Tide tried to move us next year

ValleyTiger

WTG Jay!

You can bet if the shoe were on the other foot, all we wopuld hear from now on on Finebaum and others all we would be hearing is "how lame we are", "we are scared of bama" etc.

Bet you never really hear one word of this in the bamaham media or on Finebaum.

Sounds like an odd request by the Bammites. You would think that THEY would desire the open week before the SEC championship game since what I'm hearing around here is that they will be right in the middle of their quest for back to back MNC's by that time.

What is our schedule like next year with regard to off weeks?

For those too young to remember, the Iron Bowl was always preceeded by an off week. It was an excrutiatingly long two weeks waiting for the game and the debate about the game just grew and grew. Actually, I kind of liked it because there was so much build up to the game and Auburn is always coming off a huge rivalry game with Georgia.

For those too young to remember, the Iron Bowl was always preceeded by an off week.  It was an excrutiatingly long two weeks waiting for the game and the debate about the game just grew and grew.  Actually, I kind of liked it because there was so much build up to the game and Auburn is always coming off a huge rivalry game with Georgia.

183090[/snapback]

I was the opposite. I hated that two week gap! Unless we got beat up by Georgia, then I welcomed the wait. :D

Sounds like an odd request by the Bammites. You would think that THEY would desire the open week before the SEC championship game since what I'm hearing around here is that they will be right in the middle of their quest for back to back MNC's by that time.

183088[/snapback]

They have no plans to be in the SECCG. Remember, Brodie will be gone and the crimson sky will fall. :big:

Thats funny, the first place i heard it was on Jox 690 this morning.

You can bet if the shoe were on the other foot, all we wopuld hear from now on on Finebaum and others all we would be hearing is "how lame we are", "we are scared of bama" etc.

Um, we tried to get it moved back a week. Its not like we paid you guys a million bucks NOT to play us.

Interesting things from this article that caught my eye.

"Initiated by ESPN...." Yeah, like we're going to move the IB to accomodate the 2nd choice network for televising SEC games. When (or if) bammer gets back to being a shadow of itself, the IB will be the SEC CBS game every year, again.

"lone open date....." So we're going to play 12 weeks in a row next year. I read yest. where bammer is going to do the same. I really hope that lswho, utee, ugaly and fla are doing the same.

All the yacking from univ. presidents about how we can't have a playoff b/c the players shouldn't be playing that many games is now EXPOSED (with this 12 week schedule) as nothing more than a way to get more TV revenue from the member schools. :puke:

Personally, I liked having the IB on the weekend after thanksgiving. The first 2-3 IBs I was able to attend were held then, and having the long weekend off of work made it EASY to turn the game into a 2-3 day EVENT. :cheers:

183088[/snapback]

They have no plans to be in the SECCG. Remember, Brodie will be gone and the crimson sky will fall. :big:

183098[/snapback]

Brodie will be gone, yes, but who is their newly-signed, all world, going to be the second coming of Joe Willie QB that they have up their sleeve this time? Let's go down the list of those shall we, since about the time of Jay Barker... Kitchens, Burgdorf, Watts/Zow, and now Croyle.... all have had all the hype in the world and did jack... who's next?

Um, we tried to get it moved back a week. Its not like we paid you guys a million bucks NOT to play us.

183101[/snapback]

28-23 :au::big: YALL DON'T WANT NUN!! :dance::Sing:

183101[/snapback]

He said that's what they would be saying about us. Not that he actually thinks that about y'all.

Auburn decided it would rather play its schedule straight through and keep its lone open date before the SEC Championship Game. Coach Tommy Tuberville plans to be there.

:cheers::au::au::cheers:

and, uhh, LiLAuBie's original link is the Birmingham News:

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/birmingha...3330.xml&coll=2

I think it does indicate that the coaches/athletic staff at UAT are a little more realistic than the fans--at least they [coaches/staff] recognize that Bama ain't going to Atlanta in one year, but can really use a breather before the Iron Bowl.

I believe that we have a very realistic shot at Atlanta in 2006 when Cox & our running backs have another year of experience. We should even be back on the BCS MNC radar by then.

On the other hand, a break between Georgia and Bama, as Auesquire reminds us, was always a good thing for the team, even when frustrating for impatient fans. Of course in ancient days, freshman could only play in junior varsity games & the "junior" Iron Bowl was always held on that open Saturday. Both sides got a good look at their future in that game--I specifically remember Pat Sullivan first catching my attention in his Jr. Varsity game against Bama.

183101[/snapback]

28-23 :au::big: YALL DON'T WANT NUN!! :dance::Sing:

183113[/snapback]

Ladies & Gentlemen, We have a WINNER ! ! ! :big:

For those too young to remember, the Iron Bowl was always preceeded by an off week.  It was an excrutiatingly long two weeks waiting for the game and the debate about the game just grew and grew.  Actually, I kind of liked it because there was so much build up to the game and Auburn is always coming off a huge rivalry game with Georgia.

183090[/snapback]

I agree with the neighnorhood Lawyer. I used to love the two weeks before the Iron Bowl.

Also, I think it would be more beneficial (maybe not next year since the 12 straight weeks is already set) to both teams to move it back a week. That way, each team could add a game between the Iron Bowl and the current game before and have the off week more in the middle of the season. I don't know about you, but I feel like a mid season off week is better than having one before the SECG.

Why can't we have the normal 2 off weeks a year next season? A few years ago when the NCAA allowed the 12th game we still had 2 weeks off. What's the problem?

The two week hype would be great if both teams were consistent players on the national scene. As Bamman alluded to earlier, if both teams are doing well, it will be the CBS prime time game every year.

Another question for you "Old codgers" like me. Man, 45 is waaayyy overrated. Does anyone recall the pregame shows always had the players line up on the field and step in front of the camera to be introduced one by one?

At tight end, from Dothan, Alabama. 6'4" 237 lb. Junior, majoring in Nuclear Science...Steeeeeeve Hamner.....

Oh, sorry, I drifted off again... :big:

"Nix Floats one to Sanders at the five and he dives in!...TOUCHDOWN AUBURNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN ! ! !"..... :au::au:

Oh, Sorry. I was "driftin' too! :D

He said that's what they would be saying about us. Not that he actually thinks that about y'all.

183114[/snapback]

WarEagle57.......your use of "us" and "ya'll" here would lead me to conclude you are a bama fan :)

Archived