Why did we abandon the run?

PowerI

Why in the hell did we abandon the run in the first half? It looked just like the Georgia Tech game. We put all the pressure on Brandon. I love Coach Borges and I think he's one of the best offensive coordinators in the country, but I can't understand why you don't run, when you have one of the best runningbacks in the country.

And it seemed that our defense put no pressure on the quarterback. I gave Gibbs credit for the bammer game, but he really screwed it up this game. All in all, that was the worst prepared I have seen Auburn in two or three years.

We did have a good season, I just hate the way it ended.

Re: Abandon the run?  Tuberville offered this comment, for what it's worth:

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/huntsvill...ll=1&thispage=2

"You have to throw the ball when they put nine on the line of scrimmage," Tuberville said, "and we didn't get the job done."

208616[/snapback]

That's crap. Better defenses have put 9 in the box and we still ran up the gut on them. The coaches started getting fancy and didn't do what got them there. Up the gut got them there. Around the end got their asses whipped. Sometimes when it goes bad for this coaching staff, they have no idea how to change it. Looked like "Big Play Ray" trying to coach out there. I wouldn't trade this staff for any other,but I do get frustrated when they cannot execute plan "B".

Re: Abandon the run?  Tuberville offered this comment, for what it's worth:

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/huntsvill...ll=1&thispage=2

"You have to throw the ball when they put nine on the line of scrimmage," Tuberville said, "and we didn't get the job done."

208616[/snapback]

That's crap. Better defenses have put 9 in the box and we still ran up the gut on them. The coaches started getting fancy and didn't do what got them there. Up the gut got them there. Around the end got their asses whipped. Sometimes when it goes bad for this coaching staff, they have no idea how to change it. Looked like "Big Play Ray" trying to coach out there. I wouldn't trade this staff for any other,but I do get frustrated when they cannot execute plan "B".

208650[/snapback]

Amen...and I reiterate...when we DID run up the middle, we seemed to have our best success...and then we'd throw, and that was the end of THAT drive....

:au::homer:

Archived