I was saying.

181702[/snapback]

It's middle of the pack in the SEC. Nothing special. That's the point.

Myth.

It's middle of the pack in the SEC.  Nothing special.  That's the point.

Myth.

181712[/snapback]

you're still not understanding my post......try re-reading it slowly without your "I hate LSU" glasses on.

It's middle of the pack in the SEC.  Nothing special.  That's the point.

Myth.

181712[/snapback]

you're still not understanding my post......try re-reading it slowly without your "I hate LSU" glasses on.

181716[/snapback]

What part of "nothing special" do you fail to understand? There is no significant advantage to LSU playing at home at night any more than there is half the SEC playing at home at ANY time -- day or night.

M-Y-T-H.

It's middle of the pack in the SEC. Nothing special. That's the point.

Myth.

181712[/snapback]

Are you comparing LSU to the rest of the SEC (regardless of time of day), or LSU at night to LSU during the day?

You don't seem to understand the distinction. Your own stats show that it is to LSU's advantage to play it at night. Whether LSU's overall home winning percentage is middle of the road for the SEC or not has nothing to do with the day v. night question. .7 is better than .4, no matter what Alabama, Georgia, Auburn, Tennesee, etc.'s home winning percentage is.

Damn, could you two get a room? ;)

Look, you're talking past each other. GalensGhost, when I first read your post, I was confused as well. You stated that there was no significant difference in LSU's night game success versus day games, then posted LSU's night and day records. And by those numbers, there obviously was...LSU plays much better in night home games than day ones.

Only after that did you go on to talk about how their night game record compared to other SEC teams.

So both of you are right...LSU does play better in home night games than day ones. But also, LSU's night home record is nothing special compared to other SEC teams home records.

Everyone happy now?

181716[/snapback]

Going by those stats, there definitely appears to be an advantage to LSU playing home games at night. However, I wonder how much of that is coincidental timing and the fact that they have played considerably more games at night.

Damn, could you two get a room?  ;)

Look, you're talking past each other.  GalensGhost, when I first read your post, I was confused as well.  You stated that there was no significant difference in LSU's night game success versus day games, then posted LSU's night and day records.  And by those numbers, there obviously was...LSU plays much better in night home games than day ones.

Only after that did you go on to talk about how their night game record compared to other SEC teams.

So both of you are right...LSU does play better in home night games than day ones.  But also, LSU's night home record is nothing special compared to other SEC teams home records.

Everyone happy now?

181722[/snapback]

That's the point. Don't think he'll get it even though you summed it up well.

If my first post was confusing, apologies. LSU plays better at night, but even at night are average compared to the rest of the SEC. That's the point. There is no mystique, only myth.

Look, you're talking past each other.  GalensGhost, when I first read your post, I was confused as well.  You stated that there was no significant difference in LSU's night game success versus day games, then posted LSU's night and day records.  And by those numbers, there obviously was...LSU plays much better in night home games than day ones.

So both of you are right...LSU does play better in home night games than day ones.  But also, LSU's night home record is nothing special compared to other SEC teams home records.

Everyone happy now?

181722[/snapback]

If my first post was confusing, apologies. LSU plays better at night, but even at night are average compared to the rest of the SEC. That's the point. There is no mystique, only myth.

181724[/snapback]

No I completely understand that LSU is middle of the road in home winning percentage over history. That wasn't my arguement...my arguement was that LSU plays better at night and you said they didn't, everyone else seemed to understand that but you....your first post did not come across the way you wouldv'e liked.

no biggie deal, lets just let it go

Everyone happy now?

181722[/snapback]

181724[/snapback]

No I completely understand that LSU is middle of the road in home winning percentage over history. That wasn't my arguement...my arguement was that LSU plays better at night and you said they didn't, everyone else seemed to understand that but you....your first post did not come across the way you wouldv'e liked.

no biggie deal, lets just let it go

181730[/snapback]

And better's still not that good. Myth. Ok?

Archived