If we were as classless as Carroll

auwallace

how many points would we score against the likes of Miss. ST., South Carolina, and KY if we left our starters out there until two minutes left in the 4th. We might have hung 60 on spurrier. Not to wish ill will on anyone but one day one of his boys is gonna get hurt late in a 48 pt. game for no reason at all other than to boost his ego. People said spurrier always ran up the score, at least he did it with his backups, that was their offense the fun and gun, Carroll is just being a classless jerk.

Well said and I agree 100%. His day will come. I got a feeling that Carroll is not done trying the NFL and is just biding his time until his next pro opportunity.

I may be wrong, but if our coach had won two consecutive National Championships and was in position with a very good team to win a third, no one would care! We would all be screaming for them to score more points!

I may be wrong, but if our coach had won two consecutive National Championships and was in position with a very good team to win a third, no one would care!  We would all be screaming for them to score more points!

194270[/snapback]

EXACTLY.

Pete doesn't use the proper hair care products, so he will get his just due in time... :blink:

he could still win those championships by only scoring 30, instead of shooting for 55 every game.

194315[/snapback]

Maybe not, We all know how the BCS is screwed up. And the way Texas and Usc have flip-flopped back and forth plus Va tech right on the doorstep. There is pressure on teams to not only win but win big. Not right but true.

he could still win those championships by only scoring 30, instead of shooting for 55 every game.

194315[/snapback]

Maybe not, We all know how the BCS is screwed up. And the way Texas and Usc have flip-flopped back and forth plus Va tech right on the doorstep. There is pressure on teams to not only win but win big. Not right but true.

194321[/snapback]

Actually in USC's case isn't not how they win or who they play, just that they won. It's the one thing that ticked me off so much last year and should tick Bama fans off this year. We had to win big and pretty over everyone we played. USC and OU just had to win. It's a Big Crappy System and I'd rather go back to the bowl tie ins and have 3 undefeted teams than the mockery that is the BCS.

:angry::rant::soapbox:

Exactly. Oklahoma and USC were having to come back all the time last year, while Auburn, for the most part, was blowing out everybody. Another thing that really pisses me off is how USC claims 2 straight national championships.

2003- LSU

2004- USC

It is as simple as that. If they want to friggin use this BCS system, why not go by the rules!? Honestly, why isn't Auburn being referred to as National Champions instead of just SEC Champions? We didn't win the BCS, but neither did USC in 2003. ;) Don't even get me going.

how many points would we score against the likes of Miss. ST., South Carolina, and KY if we left our starters out there until two minutes left in the 4th.  We might have hung 60 on spurrier.

194256[/snapback]

This question is easy we would score 70+ like I do on NCAA 06' :D

The SEC has one problem and that is that none of our Schools are located in Los Angeles or the upper east coast.

We take our football serious and have led in attendance every year in our conference.

USC cant even fill there stadium and they have a National Championship. And all those people in the LA area.

That is what pisses me off the most.

If they had to deal with a rolling 2 hour electricity blackout they would be getting sympathy and the news media would talk about what an ordeal they had been through.

I am stuck out here( Bay Area ) with these California wussies and their wine tasting and their liberal stinking views on everything.

Makes me sick. I cant tell you how much i am pulling for Cal. to beat USC.

I just dont want them to make it to the Rose Bowl this year.

The SEC needs to start standing up and using their power or what happenned to you guys last year is going to happen again. USC knows the rules but they dont have to play by them.

Except when they go against them like in our year ( LSU ) and we have to put up with them declaring themselves National Champions. And the bias media is in bed with them.

I am glad Tommy Tubberville had the courage to stand up and say what he did about ESPN and the sports media. I wish he had said it last year and declared it after the Sugar Bowl like that classless Pete Carroll did in 03.

Exactly. Oklahoma and USC were having to come back all the time last year, while Auburn, for the most part, was blowing out everybody. Another thing that really pisses me off is how USC claims 2 straight national championships.

2003- LSU

2004- USC

It is as simple as that. If they want to friggin use this BCS system, why not go by the rules!? Honestly, why isn't Auburn being referred to as National Champions instead of just SEC Champions? We didn't win the BCS, but neither did USC in 2003. ;) Don't even get me going.

194389[/snapback]

USC won a share of the 2003 NC, the AP portion, correct??? Did we win the AP title last year? People's Choice is not the same as the AP.

USC basically looks bored playing most of the teams (exception: 2005 ND game) only to decide to play the second half of the football games. The result is still a blowout. Geez, give credit where credit is due. I really didn't think much of Carroll after his NFL career. To his credit he has done an amazing job. Remember he had to replace his OC and several assistants this year, and have yet to miss a beat. We replaced 1 assistant in 2003 and fell flat on our face, even with CONSIDERABLE FUTURE NFL TALENT. Carroll has built a very good program.

USC won a share of the 2003 NC, the AP portion, correct??? Did we win the AP title last year? People's Choice is not the same as the AP.

USC basically looks bored playing most of the teams (exception: 2005 ND game) only to decide to play the second half of the football games. The result is still a blowout. Geez, give credit where credit is due. I really didn't think much of Carroll after his NFL career. To his credit he has done an amazing job. Remember he had to replace his OC and several assistants this year, and have yet to miss a beat. We replaced 1 assistant in 2003 and fell flat on our face, even with CONSIDERABLE FUTURE NFL TALENT. Carroll has built a very good program.

that has nothing to do with him being a classless jerk, he has built an amazing program but the way he leaves his starters in til the end just to run up the score is ridiculous. Bob Stoops used to do the same thing.

AP Portion.. Yes they did. But I have one question. Why have the BCS, If one can still be a national champion by getting the AP votes? It would be best that they say' USC, 2003 AP Poll champion, 2004 National Champion' :)

Anyway. I agree though, that USC has a great program. But, if you live anywhere west of Texas, the best players for the MOST part, are going to go to USC, so they usually get their pick. I wish we were stuck in that situation.

Archived