What does it do to the Big12 if

CarolinaTiger

would that not be a hoot?

while i doubt it'll happen, if it did, the Big12 has to lose all credibility, especially given how noncompetitive their championship games were the past 2 years.

further, what does it say about the PAC10 when no one can challenge a good USC team, but they were pushed to the limit by 2 of their non-conference games, including an FSU team that finished w/ a loss to nevada.... If Oregon and UCLA are #2 and #3, then you gotta question that conference as well.

finally, the ACC has finally joined the world of the SEC...where teams beat up on each other throughout the regular season, and its hard to produce an unblemished champion. when it DOES happen, you know that team is something special....

war eagle.

ct

No it would suck :no:

I think everyone knows anyway that the Big 12 is not all it was cracked up to be. I'm a huge Texas fan and after the OSU win and the OU loss to TCU I knew we were in the Rose. That it would take a complete lapse and the worst coaching ever to lose a game in that conference. It still amazes me how quickly Nebraska, Colorado, and K-State collapsed.

Sometimes with USC you have to wonder if they get bored though. THe amount of talent they have and the coaching is excellent. I played for a really strong team for 3 years in my sport and we had that problem. We would get bored and then in the middle of the game it was like OK lets put this away, and then teams of equal level or rivals we performed very well like we knew how.

I agree the ACC is shaping into a really good conference for football. They have some really good teams and the difference between them and the next level is not that much different.

Let's see... IF two years in a row, the two "best" teams from the Big 12 play in their conference championship, resulting in a total rout by the winner...who goes on to face USC in the national championship game, resulting in a total rout by USC...

Yeah, that would mean something to me.

Don't forget Fresno St also lost its conference championship to La Tech. No way this Texas team gets blown out by USC. I think this is shaping up to be one of the best NC games of all time. Talent wise these two are tops in the country. I'm with ya EE, I think Texas wins this one with a better D. Yes they gave up 28 to Okie St and 29 to A&M, but they have a better D than USC. They will be able to stop USC more than USC can stop them. IMO.

No way this Texas team gets blown out by USC.  I think this is shaping up to be one of the best NC games of all time.  Talent wise these two are tops in the country. 

Deja vu all over again

I don't know if its Deja-vu. But USC has failed to put up more than 21 points on a Chizik defense. He holds them to 21 a third time then Texas wins.

Now if all sudden USC throws in the Booty kid and starts running the option though, then Texas might be dunfor as that has always killed Chizik lol.

Something that will get lost is the fact that Chizik has seen USC's offense up close and personal.

Something else that has been lost. Is Norm Chow that good an OC or is it the talent?

it does seem like deja vu to me as well. the media has been shoving this down our throats since BEFORE day one of the season. now? i actually heard two people (one an announcer, one a studio analyst) say that this is a "dream matchup" and that we were about to see a "game for the ages."

wait... didn't i hear this same crap last year. mel kiper saying no two teams in the past ten years had this amount of talent (in reference to last year's game). must have been tough for mel a few months later having to eat his words while watching tiger after tiger go in the first round, and all that came after watching one of the worst title games in history.

i think texas can beat them. i personally think texas SHOULD beat them. you have a GREAT game changer at safety, a solid linebacker corp, and a great dline. plus texas has the best offense usc's seen all year (notre dame included). they have running backs (who by the way, remind me on uga's three. none of them are as great as folks would like to believe, but together, they are a very productive group). they have big receivers, and they have the most dynamic player in the game. yeah, reggie bush included.

however, i'm not buying all this "game of the century," most talented title game of the decade, dream matchup crap. personally, i think there are AT LEAST 4 or 5 team with just as much overall talent b/c usc has MAYBE two guys who could start for auburn's defense. until i see a great game, i'll remain a skeptic.

The Big One, little eleven stinks on ice. How much more damage can you do to its reputation??? :P

I personally hope texas gets pummeled so that I don't have to listen to Mac Brown talk for another year!!! Squinty eyed bastage!!!

:au::homer:

1) I like Chizik.

2) I hope :sc: lays 50 on Texas just so some real team can finally get into the BCS game next year. I am starting to hate the Big 12.

if SC wins by 20, then i don't think a B12 team gets anywhere near the top 5 next year when the first rankings come out.

if UT wins by any amount, then where does Chizek go as a HC? A&M??

finally:

what bothers me a ton is that we have a game that needs ZERO hype, but it will be hyped out the wazzoo for no reason whatsoever.

let it be what it is, and don't treat it as some misguided validation of 'the system'.

ct

No way do I want USC to win. I am so tired of hearing and seeing (every time I have gone to espn.com there's a *^&%^ pic of Leinart and/or Bush). I am so sick of the Pac10 homers hanging their hats on USC and using that as an argument for as the Pac 10 being all that. I even hope OU takes Oregon to the woodshed.

I want Texas to win and win big...not necessarily hanging 50 on them, but shutting down their O holding them to 30 or less would be great. 41-28 victory would be great.

I have a feeling about this game, just like I did with the SEC Championship. Therefore, since my psychic abilities have not failed me yet, I believe USC will win by 21, and Vince Young will have a Texas A&Mish type game.

Not having a dog in the fight, I'm gonna' sit back and hopefully watch a classic. These are two big time teams. I wouldn't be too quick to dismiss USC's defense though. They have a real bad habit of rising up and stuffing opponents when they need to. I really thought UCLA would put up some points on them this weekend but they got smoked from the coin toss.

I didn't think the Bruins had a chance to win but I thought they would put up 25-30 on the board. But, if it does get into a track meet, I think USC has more weapons.

I'm not a USC lover but I hope they blow Texas away. UT is the bama of Texas and I'm sick of them running up the score on people.

I do not want to see him get hurt, but if Vince Young were injured early in the game, I am not sure if Texas would generate much offense. I think it will be a good competitive game.

actually, texas is the highest scoring team in the nation i believe. and usc's defense is garbage. i don't care if you buck up and play a good game against your rival. that doesn't make you good, and it doesn't erase the 40+ fresno state (who lost to nevada and la tech to close out their three game losing streak), it doesn't erase the embarrassing play of your secondary all season long.

if texas doesn't score on them, almost at will, then they're playing a really bad game or the coaches are doing a bad job. they scored almost 30 on ohio state right? that's another team that there are MAYBE one or two guys on sc's defense that could start at osu. plus, texas has an atypical offensive attack where the qb is the biggest running threat. usc will struggle with that.

Archived