LSU Game Seating

RadioWryn

Interesting here.. I'm not sure the ticket allocation to Auburn, or how many student tickets Auburn got, but some buddies and I got student tickets today to the game. Went separately (mistake) - they're on field level, section 1 (typical low-endzone seats for visitors), while I get a seat in section 611 - upper deck, same side of the field, but the other end of the stadium..

First time I can remember the student-allocated tickets being separate - anyone else remember of a time like that? Just weird.

Oh well, if the game turns south, I think I'll go up five rows, do a back flip, and land in the Mississippi River. :rolleyes:

Are you sure you got "student" tickets, because im pretty sure that all student tickets are in the visitors section

Are you sure you got "student" tickets, because im pretty sure that all student tickets are in the visitors section

190212[/snapback]

I feel certain - I went to the student ticket office as I always do, got a ticket from them after presenting my student ID.. weird.

190212[/snapback]

I feel certain - I went to the student ticket office as I always do, got a ticket from them after presenting my student ID.. weird.

190232[/snapback]

Ya'll are talking about the same thing.

The tickets students at AU recieve for an away game are visitors tickets, just like any other AU fan gets. There's not "special" student ticket or anything.

I got 2 tix in East Upper 31 and 1 ticket in East Upper 23. I know the band is in the south endzone as I would expect other visitor tickets to be. I'm trying to find out if any student tix are down there cuz I want to be next to the band.

I got 2 tix in East Upper 31 and 1 ticket in East Upper 23. I know the band is in the south endzone as I would expect other visitor tickets to be. I'm trying to find out if any student tix are down there cuz I want to be next to the band.

190273[/snapback]

When LSU sells out the visitor endzone the rest of the tickets fall to both upper decks, in 03 i noticed alot of AU students sitting high up. You must have been late getting your tickets.

190273[/snapback]

When LSU sells out the visitor endzone the rest of the tickets fall to both upper decks, in 03 i noticed alot of AU students sitting high up. You must have been late getting your tickets.

190276[/snapback]

If by "you" you mean the University, than perhaps. I was 3rd in line to get my tickets. They opened at 8am and I was there before they even gave them out to the students. The odd thing was, I got Section 23 right away and the next morning I bought the other 2 (they had extras for the students to purchase) I got Section 31 and those seats are WAAAY better. 25 yard line compared to corner endzone - jeez

yeah, everybody's in the S endzone for AU, or at least, S end of the field, all the 1's, 2's, 3's confused me on the seating chart. I wound up trading straight up with a friend - 8 rows up in S3 for my 611.

the university gives away game student tickets out at random. I've got a ticket down low before and the person behind me was picking up a ticket for the same game and they got one in the upper deck.

Sec. 611 (west upperdeck) is a vistors section. They have always put visitors there from what I can remember. I sat in what was 610 in 1997 (can't remember how I got the tickets but I was a student then). Now its a new upperdeck so not sure what they're doing. There are also visitors seats in EU21, 22, 23 and 32 I think, in addition to the one in S-1, S-2, etc. on the lower level.

At least its a new upperdeck. The old one was like climbing a mountain and it looked like if you fell you would just fall right off the upperdeck. In 1997 we sat on the top row of the upperdeck. The Security/Seater guy said, "you're in luck, your seat comes with its own backrest."

Alabama did the same thing last year in Tuscaloosa. Some were in the north end zone and some were in the south end zone. Whoever did that at Bama was a complete IDIOT. Why put Auburn students right next to Bama students only separated by a chain link fence. STUPID

Alabama did the same thing last year in Tuscaloosa. Some were in the north end zone and some were in the south end zone. Whoever did that at Bama was a complete IDIOT. Why put Auburn students right next to Bama students only separated by a chain link fence. STUPID

190303[/snapback]

I doubt Alabama had any say on how Auburn allocated the tickets they were given. Maybe you should thank the geniuses at the AU athletic dept. :rolleyes:

Um... I wouldn't fault the Auburn athletic department for that Strey.

Putting ANY visitor tickets next to the student section is pretty dumb in my opinion. Having said that, I hope if Auburn ever does it, the students are nice enough to not cause any problems. (But I doubt it based on some of the drunken idiots I've seen at games).

up until 03, all the visiting fans were together in the lower south endzone, down in the dungeon. there were even fences up under the stands to keep the visitors from going to other parts of the stadium. they might still be there, i dont know. thats where most of the battery/urine/coke/liqour bottle throwing incidents used to go on. and dont deny it lsu people. any of you that have ever sat in the upper south endzone know i'm telling the truth, whether you'll admit it or not. the 03 game was our first game when the lower south endzone was mixed fans and the visitors were split between those seats and each corner of the new ( opposite of the press box ) upper deck. i always thought caging up all the visiting people in one place was dumb. its not much better now, except at least now yall have to aim better to keep from hitting your own people. and they did paint the dungeon and add a couple more light bulbs. still dark down there tho. and i think the fences were still up in 03.

war eagle.

um Streyder my point was that Bama not Auburn allocated those tickets next to the Bama student section. For that, they are stupid.  <_<

190336[/snapback]

Ok, I was under the impression you were blaming them for putting the AU students next to the UA studnets, which would be out of their control.

As far as them putting visitors by the students in general, they are next to the Greek block seating so just give'm hell. lol I never liked the greeks at 'Bama.

190303[/snapback]

It wasn't just an Auburn student section, it was Auburn visitor seating at that game.... as I recall meeting Alex Lincoln, a former LB at AU who was sitting right behind us. And it wasn't just the student section in general that they put us next to, they had us right next to the fraternities. Tell me that wasn't on purpose... I cannot tell you how many times I heard words I was ashamed for my little sister to hear and how many cups of coke, hotdogs, and even tabasco sauce I had thrown on me from having to sit right next to those idiots. After the rain quit I had to leave my rain jacket on just to shield myself from all the crap getting thrown the entire game. Oh well, around the midway point of the 4th I went to the other side by the AU band and enjoyed watching all the UATers leave as we all screamed Rammer Jammer right back at them.

190303[/snapback]

It wasn't just an Auburn student section, it was Auburn visitor seating at that game.... as I recall meeting Alex Lincoln, a former LB at AU who was sitting right behind us. And it wasn't just the student section in general that they put us next to, they had us right next to the fraternities. Tell me that wasn't on purpose... I cannot tell you how many times I heard words I was ashamed for my little sister to hear and how many cups of coke, hotdogs, and even tabasco sauce I had thrown on me from having to sit right next to those idiots. After the rain quit I had to leave my rain jacket on just to shield myself from all the crap getting thrown the entire game. Oh well, around the midway point of the 4th I went to the other side by the AU band and enjoyed watching all the UATers leave as we all screamed Rammer Jammer right back at them.

190377[/snapback]

I like them forcing the frat's block seating to the crappy part of the student section. It leaves the good seats to regular folk like me. If there is anything I've found AU students agree with me the most on, it's that AU should move their block seating to the same place so more regular students can have the good seats.

Archived