Smelley Link?

SCWarEagle

I know the title is funny, but I'm looking for a link for the Smelley announcement. I work at a TV station in SC, and we're trying to get this in my 6 PM (Eastern) show. Need some confirmation. Thanks in advance.

Thanks, David. We got it on the air, and I got some props. We were the only ones to get that on in Charleston tonight. SCOOP!

OBC now has Mitchell, who played pretty well this season, a true freshman named Cade Thompson who Spurrier is pretty high on, and now Smelley. The main reason Thompson didn't get any PT this year is because he's too skinny, and they didn't want him to get killed.

The Gamecocks are going to be looking pretty good in the QB dept., but I guess that really shouldn't come as a shock with CSS calling the shots.

I find it interesting that I've seen a few Bama fans (a FEW, I say, by no means all or even most!) saying that even though he's committed to Spurrier, if Tebow goes elsewhere the Tide will still offer Smelley and he'll come running back to T-Town.

Now, the reason I find it interesting is that I would consider it rather unethical of a recruit to break a committment after making such a public media event of announcing it. [And I think Smelley has more intergrity than that.]

But for these particular Bama fans, they apparently have no problem with a kid going back on his word if it brings him to Bama. Yet they would scream bloody murder if it went the other way, i.e., a kid making a big public announcement for Bama then switching to another school later. I'm sure there would be all sorts of accusations of unethical "recruit rustling" by the other school as well as slurs on the kid's integrity.

[ultimately, of course, nothing is set in stone until the name is on the dotted line.]

I actually had a uater tell me today "Just think, IF we didn't already have brodie, WE could have gotten Cox! ! !"...To which I replied:"A) So, you ADMIT Brandon is a BETTER qb? and B) By the same token, Demeco Ryans was a HUGE AU fan and CRIED when AU didn't offer!" :lol::lol::lol:

You just gotta' love those uaters! ;)

Just looked at the picture of Smelley on the Gamecock site...that kid couldn't go to Bamar...he has no mullet!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

:au::homer:

I actually had a uater tell me today  "Just think, IF we didn't already have brodie, WE could have gotten Cox! ! !"

205031[/snapback]

No way. bammar didn't even talk to Cox because nasal man fran was after an "option" style QB. Glad that worked out for them. :big:

Archived