We can officially put to bed the ACC/SEC talk

BamaGrad03

You know if this had been the other way around, the commentators would be talking about how the ACC is the premier conference now, especially with the addition of Miami and Virginia Tech.

That loss to Mizzou really hurts tho. Big XII got a big one on us.

Let's not forget the GT game earlier this season. :puke: I still think the SEC is the BEST conference in the country. :big::au: We had a chance to shut an ACC school down this season and we did not get it done. We took care of business with VT last season. Let's not be too cocky. Let's just take care of business on the field. The rest will take care of itself. If we take 'em one game at a time, we will do fine against anyone that comes our way. Focus on each game, take care of business, then get ready for the next opponent. SEC all the way

Baby !! :thumbsup:

War Eagle !!

My bible verse to live by daily:

Psalm 27:1-3

The Lord is my light and my salvation;Whom shall I fear? The Lord is the srength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid?

When the wicked came against me to eat up my flesh, My enemies and foes, they stumbled and fell.

Though an army may encamp against me, My heart shall not fear: Though war may arise against me, In this I will be confident.

I don't think there will be a QB controversy in Baton Rouge next year - I think Russell took his last meaningful snap for LSU during the SEC CC game - regardless of his injury.

I don't "know" about any rumors, or any of that stuff . but I think its strange that Russell didn't even travel with his team to the Bowl Game . .

Sorry BG, but the media wants to find another conference to get all the accolades so the poor SEC doesn't steal all the thunder. The ACC is stout but not some super power conference like some people thought after UM, VT and BC joined. I wish the talking heads would quit trying to pump up the Pac10 to make USC look better, UCLA proved that the league has no clue what defense is and Oregon proved that any team that is physical can handle a 10 win Pac10 team.

I hate the stupid conference comparison thing going on. Its not fair to the SEC.

The SEC is playing

Missouri

LSU

Iowa

Texas Tech

Wisconsin

West Virginia

The ACC is playing.

Colorado

Boise State

Utah

Minnesota

LSU

South Florida

Louisville

Penn State

The PAC-10 is playing

BYU

Rutgers

Oklahoma

Northwestern

Texas

The PAC-10 played, IMO, easy competition in BYU, Rutgers, and NW. Oklahoma beat Oregon. But if USC wins we will all about how the PAC-10 was .800 in bowl wins and that they obviously had a good conference this year. Their teams aren't playing the calliber teams that the SEC is playing.

The same can be said for the ACC. Colorado, Boise State, Utah, and South Florida are once agian, IMO, weak teams.

It just seems that other than maybe the Missouri game we have tougher competition through the bowls. Maybe it wont matter.

I just hate the stupid equal comparison solely based on Bowl wins. Am I just blowing this out of proportion?

Archived