Read this bama ridiculousness

AUBull'00

Wish some of these Bama fans would step outside the state and see what a joke they really are around the nation due to the roll tide guys, Phyllis, and the typical we are God and complex they have about trying to keep Auburn in their shadows.

Thats right I am a Alabama grad and lifelong fan and this is the type of crap that we get ridiculed for nationally,

The Frank D Smith guy is right in that statement.

Wow, look at the uat heads swelling over their signature win against (eventual 5, maybe 6 win) USC. Will they be EXPECTING a trip to the Rose Bowl if they beat Ark tomorrow? :blink:

I honestly do not know why I even read that...obviously the guy thinks they are a much better team than we are. They are undefeated. We've lost one game...that arguably could have been won by us if not for some crucial mistakes...and that to what seems to be a pretty good Georgia Tech team. Now lets see how Georgia Tech plays against VA tech tomorrow and then we can see how the Bama folks feel about our loss... But seriously I still can't believe I read that before going to sleep, it made me angry. Figures, I am just surprised that he didn't mention all of their national championships or even the coach with the most all time wins....oh wait....it's not the bear anymore. :)

I honestly do not know why I even read that...obviously the guy thinks they are a much better team than we are. They are undefeated. We've lost one game...that arguably could have been won by us if not for some crucial mistakes...and that to what seems to be a pretty good Georgia Tech team. Now lets see how Georgia Tech plays against VA tech tomorrow and then we can see how the Bama folks feel about our loss... But seriously I still can't believe I read that before going to sleep, it made me angry. Figures, I am just surprised that he didn't mention all of their national championships or even the coach with the most all time wins....oh wait....it's not the bear anymore.  :)

183412[/snapback]

Ball is injured. GT will lose.

Hey guys OMK........ :big:

Here's the young man's e-mail address if you wish to tell him something - scali001@bama.ua.edu. I sent him a letter (a classy one, not being a jerk or redneck) stating how the article is just plain stupidity. After searching for some of his past articles, they seem pretty objective (as objective as you can get on a Bama newspaper) and all seemed written fairly well. Reading some of the old stuff and then reading this is a huge shock. Another shock is how the CW actually printed this.

If you do intend on sending him an e-mail please do it in an orderly fashion. We can show him how classy Auburn fans really are. :cheer:

I find it funny that you guys get bent out of shape about a school newpaper from your rival. Of course it is going to be one sided. Do you actually think Alabama or Auburn would actually give the other team any respect..........give me a break.

Do you actually think Alabama or Auburn would actually give the other team any respect..........give me a break.

183419[/snapback]

Yes I do think this. If Alabama does indeed beat Florida then I will give them the respect they should get. I however am not going to give them respect for beating MT State, Southern Miss, and South Carolina. Signature win my arse.

Let's check out the next banner in the Auburn hall of fame, the 1993 season. Terry Bowden led the Tigers in his first year as head coach to a perfect 11-0 record and was triumphantly carried off the field after beating Alabama for the first time ever at Jordan-Hare Stadium.

I keep re-reading that, to see if I've missed something. But the words ," after beating Alabama for the first time ever at Jordan-Hare Stadium", keep me from giving this pin head the benefit of a doubt. Certainly he had not forgotten about the '89 game, where Coach " We'll bring the cheaters to their knees " Curry brought the then 10-0 Tide to Auburn only to lose the first of 2 for that season. I mean, technically, the comment IS accurate, as it was the first time ever that TB had beaten uat at Jordan-Hare Stadium. I don't know, but somehow I doubt the writer was trying to pull a Clinton-esque spin on this matter. But then looking at the first part of the sentence, " Terry Bowden led the Tigers in his first year as head coach to a perfect 11-0 record and was triumphantly carried off the field ", it all becomes clear. How can you makes sense of a comment where TB " in his first year as head coach" beats uat " for the first time ever at Jordan-Hare Stadium" ? Clearly there is some great disconnect, as any master of the obvious would deduce that ANY win for TB would be his 1st at JHS ever, in his first year.

There's only 1 explanation.

The writer is a idiot. He's a bammer. Thus, I repeat myself.

I like how he leaves out the part about NEVER beating Auburn in Tuscaloser. I guess at the crapstone, you check your IQ at the door.If writing all that senseless drivel toots his horn. Row turd row

Maybe the swelling went down a little after today...Arkansas had to give them the game.

Poor showing by the bammers...receivers are still dropping balls and their D-line got shoved around something fierce.

While I was at waiting to go into the BBQ ;)

I overheard this from a Bama fan.....

"We could easily go all the way. I think we can take USC..." :blink:

"After we beat :uf: , :ut: (give them a good woodsheddin'), :lsu: .......and maybe :au: ...." he said that just to be polite to me...

"Oregon is not going to beat USC. We are the only team good enough to do that."

omk

While I was at waiting to go into the BBQ  ;)

I overheard this from a Bama fan.....

"We could easily go all the way. I think we can take USC..." :blink:  

"After we beat :fu:, :ut: (give them a good woodsheddin'), :lsu: .......and maybe :au: ...." he said that just to be polite to me...

"Oregon is not going to beat USC. We are the only team good enough to do that."

omk

183603[/snapback]

Atleast he put us in the same leauge as USC... ;)

Alabama is the game I am most worried about this year. They are definately the most improved team in the SEC, and if they beat UF next week, they will be 10-0 coming into the Iron Bowl. If we don't pull it together, it could get ugly.

OMK

I like how he left out Pat Dye and the decade of the 80's, I guess he didn't want to write about Bo over the Top, 4 straight over the Tide or three SEC titles in a row. They shovel this bs out to other Bammers so they can show how "smart" they are and how bad Auburn is.

:lol::lol::lol:

All I can say is whatever. Is this article a setup? Have the Bammers already reached this level of delusion? The answer, apparently, is yes. I'm not sure how we're playing second fiddle to a team we've beaten three years in a row. This guy had better hope he's not eating these words soon after the Iron Bowl this season.

The first thing that entered my mind were the many traditions that have made The University of Alabama THE premiere name in college football.

Hehe. :P

Did you correct his facutual error?

Terry Bowden was not Auburn's coach the first time that bunch of rednecks left Auburn with the scoreboard clearly showing them to be the losers they are.

1989? Pat Dye? Bill Curry two games before he snuck out of town headed to Kentucky?

What do you expect? It is uat. :blink:

I do appreciate the comedy relief. :D

Alabama is the game I am most worried about this year. They are definately the most improved team in the SEC, and if they beat UF next week, they will be 10-0 coming into the Iron Bowl. If we don't pull it together, it could get ugly.

OMK

183608[/snapback]

I agree. Several members of the board made the prediction of either an undefeated or 1 loss :ua: squad coming to JH this November. These predictions were met with skepticism. Anyone that bothered to take off their orange and blue glasses should have seen this coming, though. Yeah the Tide lacks depth, but the talent they put on the field is second to none and, barring injury, not too many teams are going to stay with them. As much as it pains me to say it, these guys are playing with a lot of confidence right now and they are going to be very hard to beat.

OMK

Archived