DKW 86

56 members have voted

1. 1. UT @ ND

• Tennessee
    • Notre Dame

The Irish will win this one easily.

ND 27

:ut: 10

I don't know, :ut: backs against the wall, circle the wagon time. Tenn has talent

but they haven't shown it. Offense is one of the worst in the country.

Fulmer has to win to get over Spurrier to make something of the season.

I won't write Tenn off just yet, ND may just do it though.

Kicking game wins it for :ut:

:ut: 23

ND 21

This should be an interesting game. It will feature a bad UT O against a bad ND D and a good ND O against a good UT D. I think if UT can hold ND to under 14 points they got a real good shot at winning this one. Of course the flip side is that UT has to at least score 15 in that scenario, which will be a feat in of itself. I kinda think as others that UT is fighting for some respect and even more a bowl game. They got to win 3 out of 4 to go to a bowl!!! That is some motivation, expecially since UT has gone bowling for a bunch of years. Big upset!!!!

UT 17

ND 16

Are you guys serious? ND will probably kick "smokeys" butt too before sending back to Knoxville. UT has come apart at the seams and panicked! :D

If :ut: were playing good football this could be a very good game. The :ut: will keep it close, but so far the offense has not shown enough playmakers to score enough to beat a pretty good ND.

With all their great recruiting and great running backs, why has :ut: not made a concerted effort to run the ball over the past several years? They never seem like they really want to run the ball and they have had some very good running backs in the past 4 - 6 years.

PS - I hope Fulmer does not make as good a choice for their new Offensive Coordinator as Tubberville did with Borges!

Tennessee COULD win ........ since they are not playing at Neyland Stadium. But then I thought Notre Dame's only wins came from teams with losing records. That WOULD describe Tennessee, right? I hope Tennessee wins, I hate the Irish being in the top ten with 2 losses.

As much as I will hate watching ANYONE lose to Notre DA*N...I don't see UT being able to pull this off.

:au::homer:

notre dame is about to drive the nail in a simple fact that me and phil fulmer, and maybe only me and phil, have known from the beginning of the season. if tennessee is rated, no matter what they are rated, or even if they are rated, they were and still are, THE MOST OVER RATED school maybe in the history of college football. i hate notre dame like i hate a rattlesnake, but they are going to give ut people part 5 of their wake up call. i still cannot believe that some people thought ut was good enough to win a national championship. but me and phil have known all along. UT aint got NUTHIN !!!

Fulmer has said he is calling the shots on O so I think ND will see a large dose of the :ut: running backs. Will this result in a win? I'll just say if UT can keep ND under 14 points and have the attitude that they will run the ball at all cost, they can win this one. I am hoping for a SEC win here.

Thugs - 10

Irish - 7

They had enough to beat LSU

if LSU doesnt come out flat in the 2d half, ut gets 60 hung on them. sorry as LSU played in the 2d half, ut still struggled to beat them. UT ain't got NUTHIN !!!

notre dame by 30

Isn't Riggs gone for the year?? ND in a cake walk.

On a completely different note. I had a Florida fan tell me this morning about some comments that Spurrier made after the game Saturday. Florida fans are still transfixed on the ole ball coach. Anyway, no link, just pure gossip here.

He said Spurrier was asked if he knew Peyton Manning was in the stands because of some statue dedication UT made to him that night. Spurrier's response was something to the effect of "Well, he couldn't beat me when I was at Florida, he couldn't beat me in the pros and now his old team can't beat me.... :lol:

Don't have a clue if it's true but it sure sounds very Spurrier-esque. :D

Notre Dame 28

Tennessee 9

Hey damabama, if UT ain't got nothing and the Tide only beat them 6-3, then Bama has what...very little?

yes Riggs is out, but that RFr RB that is starting now is a better RB IMO. Every time I watched UT this year Riggs alwasy seemed to be running hesitantly, but this other guy came in and was hitting the holes better.

I like the fact Phat Phil will be calling the O. Like Scorpion said I think we see a lot more run and ball control. ND has a very bad D. UT has some talent and athletes to win if used correctly. I think everyone sees a different O for UT come Saturday!! I'll stick with my upset. Wilhoit to the rescue!!!!!

UT 17

ND 16

Archived