Darby Doesn't Think It Will Be Too Difficult

mattd

http://www.al.com/sports/mobileregister/in...0840.xml&coll=3

Still, Darby likes his team's chances of making the running game go on Saturday in Auburn.

"I don't think it'll be too difficult," Darby said. "If we just come out and play, fire off the ball and just hit them before they hit us and run hard like we've been doing all year, I don't think it should be that hard.

Talk about lack of respect....Hope this finds it's way to the D Line's Bulleting board

Darby needs to find the endzone before he starts talking about difficulty running the ball vs other teams.

198205[/snapback]

Exactly what I was thinking...When was the last time this guy found the end zone against a SEC team? The Ole Miss game? LOL!

"Sure enough Auburn's a good defense. Yeah, they have a great defense, but we've played against some great defenses: LSU, Tennessee and those type guys."

I find that funny because as of this past weekend, neither of the two teams listed were in the top 5 in scoring defense and we are ranked 2 behind LSU in rushing defense.

I played against this guy in high school and he was cocky as he is now. I can't wait for Travis or Kevin to light his world up and show him what a "good" defense can do.

I played against this guy in high school and he was cocky as he is now.  I can't wait for Travis or Kevin to light his world up and show him what a "good" defense can do.

198223[/snapback]

Same here, what school did you go to?

Grissom High in Huntsville.

Just looked up the new scoring defense rankings and LSU took over at #4 but that's only because they played Bama.

198228[/snapback]

What year? I had three daughters graduate from Grissom.

Darby, the FORMER leading rusher in the SEC :D , is probably right. We do not stand much of a chance at stopping that powerful uat offense. I guess that TJ-The Predator-Williams& Williams, etc... will all show up anyway and try to, at least, make a game of it. ;)

Grissom High in Huntsville.

Just looked up the new scoring defense rankings and LSU took over at #4 but that's only because they played Bama.

198228[/snapback]

Huntsville High over here.... B)

it's on tigerland.com.....but you get the gist of it....he's already running his mouth...I hope some more of them mouth off and get the defense fired up..a little bit like they were against USC

This should be prime bulletin board material for the AU Defense.

Hope Darby has the same kind of game he had against Grissom his Senior Year where he fumbled at the goal line costing Butler the game and Huntsville City Championship.

Also, I am proud to say I was there watching BGoodTiger and his teammates send both Darby and Ramsey Robinson to UAT as losers as they have been ever since against Auburn.

BTW....Happy Birthday BGoodTiger...21 next Wednesday

Still, Darby likes his team's chances of making the running game go on Saturday in Auburn

"I don't think it'll be too difficult," Darby said. "If we just come out and play, fire off the ball and just hit them before they hit us and run hard like we've been doing all year, I don't think it should be that hard.

"Sure enough Auburn's a good defense. Yeah, they have a great defense, but we've played against some great defenses: LSU, Tennessee and those type guys."

I'm not going to take the angle of "he should not have said that"(although I do think it was stupid to say), but for an offense that has been struggling since IF Tyrone got hurt and only averages about 150 yards a game rushing, what makes him think It won't be that hard to run against our D :huh: .

http://www.al.com/sports/mobileregister/in...0840.xml&coll=3

Personally, I think he shoud just shut his mouth and play. It should be a good game for a few minutes; until we outscore Bama's offense with out first TD. :D

I do believe the original title of this thread was just Darby doesnt think.

198240[/snapback]

Hey, he admits it himself:
I don't think we've beaten them since I've been here," said Tide junior tailback Ken Darby.
Seems like he'd remember games against his biggest rival with certainty, but I can understand trying to forget.

I do believe the original title of this thread was just Darby doesnt think.

198240[/snapback]

Hey, he admits it himself:
I don't think we've beaten them since I've been here," said Tide junior tailback Ken Darby.
Seems like he'd remember games against his biggest rival with certainty, but I can understand trying to forget.

198413[/snapback]

This weekend is going to be one they will want to forget. :big::poke:

Weird, the article you link says that the Tide is over the loss, yet the Huntsvegas Times says that they are "finding it hard to shake the effects of the LSU loss."

This is why I have no faith in the Alabama press.

Paul Gattis - Huntsvegas Hack

198198[/snapback]

I heard a little of Finebaum this afternoon and Cecil Hurt, Tuscaloosa Newspaper, said the same thing.

more darby

"Frustrated that we really didn't get our job done (against LSU)," he said. "Knowing we could have won that game easily. And anger, in that so many folks were doubting us and in a way you could say we kind of proved them right that we were going to lose, which we knew we shouldn't have lost.

"The doubters and the frustrations from losing to LSU, just going into this game, it all just builds onto each other. I guess a big bomb is going to go off Saturday."

the rest of the article

http://www.al.com/sports/mobileregister/in...4540.xml&coll=3

he will be a madman on the field, we stop him we win

Archived