How young is too young?

sntemp

How young would you all consider to young to start recruiting?

And how do you advise to go about promoting a player who is in the 9th grade? He is a big Auburn fan and a very Good RB on the A & B honor roll every 6 weeks. He currently dresses for Jr. Varsity, B-Team, and Varsity and averaging 10 yards a carry in limited work with the Varsity team.

Teams like Auburn and Alabama have camps for kids as young as jr. high kids. If his parents are smart, they along with his coach will get his name out as much as possible. It wouldn't be a bad idea for his parents to make highlight videos and send them in to sites like rivals. The constant phone calls and visits from coaches shouldn't start till his junior year.

lilAubie,

Thanks.

He is my first cousin and is being raised by my Grandmother. Might be a good 1st cousin thing to do to get him down to one of the Auburn camps.

Do you know where I can get information on these camps? Do you know what the typical costs are?

Here is some info on the camps Auburn offers. Prices range from $30-$250.

Auburn

Found this, it should help you get an idea of how to get an invitation to attend a NIKE Camp.

NIKE

Hope this helps.

How young would you all consider to young to start recruiting?

And how do you advise to go about promoting a player who is in the 9th grade? He is a big Auburn fan and a very Good RB on the A & B honor roll every 6 weeks. He currently dresses for Jr. Varsity, B-Team, and Varsity and averaging 10 yards a carry in limited work with the Varsity team.

190198[/snapback]

oh.....this is about recruiting......... :poke:

Just a reminder. Be VERY careful what you say and how you say it and who you say it to!

NCAA rules reguarding recruitment of players are very strict. The best thing to do is talk directly with the coaches or, better yet, let his guardian do it. :au:

WarTim,

Thanks but certainly there wouldn't be a problem with me paying his way to Auburn camp, right?

Guest Tigrinum Major
WarTim,

Thanks but certainly there wouldn't be a problem with me paying his way to Auburn camp, right?

190994[/snapback]

Since you are related, it shouldn't be a problem. As Tim stated, if there is any doubt, it is better to ask someone in the know and make sure. Blood relatives are usually not an issue, since there is an obvious connection that would exist whether or not the kid played sports or not.

I have seen the NCAA rule book. It probably weighs 15 lbs and is very much like reading a dictionary. Again, be very careful. :au:

Archived