What does CTT have to do

Aubie7

I say:

1) Win the bowl - No big revelation here is there? However, this is one of those "must win" games, and we sometime seem to drool on ourselves and not come through in them.

2) Win the bowl game BIG TIME! No messing around, letting back-ups in the game in the third quarter (if we are even ahead at this time). Auburn needs to win by three touchdowns, at least. No last minute gift TD's for the badgers either. Don't sit on a lead in the second half. Just stick to the game plan and execute the plays. SCORE!!

3) Bring our Sadler Trophy with the AU Band and tell the Badger Band to "kiss this"!

Coach Tuberville needs only to keep doing what he has been doing. :au::cheer:

Auburn under Tuberville is 53-7 against teams with the same or lesser win pct than Auburn, so he has won 88% of the games he should have.

Record against Top Ten Opponents:

Jordan: 15-28-0

Barfield: 0-6-1

Dye: 11-15-2

Bowden: 4-8-0

Tuberville: 12-10-0

Pct of games against Top Ten Teams:

Jordan: 16.2%

Barfield: 12.7%

Dye: 19.7%

Bowden: 17.1%

Tuberville: 25.6%

This is not a top-ten we are playing in Orlando. They are a 4th place team, in their league. The stats don't matter, because we should win. My thoughts are that we have to win big to impress the voters and computer. If UGAly wins, they will be 11-2, and would/could jump us. There are several others teams with similar records, that are in bigger games than Auburn. If they win out, we could be passed on again and drop as far as #10, even with a bowl win. That is why I am saying that this game is no time for sympathy for a retiring coach. CTT needs to drop the hammer and drop it big! Don't let up after one quarter, if he is able to do so. We need to make it so bad that the cheeseheads don't even want to stay around to watch their band after the game (A tradition for them).

Auburn under Tuberville is 53-7 against teams with the same or lesser win pct than Auburn, so he has won 88% of the games he should have.

203663[/snapback]

Let me venture to guess here...at least 10 of that 12% can be attributed to Arkansas and his 1 slip up against the tahd in '01.

:o

To keep us a top team, OVERALL for the forseeable future. Keep recruiting solid kids. Keep great assisitants around him, including Chett. Let the assistants do what they're hired to do.

Oh yea, and HIRE A SPECIAL TEAMS COACH!!! :P

I say:

1) Win the bowl - No big revelation here is there? However, this is one of those "must win" games, and we sometime seem to drool on nourselves and not come through in them.

203656[/snapback]

Have you watched Auburn football since 2003? You can't say we haven't come through in the games we needed to.

I say:

1) Win the bowl - No big revelation here is there? However, this is one of those "must win" games, and we sometime seem to drool on nourselves and not come through in them.

203656[/snapback]

Have you watched Auburn football since 2003? You can't say we haven't come through in the games we needed to.

203676[/snapback]

Jared, please remember that "Mr. Negativity" can find something, always, to complain about. (Real or imagined) ;)

I'll admit we came out and "drooled on ourselves" during the Ga Tech game. Thats the one game we slipped up in the past 2 years.

But considering how many big games we've played over the past 2 years that had significance nationally, i can excuse one.

Of course we know we won every game last year...and i'd say the wins that had big time national attention were...

1. Tennessee

2. Georgia

3. Sugar Bowl

And this year we had...

1. Tech (that was a bad one)

2. LSU

3. Georgia

4. Alabama

We didn't win at LSU, but you can not blame that on the coaches. The team was well-prepared and we played very well. Its not like we went out there and just laid down and took a beating.

So of the past 7 games that were do or die in terms of how that rest of the nation views us, we are 5 of 7, with one being an overtime loss in the other teams stadium.

Not too bad i'd say.

I just think that to finish in the top-five, as we all want to do, we have to win this game in a big way. BC needs to thrown for 200+, KI needs 100+ rushing, a shutout for the Defense would be nice, a blocked punt (of course there will be no punt return yards to worry with) would look good, and 35+ points for the Tigers may push us into the top five.

Looking at the final poll:

USC and Texas will finish 1-2 either way, maybe one will drop to 3rd

Ohio St and ND loser will fall back of top-five

IF Penn St. loses, they fall to 4- 7, maybe

ND loses and they fall to around 9

If Auburn loses, they fall to 12 or lower

Georgia is still up there and with a win has one more win than us, even if we win

I'm with you War Tim! Just keep on keeping on! By the way, we are beginning to sound like the Turds and I DON'T LIKE IT! Guys, we have a top ten program right before our eyes each year and we have a program that many of those "others" would like to copy. Things are going to get better and better each year for us and for Auburn so lets just quit "analyzing everthing to death" and enjoy the moment" I suppse for the young Whippersnappers that is not possible.... but for us old timers who lived through the 70's it is a joy. :big:

I disagree with those that say that :au: needs to win big. As long as CTT and the Tigers win the game, :au: will be ranked in the Preseason Top 5 next season. People will realize how much of this team is coming back and how scary good they can be.

With that said...

I believe :au: will win by 17+. If you look at that games our defense gave struggled in(Tech, LSU, UK, and UGA) all of those teams have an extremely mobile QB. Stocco is not mobile; in fact, he's more like Croyle. Gibbs and the Tigers will put forth another defensive game ala the Iron Bowl(minus the 11 sacks).

No team has stopped :au: from moving the ball on offense. Only Tech and LSU gave us problems in the red zone which ultimately stopped an undefeated season. Can the Badgers stop this offense? Can they slow this offense down? HAH!!

AU-34

WIS-13

I thought you meant for next year and the future, my response was "give Borges a raise, before some other head coach grabs him", but that applies for this bowl season too...

3) Bring our Sadler Trophy with the AU Band and tell the Badger Band to "kiss this"!

203656[/snapback]

It's the Sudler Trophy and what's wrong with the Wisconsin band?

I've seen multiple people screaming on various boards to run up the score, don't let the back-ups play.

To keep us in the top 5 next year those back-ups need to play. Oklahoma is a perfect example that playing starters and running up the score comes back to haunt you.

I disagree with those that say that  :au: needs to win big.  As long as CTT and the Tigers win the game,  :au: will be ranked in the Preseason Top 5 next season.  People will realize how much of this team is coming back and how scary good they can be.

With that said...

I believe  :au: will win by 17+.  If you look at that games our defense gave struggled in(Tech, LSU, UK, and UGA) all of those teams have an extremely mobile QB.  Stocco is not mobile; in fact, he's more like Croyle.  Gibbs and the Tigers will put forth another defensive game ala the Iron Bowl(minus the 11 sacks). 

No team has stopped  :au: from moving the ball on offense.  Only Tech and LSU gave us problems in the red zone which ultimately stopped an undefeated season.  Can the Badgers stop this offense? Can they slow this offense down? HAH!!

AU-34

WIS-13

203755[/snapback]

1. Preseason rankings mean a hill of beans. Reference - 2003 Auburn Tigers (preseason #1, finished 8-5), Alabama Crimson Tide 2000 (preseason #3, finished 3-8), 2005 Tennessee Volunteers (preseason #3, finished 5-6). If this hasn't taught us a lesson the past couple of seasons, then it never will. Rankings shouldn't come out until Oct. 1.

A win will secure us a spot in the top 10. I don't believe that the top 5 is even possible unless a whole slew of teams lose above us. We have a great program and had a pretty great year. Top 10 is wonderful and we have next year to look forward to. Stop complaining everyone!

2. I'd venture to say that GT really didn't give us that much trouble on defense. We allowed one TD on the opening drive and a second TD later in the 1st half. Six of the other 9 points that they scored came from the 5 Auburn turnovers in the 2nd half. Our defense really only gave up 17 points, which isn't that bad considering it was week one versus a ranked opponent from a real conference. Had we played WKU or Ball State in Week 1 and saved GT for later in the season, we're 10-1 right now. Scheduling a powderpuff in Week 1 is a good idea.

3. Auburn's receivers dropped so many passes against LSU that it cost us the game. They're a great group of guys - don't get me wrong. Everyone has a bad game at some point, and that was theirs as a group.

...and for those that will comment on the obvious, championship teams don't rely on a kicker to win the game for them. John Vaughn had a terrible game as well, but if you rely on a kicker to get you W's, you're not a top 10 team. Period.

4. I agree with you on your prediction of the game. I don't think Tuberville will run the score up, nor do I think he needs to. Auburn's defense had better be ready for Brian Calhoun though...the kid is good.

WDE :au:

all we need to do is win. the rest is just chance. if oregon loses to oklahoma then we'll move up. if penn state loses to florida state then we'll move up. if we win, we'll move passed the loser of osu/nd. that's all we can do.

the rest has nothing to do with tubby or how much we win by or how much our second string plays, and it's a little silly to say otherwise b/c like most have pointed out, we're supposed to beat wisconsin. it's not like this is a big upset that could move us way up. it's just another game that we need to go out and win.

If you look at that games our defense gave struggled in(Tech, LSU, UK, and UGA) all of those teams have an extremely mobile QB. 

Woodson for UK is pretty slow. That was just a game where we put in reserve players in the second half who gave up a ton of yardage.

203656[/snapback]

It's the Sudler Trophy and what's wrong with the Wisconsin band?

203770[/snapback]

When we played them in Nashville, all they talked about was their band. Almost all of the 10,000 plus dressed in red walked by where we were tailgating after the game. Almost every group made some rude, crude, or distasteful remark about the Auburn band. Things like: "Your high school band sucked", "Why don't you have a real band", "Piece of $h!T band of yours", etc. Nothing about their football team. In the days leading up to the game, all we heard around town and events was "Our band" this and "Our band" that! We kept reminding them that we came to play football and not to watch a marching band festival. The Auburn band was great and we all know that. Now that we have the "Sudler" Trophy, they can stick it in their ear! It is my understanding that they have not won it.

I've seen multiple people screaming on various boards to run up the score, don't let the back-ups play.

To keep us in the top 5 next year those back-ups need to play.  Oklahoma is a perfect example that playing starters and running up the score comes back to haunt you.

203802[/snapback]

The back-ups have bowl practice and Spring to get better. I didn't see Texas or USC pulling any punches last week. That is why they stayed #1 and #2 all year.

Run it up, IF we can. :au:

Not really concerned about "running up the score", which is a totally classless suggestion. Coach Tuberville has far too much class for that to even be considered. Simply WIN the game. That is enough. :au:

1. Preseason rankings mean a hill of beans. Reference - 2003 Auburn Tigers (preseason #1, finished 8-5), Alabama Crimson Tide 2000 (preseason #3, finished 3-8), 2005 Tennessee Volunteers (preseason #3, finished 5-6). If this hasn't taught us a lesson the past couple of seasons, then it never will. Rankings shouldn't come out until Oct. 1.

A win will secure us a spot in the top 10. I don't believe that the top 5 is even possible unless a whole slew of teams lose above us. We have a great program and had a pretty great year. Top 10 is wonderful and we have next year to look forward to. Stop complaining everyone!

2. I'd venture to say that GT really didn't give us that much trouble on defense. We allowed one TD on the opening drive and a second TD later in the 1st half. Six of the other 9 points that they scored came from the 5 Auburn turnovers in the 2nd half. Our defense really only gave up 17 points, which isn't that bad considering it was week one versus a ranked opponent from a real conference. Had we played WKU or Ball State in Week 1 and saved GT for later in the season, we're 10-1 right now. Scheduling a powderpuff in Week 1 is a good idea.

3. Auburn's receivers dropped so many passes against LSU that it cost us the

game. They're a great group of guys - don't get me wrong. Everyone has a bad game at some point, and that was theirs as a group.

...and for those that will comment on the obvious, championship teams don't rely on a kicker to win the game for them. John Vaughn had a terrible game as well, but if you rely on a kicker to get you W's, you're not a top 10 team. Period.

4. I agree with you on your prediction of the game. I don't think Tuberville will run the score up, nor do I think he needs to. Auburn's defense had better be ready for Brian Calhoun though...the kid is good.

WDE  :au:

1. I totally agree that preseason rankings are poo, but fact is that we were given the shaft in '04 b/c of the preseason rankings. I think you have to prepare for the future rankings as much as you can if you wanna make a NC run.

If the Rose Bowl is a blowout the loser could fall out of the Top 5. Also the loser of the Feista Bowl will fall out of the Top 5. :au: still has a shot.

2. Your correct Tech didn't give us too much trouble. Auburn hurt itself by not getting the calls in fast enough. The players weren't lined up in the right spots and the defense struggled in this sense.

3. Our receivers dropped many passes, but LSU's receivers dropped many, as well. Coverage wasn't good after Russell broke contain, but you can't really expect it to be.

Not really concerned about "running up the score", which is a totally classless suggestion. Coach Tuberville has far too much class for that to even be considered. Simply WIN the game. That is enough. :au:

203896[/snapback]

Running up the score is classless? Well, I guess it hasn't helped Texas, or USC. Especially USC the last three years. I guess it has nothing to do with us not makig the BCS last year either? Not "running up the score" nearly cost us the Sugar Bowl and UAT game last year, not to mention many others over the years. It is one thing to "run it up" on a Western Kentucky, which we do/can not, but it is entirely different when you have a chance to put a Division I opponent cleanly away in the second half and not hope to hold on at the end. Fans are alread talking baout next year and getting off to a good start. If we trash UW and do it "classy" then we need to do it. I am not talking baout BC going to a 2-minute offense while ahead by 3 TD's with a minute to go. I would run the ball and let them try to stop us.

Face it, high scores get press. The press control the polls, and the polls control the bowls.

USC isn't going to be very deep next year, because they did what they did this year and last. Bush is most likely going Pro, and Leinart's gone.. They only got where they got with their offense, and next year there offense is gone. Lendale White, and I can't remember any other names. Anyone know there backup QB's name? Only thing I know is his number is 10 .. I think that's what I saw.? Yeah it's John David Booty #10

I know how ya'll like links so:

Link: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/roster?teamId=30

I wouldn't mind starting another home-and-home with usc next season - wonder if there is any way that fourth to-be-announced OOC game next fall could work into a trip out west, with a return game the following year? Everyone forgets how close the game out there in cali was in 2002. Auburn started true freshmen at the receivers, and was basically one decent pregame meal away from winning it. Carnell Williams was too nervous to eat before the game, and was hobbled by cramps in the second half, when he could have put the game away by keep-on-keeping-on - he already had two 20+ yard TD runs.

Archived