Fiesta Bowl

rexbo

From Ivan Maisel's 3 point stance (link is on ESPN's College page)

ESPN

Tuesday, November 22

1. Fiesta Bowl officials, in their weekly Sunday night conference call, seriously discussed inviting Auburn to play Notre Dame instead of Ohio State or Oregon. But once the Tigers only rose to 10th in the latest BCS Standings, well behind the No. 6 Buckeyes and the No. 7 Ducks, that becomes a much harder sell.

2. Big 12 commissioner Kevin Weiberg sounded surprised Monday at the number of replays (88 in 70 games) that his conference has reviewed this season. What I've noticed is officials, out of caution, all but asking to be reviewed. If some of these guys marked the ball any slower, they could call delay of game on themselves.

3. DeAngelo Williams of Memphis must rush for 129 yards against Marshall to beat Washington State's Jerome Harrison in the Division I-A rushing race -- maybe. If the Tigers (5-5) get a bowl bid, then Williams would have to maintain his lead, and against a better defense than Marshall (153.7 rushing yards per game).

From Ivan Maisel's 3 point stance (link is on ESPN's College page)

ESPN

Tuesday, November 22

1. Fiesta Bowl officials, in their weekly Sunday night conference call, seriously discussed inviting Auburn to play Notre Dame instead of Ohio State or Oregon. But once the Tigers only rose to 10th in the latest BCS Standings, well behind the No. 6 Buckeyes and the No. 7 Ducks, that becomes a much harder sell.

2. Big 12 commissioner Kevin Weiberg sounded surprised Monday at the number of replays (88 in 70 games) that his conference has reviewed this season. What I've noticed is officials, out of caution, all but asking to be reviewed. If some of these guys marked the ball any slower, they could call delay of game on themselves.

3. DeAngelo Williams of Memphis must rush for 129 yards against Marshall to beat Washington State's Jerome Harrison in the Division I-A rushing race -- maybe. If the Tigers (5-5) get a bowl bid, then Williams would have to maintain his lead, and against a better defense than Marshall (153.7 rushing yards per game).

200730[/snapback]

other than arky beating lsu, what would help us more in the polls? lsu or ga winning the sec championship game...

...playing nd would be great! maybe something will happen this week (arkansas beating lsu) to make it happen.

Guest Tigrinum Major
...playing nd would be great!  maybe something will happen this week (arkansas beating lsu) to make it happen.

200741[/snapback]

That would not help this particular scenario. That would put us in the SECCG and hopefully the Sugar if we win the rematch with UGA. Lose the rematch and we probably still end up in the Cap One.

Archived