LSU Shafted

PChamp119

Another reason how I feel the Championship games can punish the losers way too much. An SEC top 10 team not even in a January bowl. Alabama should be in Atlanta... Well I guess Florida lucked out as well. But if Russell is going to be out for the bowl game, then it may turn out OK.

who cares? if your lsu, you think there's a huge difference between playing on new year's eve at night against the U or playing in the afternoon the following day against michigan? no. you get to play a prominent national recognized opponent with a big payout and some extra days of practice. are they better than florida? yeah. are they better than bama? yeah. but seriously, i'd rather be in the peach bowl than the cotton for sure and maybe the peach over the outback this year (the U is 9-2, UM is 7-4).

auburn got the shaft. we're better than ND and OSU, but i understand why OSU is an automatic (the notre dame in the top 6 exception is a load of crap) and i understand why ND would be picked over any other team in the nation (ratings). the bad part for us is this: WE'RE PLAYING WISCONSIN! i talked to one of our senior starting linebackers last night and he said, and i quote: "it's not an exciting team to play, but we'll be ready if we get them." at least lsu and florida have someone that excites the players.

Even Spurrier said LSU got the shaft, but had they taken care of business it might be moot or UGA would have likely got the shaft...I will say that LSU vs. Miami is one of the most intriguing match-ups for the bowl games outside of the Rose Bowl.

LSU played like dogs. Watching the replay on CSS, Vincent missed a huge hole on the Left of the line, and instead ran smack into the arms of the GA D. That plus the stupid penaties, no wonder they got stuffed.

I am a huge BullPuppy hater..... BUT!!!!

After reading all the whining on the LSU boards about Auburn getting all the "LOVE" in the media.....................

:moon:

:roflol::rolleyes::roflol:

Congrats UGA......for being the second best, yet SEC CHAMPS..... ;)

31-30

Richt is a classy guy and I am happy for him and the puppies to have beaten the corndogs. Maybe now we will not have to listen to their non stop crying for another year.

BUT, Auburn is ranked the highest of all SEC Teams for a reason.....We deserve it! :au:

WARTIM...... Right on the money!!! I like Richt, just not UGA.

It is great to see LSWhoo get it in the gut after all the "Auburn whining" that they let out after Arkansas. :)

LSU played like dogs.  Watching the replay on CSS, Vincent missed a huge hole on the Left of the line, and instead ran smack into the arms of the GA D. That plus the stupid penaties, no wonder they got stuffed.

203498[/snapback]

I agree. If LSU "got the shaft" then it was self-administered. Same goes with Va Tech. They both proved to the entire nation that they didn't want to win their conference championship bad enough. They were content to just get there. I guess maybe they thought the media pollsters or the BCS computer rankings were going to help them win. LOL! Congrats to UGA & FSU for being hungry enough to want to fight for their championships. :thumbsup:

LSU got shafted just like Auburn in 97, at least they are playing a team with a pulse. What is the Outback Bowl's deal, why are they so in love with SEC EAST teams?

they didn't get the shaft completely. They do have a better matchup then we do. I'd rather play Miami but I do like going to Orlando for the Cap 1 bowl.

Even Spurrier said LSU got the shaft, but had they taken care of business it might be moot or UGA would have likely got the shaft...I will say that LSU vs. Miami is one of the most intriguing match-ups for the bowl games outside of the Rose Bowl.

203465[/snapback]

Any word on JaMarcus? What are the chances his shoulder will be back in one piece by then? That could be a tough draw going against UM's defense without him. Good luck to ya'll, hope he manages to make it back.

:nanner::au::nanner:

Yes and after seeing a game where the "mighty" corndogs didn't win because the opponent had missed field goals, it was nice to feel the world once again right itself on its axis.

I know it's been righted because as I sip my caffeinated beverage this morning and scan the morning fishwrapper I see that the Auburn Tigers are the highest ranked SEC team in all the land. :)

Speaking of rankings, I was listening to our local sports talk guy this morning and he was going off on a rant about Frank Solich and the way he voted in the polls.

Note: No link. I'm just quoting the morning sports talk show of Phil Paramore, Talking Sports, in Dothan. If anyone has a link to the polls and how the coaches voted, I'd appreciate posting it(Cause' I don't know how :big: )

Anyway, he says Solich voted LSU #5 while UGA was #15. He has Bama at #10 with Auburn at #13. :huh:

Paramore kept saying that this was definitely the vote AFTER this weekend.

Speaking of rankings, I was listening to our local sports talk guy this morning and he was going off on a rant about Frank Solich and the way he voted in the polls. 

Note: No link. I'm just quoting the morning sports talk show of Phil Paramore, Talking Sports, in Dothan.  If anyone has a link to the polls and how the coaches voted, I'd appreciate posting it(Cause' I don't know how :big: )

Anyway, he says Solich voted LSU #5 while UGA was #15.  He has Bama at #10 with Auburn at #13.  :huh:

Paramore kept saying that this was definitely the vote AFTER this weekend.

203559[/snapback]

WOW. I guess the hangover hasn't worn off yet.

I haven't heard that, but it would be a travesty to know that coaches are voting without using Chaser after the weekend parties...

Archived